Posted December 08, 2014
This school far exceeded my expectations. They teach the whole child, focusing not only on academics, but a big emphasis on social skills and emotional intelligence. The teachers are the best I have ever encountered, and the administration is unsurpassed.

Posted September 03, 2013
I attended a parent night at this school at the urging of a friend and it blew me away! Renaissance is an expeditionary learning outward bound school, which means that the learning is more hands-on and inquiry based as opposed to a teacher standing in front of the classroom lecturing. Teachers encourage students to think deeply about subjects. Test scores are high for a school that is not shy about their view that they don't "teach to the test" because all of the students become critical and creative thinkers. All students attend overnight voyages beginning in Kindergarten which builds a school culture that has very little bullying and encourages students to help one another. In fact, the motto "We are crew, not passengers" greets everyone walking into the school in large letters over the door, reminding students that they work as a team and take responsibility for their learning. Children from Renaissance continue on with a deep understanding of themselves and a confidence in learning and social relationships that is invaluable. As a parent, I could send my kids to a skill and drill school with higher scores, but my children will leave Renaissance with far greater thinking skills.

Renaissance Expedition Learn Outward Bound School 4

Posted May 08, 2013
I could almost go to 5 stars but I am going to say four plus. I have two kids in this school and have been impressed with most everything. It is a different style of learning and any parents looking at this should not send their children to this school without learning about the outward bound program. The students learn by doing and observing. They do get some "bookwork" but to me, not as much as say an Academy Charter. The good part, my children are developing into confident young people, the bad, they may not be as performance test driven as some other charter schools. For me, I will take the trade-off. They are blossoming into outstanding young people, who can talk to grown ups while looking them in the eye and understand the consequences of their behavior. They learn to push their limits, physically and mentally.

Posted November 25, 2009
What a great blance...outdoors-y and book-smart! Having these children under the same roof along with strong leadership in the classroom and front office make this the best school my children have attended. Great teacher retention. Serious about community and the outdoor-play area is one-of-a-kind.

Posted February 20, 2009

Posted February 13, 2009
Rich in academic process, super-rich in building community amongst it's attendees and families and puts high emphasis on building character. This is an awesome school if your kid can handle being independent and challenged at times! Awesome!

Posted September 11, 2008
I'm hard to WOW, and this school has wow'd me with my 2nd and 4th graders. Not only are they learning academics, they are busting into critical thinking skills, teamwork skills and common sense skills that go way beyond what traditional academic only schools offer. What more does a parent want than to have a child who is not only smart, but filled with common sense and camaraderie!

Renaissance Expedition Learn Outward Bound School 3

Posted August 04, 2008

Renaissance Expedition Learn Outward Bound School 0

Posted March 26, 2008
I love this school. Have a daughter in the gifted program in 2nd grade. She loves going to school everyday. Ms MarySue has made reading a joy for her. I also have another daughter in kindi and she has just been a sponge for learning this year. Wow what growth. Thank you Ms Kathy! We also use the Camelot after school program and the girls love the activites. I couldn't ask for a better school.

Renaissance Expedition Learn Outward Bound School 3

Posted December 02, 2007
Doesn't teach out of a text book! Huge classes! OK Teachers!

Renaissance Expedition Learn Outward Bound School
3960 Trailboss Ln, Castle Rock, CO  80104
Last modified Renaissance Expedition Learn Outward Bound School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Expedition Learn Outward Bound School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top