Castle Rock, CO
Before care: Yes

Buffalo Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted December 17, 2014
Sarah McAfee announced her resignation yesterday. Let's hope the new Principal shows a little more empathy and compassion towards the children and the staff and allows ALL parents and not the chosen few to steer BRE successfully into 2015. Goodbye Sarah. You won't be missed.
3 people found this helpful

Buffalo Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted November 30, 2014
Our experience at BRE has been nothing but positive. We are in our third year at BRE, having moved here from out of state. What we have found at BRE is kind, creative teachers who know each student as an individual and deliver excellent, differentiated education; ability-grouped instruction; involved parents; an on-site before and after school program (also includes a summer camp and offers care on most days the school is closed); and lots of extracurricular activities. I have consistently found the principal to be smart, caring, approachable, a listener, completely reasonable, and focused on making BRE the best it can be. I am surprised by the negative comments below. We love BRE!

Posted November 23, 2014
Buffalo Ridge Elementary was an amazing school until Sarah McAfee became principal. She has bullied teachers, frustrated parents and used funds inappropriately. Kids have been pulled out mid-year and teachers breaking contract to stop her malicious behavior. She should not have any role with children.

Posted October 28, 2014
I am a middle schooler who previously attended Buffalo Ridge. I have a younger sibling that currently attends the school. She is constantly telling me stories about how bad of shape the school is currently in and how much the school has deteriorated since the new principle was hired. I think that the school will defiantly continue to go downhill unless there are some very significant changes with the decision making at the school. It breaks my heart to see all of the wonderful teachers at Buffalo Ridge quiting and being fired for no reason. These teachers are funny, inspiring people who truly put light in the classroom making the students think that school is fun and exciting. I truly wish that someone would step forward and get rid of this horrifying principle.

Buffalo Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2014
Readers need to take these reviews with a grain of salt. This is a wonderful school in a high performing district with skilled and dedicated teachers and staff. Having experienced elementary schools within five different districts around the US, I can confidently say that if you're looking for a top-notch education for your child in a safe, caring environment, look no further than BRE. Not to mention that this elementary feeds into one of the best middle and high schools in the state. Of course, they've had their issues over the years with personnel, turnover, implementing district policies, etc. But, overall, we are very pleased with the caliber of instruction and the professionalism of the staff at BRE.

Buffalo Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted September 29, 2014
I disagree with all of the negative comments regarding the principal and teachers. This is our 3rd year at Buffalo Ridge and we are beyond thrilled with our children's education. They have had fantastic teachers and have excelled academically. I volunteer & am in the school on a weekly basis. I know most of the staff at BRE extremely well and they go above and beyond... I believe many people have the opinion that teachers left because of Sarah McAfee. That is simply not the truth. If anyone had inside information, they would know several left because of other circumstances. The teachers that were let go were not asked for their jobs back because they weren't teaching to the standards that Sarah demands. That is the way it should be in my opinion. We are grateful for BRE for providing our children with such a great education. It is a wonderful atmosphere and we couldn't be happier.

Posted June 11, 2014
This school and community has been so hurt by the district and now an extremely poor choice in principals. She reallocated the budget to provide assistance for herself and not the children. Reduced special education, reading intervention and psychologist for the children so she doesn't have to work very hard. Arranged no activities for the children outside academics (and we wonder why our children are becoming so violent and hurt.....leaders like this) She broke a state law and excluded parents from having input in any decisions regarding our children or the school. A teacher from each grade has left this year. She needs to go!

Buffalo Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2014
After years of having leadership concerns at this school there was such hope that our new school principal would motivate the staff, parents and children. I'm sorry to say that the staff is frustrated, the parents are angry and the kids are suffering. This is not the principal for our school. She is very controlling and clearly the children are not her first priority. She makes many promises and doesn't follow through, she does NOT support or motivate her staff and the parents are treated with no respect and not a value to the school. DCSD should put a successful seasoned Principal to pull the school up from years of poor administration and move this Principal out.

Posted February 16, 2014
Over-crowded, unstable leadership, unhappy teachers, no teacher assistants; the over-all tone toward the children in some mid grade classes from the teaching staff is curt and unfriendly. Wonderful parent community.

Buffalo Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted December 09, 2013
I don't agree with the previous writer about our NEW Principal. I think her motivation, disorganization, lack of spirit and leadership is really hurting a well established school. I think her "vision" is misguided and seems to be about what "she wants" and not really about the kids. She wants to make a name for herself, so what about the kids. She isn't the leader we needed and probably a better assistant principal.

Buffalo Ridge Elementary School
7075 North Shoreham Dr, Castle Rock, CO  80108
Last modified Buffalo Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buffalo Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top