Posted March 26, 2014
My two kids went to this school and we lived by the rock. My daughter took some IB classes and received a scholarship and graduated from CSU last year. My son is in the Air Force. There is plenty of involvement for parents if they want to get involved. I was involved in DCHS Band and the After Prom Parties.

Posted February 09, 2014
After one year at this high school, I believe there is an extreme amount of room for improvement. The staff and and administration are very unhelpful most of the time, and the classes are exceptionally easy. This school's main focus is on it's athletics, not it's academics. The students at this school harass each other constantly. This school is going down hill quickly. Compared to various other schools, Douglas County has a massive drug issue that should really be addressed. Students will smoke in "the alley" and the staff is aware but chooses to do nothing about it. No body at this school cares about the well-being of each other, and instead try to determine ways to be even more nasty to each other. I am not saying Castle View High School is better, but parents need to look into other options for high school if their main concern is academics and and the over health of their child.

Posted September 10, 2012
This school is by far better than CV. I have been to both. I lasted until Winter Break at CV my Freshman year before transferring to DC. I am now a Junior. CV's academics and teachers are horrible. Don't send your child to CV if you want them to succeed in life. Go Huskies!!

Posted February 16, 2012
Great Schools should post parents reviews together and student reviews in a different place. As a parent of a senior attending DCHS, I could not be happier with the administration and teachers. As a former teacher myself, I can distinguish a good teach from a not-so-good teacher. My daughter has been successful in athletics, academics and music at DCHS. There is a sense of tradition that you cannot get anywhere else! She has grown at this school and is ready to attend a top ranked university. This would not have been possible without the teachers, counselors, coaches, and administration of Douglas County High School. Kuddos Mr. Kappas for running such a wonderful school!

Posted February 14, 2012
Douglas County High School is no place for a teenager to grow and learn. I am a junior attending DC and quite frankly, its a pathetic excuse of a community. None of the teachers care about you, neither academically nor personally. And the administration is the worst. For the sake of your child and his/her safety and well being, do not send your kid here. There is a disgusting, growing epidemic of drug abuse, lack of respect, and absolutely no support for the students. Nobody cares. No spirit. No love. They think they're some big "family" and it's literally a big joke. This school has hit rock bottom. They just won't admit it. There are too many students, and too many teachers and administrators that don't care. They ignore the fact that they're students are dying and failing and giving up. Everybody needs someone to depend on. And we'd like to believe that many students could find that support at school. But it's not here. This school is messed up on so many levels. My parents would rather me attend DC Oaks. DCHS is a pathetic excuse of a high school.

Posted September 28, 2011
I believe that DC is one of the worst schools i had ever attend the teachers don't care about you or education i was told one day in math class that my teacher didn't get paid enough money to teach me! I thought education was about passion and wanting to help you succeeded not at this school it isn't. If you want a true high school experience where the teachers are passionate and care about you go to D.C Oakes thats when i finally learned what a teacher can truly do!

Posted December 15, 2010
The IB program has made me the happiest person on earth! I always felt like the nerdy outcast kid, but after entering IB! Wow! Everything is amazing! Granted, it IS an old school... and the budget isn't super... but what I love is that I know every single IB kid in my year, and a majority of the Seniors too! I also adore the fact that all my friends are in all my classes! I never feel alone or left out. Most people are up until 3 doing homework, true, but you're all up together! It's wonderful! DCHS has made me the person that I am today. It helped me discover my passion for the Chinese language, lead me to my dream college, and my dream major (International Studies). I probably would still have no idea where my life is going if I didn't have DC~

Posted August 06, 2010
This school is amazing.. I have had two older sisters who have gone here and they said it was a VERY good school, so I'm happy to go here.

Posted April 26, 2010
I have two students at DC. As a parent, I love it. I do not worry about them and they have done a wonderful job of educating my children. The staff is great and there is no other place I would rather have my kids go to school!

Posted January 22, 2010

Douglas County High School
2842 Front St, Castle Rock, CO  80104
Last modified Douglas County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Douglas County High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top