Public charter
Castle Rock, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted December 08, 2014
My grandsons go to this school and I am so impressed with the caring teachers and administrators! They love the Montessori learning environment and are thriving. I pick them up from school often and they are always so happy with their day at school! Thank you!

Posted December 04, 2013
This is a wonderful school. My daughter is in pre-K and loves it! Miss Lindsay is amazing and I could not be happier with my daughter's overall experience.

Posted September 24, 2013
I'm an 8th grader at DCS, and the past 4 years at this school have been amazing! Almost all my teachers were the best (although 4 of them don't teach at this school anymore). I've learned so much. Because this school uses the Montessori method, DCS lets you work at your own pace, but if you're behind, they'll help. The teachers really do care about the students, and after having one teacher for at least 2 years, that teacher becomes more than just a teacher; he or she becomes one of your best friends. They encourage a lot of teamwork and really want you to do your best. Students are given a lot of responsibility at a young age, but by 8th grade, they've got it down. This school isn't completely perfect, but they're pretty darn close. This place became my second home. I love DCS, and I'm going to be so sad when I leave, but I know that I've gotten an amazing education and had great experiences I will never forget. Go Cougars! (Note: Not everyone that you talk to will have the same thing to say about this school, but I promise that if you look for the good, you'll get good.)

Posted May 02, 2013
We Love DCS Montessori! The principal, the teachers and the teacher's assistants are attentive, highly educated, sincerely interested in each student, and treat the children with kindness & respect. DCS fosters a love of learning and provides each student the ability to excel as far as they want to in any given subject, unlike traditional public schools. That being said, our children are 2 grades ahead in math and 3 grades ahead in reading. The school is attentive to the needs of the students and any parent requests. The principal is a dedicated, respected leader and has the best interest at heart for the students and the school. DCS recently added a middle school, which proves to me, once again, their unending dedication to providing the best opportunities for the students. I couldn't recommend a better school. The school is organized, peaceful and pleasant. The children are taught not only the normal subjects required by a school, but are also taught how to be leaders and to be honest, kind and thoughtful. DCS fosters the love of learning and creative, independent thought. I can't say enough great things about DCS.

Posted April 01, 2013
Such a great school! The teachers are amazing and my daughter loves it there! It amazes me what my 5 year old is learning especially multiplication in kindergarten! A traditional neighborhood school would have never kept her interest like this school does. Her teacher is amazing with communication and making sure all of the students are learning in true Montessori fashion. They instill a passion for life-long learning which is key to me. We feel fortunate to be a part of the DCS Montessori family!

Posted May 30, 2012
We have been here for 2.5 years so far and we love it. Every school has its issues but when you go to the principle here, Mr. Jeromy takes the problem seriously and does not just feed you the party line. He takes care of whatever issue it may be. We have had 3 excellent teachers and 3 Aides that really take the time to get to know my children. I love the fact that my child will be pushed to make improvement rather than hanging along at the state level. They have moved grade levels because they can work to their potential rather than waiting -bored- for everyone to catch up. At this school they are ability grouped and tested year long to make sure they are in the right group for them. All in all, I have no major complaints. To state that you wonder how many of the reviews were written by employees is just ridiculous. Any school or business could be doing that. Do you wonder about all of those?

D C S Montessori Charter School 1

Posted May 24, 2012
As you can see from the wide difference in the reviews, there are some who will have a good experience at this school and some who will have the exact opposite. (Also I wonder how many were submitted by employees) That's not surprising given that there are some great teachers here and some outright horrible ones. Same goes for the people in charge. If you're willing to take that chance then I wish you the best. Also be prepared to be kept in the dark about personnel changes due to reprimand and resignations. The pre-K and K are a virtual revolving door. A poor way to run a school. At least they are keeping the nearby charter school busy with new additions.

Posted April 27, 2012
I have 4 children who started in preschool and my oldest has transitioned into Middle School, where he has done extremely well. What we value most is how much our children love learning and are excited by it. Our children have learned to take responsibility for their work and be internally motivated to learn and excel. It has been a safe, supportive and positive experience for our entire family. The teachers are dedicated and committed to providing for the academic, social, cultural and emotional needs of the children - which is all that you could hope for in a school and staff. The leadership is strong and we are excited that there will now be an option for Middle School that truly provides a unique educational option.

D C S Montessori Charter School 1

Posted April 11, 2012
We had to move out of this school mid year due to bullying and harassment issues. The staff would not follow the recommendations of the professionals who were trying to stop my child from being harassed. As a result my child was harassed and bullied for an entire year. I would never recommend anyone stay in this school past Kindergarten. There is a very elitist mentality, so don't go here unless you have very deep pockets, and want you child to only interact with white rich kids.

Posted February 01, 2012
Perspective from parent whose kids were at DCS years ago: Our daughter is a Junior at Castle View High School. She is the Student Representative for the Visual and Performing Arts academy, and is extremely active on Student Government. She is also a member of National Honor Society, Tri-M Music Honor Society and the International Thespian Society. She's holding down a weighted GPA of 3.82 , along with voice lessons and play practices. (Thank you, DCS and Mr Matt [Long] and Miss Laura, for giving her the self-confidence to pursue her dreams, the recognition that every person is important in getting great things accomplished, and the poise and assurance to speak and give presentations in front of a crowd.

D C S Montessori Charter School
311 Castle Pines Parkway, Castle Rock, CO  80108
Last modified D C S Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D C S Montessori Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top