Public charter
Castle Rock, CO
Before care: Yes

Academy Charter School 3

Posted May 11, 2014
ACS is a good tight nit community, they are always looking out for one another. I went to the school from K-8th grade. Did i want to go to another school at the time? of course i did. i mean what 5-8th grade kid wants to wear uniforms...? but I'm glad i didn't, personally i think i got the better education then looking at some friends who did not attend a charter school. My class alone has had a girl go onto Stanford University, someone else went to Westmont a private college. Every school is going to have their fair share of rotten apples, teaches who just have no spark left in them and they are only in it for a pay check, to say this school doesn't have a few of those would be untrue. that doesn't mean that the school is awful or unfit for ones child/children. Majority of the teaching staff loves what they do and are happy doing it. Bullying has been an issue in the past but the school is making great strides to eliminate the problem.

Posted April 16, 2014
All of my students middle school teachers word hard and are active outside of just the classroom, they are truly invested in making sure that every student has a place in the school community Yes, the students come home with homework and yes, they are held to high expectations. Each teacher has been easy to communicate with and provides my student with engaging and high quality learning. Two of my students have gone through ACS and are now in high school, one is in 7th grade; all have had great educational experiences. As a parent I am thankful to have a community that is so close and one in which I can actively be a part of regularly. We love our school and love our teachers!

Posted April 13, 2014
I have a child at ACS. She has enjoyed the curriculum, teachers and friends. When my older child transferred to high school. She was beyond prepared for the rigors of high schools. Supportive teachers, administration have an open door policy, ready to support.

Posted April 12, 2014
As a parent at ACS I completely disagree with the parents that complain out the administration and bullying at this school. The unfortunate truth is that we have parents that only hear one side of a conflict, their own child's. Bullying is an over used term and this school provides more anti bully programs than any other school in the district. They use Challenge a Day, Rachel's Change, Core Virtues, Love and Logic, Second Step and many other programs to promote a positive environment. The administration is wonderful and in my dealings with them they are fair. It stinks when your kid makes a mistake and finds themselves in trouble but I'm thankful to have someone that will hold them accountable. Unfortunate we live in a society of helicopter parents that rescue their children at every turn, I approximate a school that doesn't allow that behavior. This is a great school and I would recommend it to anyone!

Posted April 12, 2014
ACS is a great school! The staff works hard to ensure that every student achieves success and feels loved, safe and appreciated. The Deans are amazing and as a staff member I feel supported by the administration. I would recommend this school as a great place to work and send your kids.

Posted April 11, 2014
Academy Charter School is a great school! It has a caring atmosphere where adults keep kids accountable for their behavior and choices. The academic rigor has truly prepared my oldest child for high school. I would highly recommend this school!

Posted April 03, 2014
Academy Charter School is an awesome school! We have moved a lot and my daughter has been to a lot of different schools and I can say Academy Charter is THE BEST to date!! They teach the kids good core values. The teachers seem to want to do their jobs and are there for the kids. My daughter loves all her teachers. Academy Charter has high standards and expectations. The kids want to live do well in school. They care about their grades. From what I can tell, the kids seem to get along well and my daughter has not experienced any bullying (which was a big problem at her last school). My only regret is that the school does not go up to 12th grade.

Academy Charter School 1

Posted April 23, 2013
This school has a good curriculum and very smart students. Everyday when I walk down the halls I see kids being bullied. One of my friends is a victim of it and the teachers know, the deans know, and the counselor knows... Nobody has done anything to help him. The deans are also liars! Especially with the parents. My friends and I had to talk to the deans about an issue and we clarified multiple times that our other friend was not involved in any way, shape, or form. The deans blamed the entire thing on her, said that we told them it was her, and gave her a lunch detention. Her father, who was extremely upset, emailed the deans. They told her father she was in no trouble at all, and that she wouldn't be getting a lunch detention. They also promised to talk to her. They never talked to her. And they made her do the detention. He emailed them again after finding out, but they never replied. I would also like to point out that some of the middle school teachers are very bad. The social studies teacher doesn't help you with an assignment. She will give it to you and expect you to do it without help. Over-all, this school is pretty bad. I hope I helped. Sincerely, A Student

Academy Charter School 2

Posted August 24, 2012
Great curriculum especially in science and math. The dean is fantastic, however there is a strange culture of bullying and ignorance that seems to manifest itself at ACS. Glad to have our kids back in a community-base and friendlier school.

Academy Charter School 2

Posted April 10, 2012
We pulled our daughter out of this school due to the attitudes of the teachers and staff. They take the role of dictator and do not listen to child or parent ideas/complaints/issues. Her kindergarten teacher told me I needed to use reward and punishment to help her improve in school. That is absolutely the worst way to get kids to love education - especially at such a young age! Bullying seems to get worse every year by the children that are staff 'favorites', so nothing is done to address the issue.

Academy Charter School
1551 Prairie Hawk Dr, Castle Rock, CO  80104
Last modified Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top