Posted December 02, 2014
I couldn't ask for a better school for my 3 kids. Don't let State test scores fool you. Academics are a priority, but equal to the emotional and social elements of growing up. The school has an amazing SPED and Mental Health team. My kids aren't perfect students, but every "mistake" is considered a learning opportunity by the teachers, fellow students, assistants, and administration. As parents, we are always in the loop and collaborative members in the decision-making process. Kids are always the focus and much attention and discussion goes into determining next steps. We feel supported as do our kids. If you are looking for a partnership with your school in a nurturing elementary environment, then look know further. The staff genuinely KNOW the students and have authentic relationships with each kid. I am continually amazed at the connections and relationships I've witnessed between adults and kids. It's a neighborhood family-oriented school. Visit...you'll love it!

Posted September 25, 2014
Our family is a blended military mash up. My ex is military and my current husband is also military. My son has been going to Rock Ridge for 3 years now and during his second year, my military side received orders to NC. We decided to keep my son in Colorado because of this school. He stays with his dad for school and with me all holidays and breaks. The staff and his teachers find every way to keep me involved with his studies, events and even text/email me pictures of him doing projects! On top of that he tests for math at 4th grade level and instead of ignoring his needs to do different work, they made him a whole new curriculum to keep him advancing and not bored and falling behind. I couldn't ask for better teachers or staff. This school is the tight knit community that you can depend on to fit your kids needs.

Rock Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2014
I have had multiple students at this school for over four years, our first year was great! The second year brought new staff, while still good, issues of bullying were ignored and staff began shutting down, Year three brought 9 news and more mess and headache, nothing fixed and the loss of beloved office staff. Year four, so many great teachers have been lost and now the office is full of power hungry staff. if you have special needs children expect coloring pages, not enough Para's, bust the worlds BEST and lacking leadership. Gen ed classes, well good luck! The pre-school program however is top notch with amazing staff, support staff and a real feeling of community. Years after leaving preschool, my students still go say hi, and we are always welcomed with smile and love.

Posted April 27, 2014
We have been at Rock Ridge Elementary for 5 years. Both of my children absolutely LOVE coming here and we , as parents, LOVE that they attend here also. Especially in the past 2 years with the new administration team!! WOW! We finally have true leadership professionals at the helm that totally "get it". The Admin Team is unbelievably supportive of ALL stakeholders; the students, the staff, and the parent community. They always do what is best for the child! The child (or parent) may not always like not getting what they WANT...but they will always get what they really NEED. The rigor of the International Baccalaureate Philosophy far surpasses the expectations of the entire school district!! There are very HIGH expectations for respectful behavior at RRE. Students are expected to be honest, kind, thoughtful, respectful, exhibit tolerance and a high level of integrity. Students are expected to take responsibility for their own behaviors or actions and the consequences that may sometimes follow. I cannot imagine being able to find a school that has higher standards than RRE does! We feel very blessed to belong to such a caring and communicative community!!!

Posted April 25, 2014
I am really surprised by this latest rating, as my own experience could not be more different. I have switched my kids from another school to Rock Ridge, and have found Rock Ridge to be profoundly better. My son experienced some bullying last year, and it was handled swiftly and effectively. My son felt very supported by his teacher and the principal, and the bullying stopped. I have two children at Rock RIdge, and I have found the teachers we have had to be skilled, caring and wonderful. I am very active in my kids' education, and volunteer in both their classrooms. I am at the school a lot, and can honestly say that what I observe on a regular basis is a very caring, skilled and respectful staff. I am thankful every day that we got out of our other school and found Rock Ridge.

Rock Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted April 23, 2014
The administration at this school clearly does not have a handle on bullying. Issues are brought to their attention and they are swept under the carpet. The issue has been going on for years. Don't be fooled into thinking the new principal has fixed anything. In fact, things may be worse than a few years ago. Office staff is marginally friendly and teachers are hit or miss. It is an each man for themselves mentality and in that, the primary needs of the kids go to the wayside. No plans of return for us because we KNOW there are better schools out there. Schools who truly put the child first.

Posted April 18, 2014
My son is in kindergarten and his teacher is very nurturing. There is a wide array of learners in his class and I can tell she's trying to meet the needs of everyone. (She really deserves an aide though! This is kindergarten!) The office staff is very friendly and I feel my son is safe and happy.

Posted October 26, 2013
My three kids have been at Rock Ridge Elementary for two years now, and they love it! We came from Clear Sky Elementary in the Meadows, and Rock Ridge outweighs them in all aspects (teachers, office staff, and curriculum) in my opinion. We have never had an issue with anything at Rock Ridge. I know not all experiences will be the same, but to us they ROCK!!

Rock Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2013
All 3 of our children attend this school and have always experienced the best teachers who really care! Politics aside I know my children and learning at their fullest capabilities and are SAFE while doing so.

Rock Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted October 07, 2013
Reading the reviews I wonder if anyone thinks that a lot of the problems stem from the district itself putting more emphasis on charter schools and less on long established local schools? I almost changed schools and am glad I didn't. I haven't had a bad teacher yet and the new prinicpal is doing a great job with what she started out with. My main complaint is parent involvment but I'm being optimistic that will improve as the school partners with FORR for better communication of needs and volunteer opprotunities. I'm glad my kids can ride their bikes to school, see their friends at the park, even their teachers at the store. There is nothing bad to say about the school except it needs investment and that really comes from administration there is only so much a school can do if the board doesn't do much to help. I firmly believe my children have learned what they need to but more than that learned to be a great citizens and compassionate leaders with a larger understanding of their world.

Rock Ridge Elementary School
400 North Heritage Rd, Castle Rock, CO  80104
Last modified Rock Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rock Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top