Castle Rock, CO

Posted July 21, 2010
My name Is Amber Hahn. I graduated from Daniel C. Oakes may 2008 and it will always be a part of my heart. I went to Douglas county high school before and then transphered. If I hadn't I would have never graduated as valedictorian, I would have never been in college on my way to becoming a teacher and a couselor. Oakes gave me a new life and a reason to be some body in this world. I'd be no where with out them. This is without a doubt the best school there ever is and ever will be. I lvoe Oakes.

Daniel C Oakes High School--Castle Rock 0

Posted August 04, 2009
I am a proud parent of my kid at DC Oaks. They have taken this kid with no regard for a traditional high school education and turned him around. They teach real life transistion, they share in their experiences which I don't have. They relate to the student as adults making their own decisions. The policies are as if they worked there, your late you get punished. No change and you don't have a shcool to go to just as if you went to work late everyday, no job. It has given me a child with a future.

Posted June 03, 2009

Posted May 11, 2009
I personally can't even imagine going to a different school after being in such a family based environment, I use to be confused and kinda took the school for granted because it seemed like the school kept changing in the wrong direction but in reality it was just evolving and adapting to whatever family orientation the newer generation brought with them. Daniel C. Oakes H.S. was a blessing in a pretty bad disguise, everyone pretty much thought of it as 'the druggy school' but when I ended up there somehow... it ended up changing my life for the better and I appreciate life in a whole new perspective because of it. The outdoor trips really do bring people together, the teachers are amazing, and the freedom is intoxicating, this is probably the only school where you wont feel like just another number on a piece of paper. Thank you Oakes!Cary M

Posted January 13, 2009

Posted August 31, 2008
My name is Garrett Walker and i graduated from Oakes in May 2007 and i have to tell you if you're looking for a high school to go to this is the place. i'm serious. This school saved my life. Because the school i went to before it, i won't even mention it, drove me crazy. Because unlike oakes which puts you in a family environment this does nothing! It did what other schools do! It was just the same!! It was nonsense! This shcool however makes you comfortable so therefore you actually succeed i guarantee it. Seriously go to this school. Because you won't make any better choice. Because now after what they've done for me i have decided to post this just as extra help for the school. Thanks for reading good day

Posted November 25, 2007

Posted December 31, 2005
I am a senior currently attending D. C. Oakes. Before I went to this school, I went to ThunderRidge in Highlands Ranch. All I have to say is, there is no comparison. This school offers everything traditional high schools cannot, including spectacular, experienced, brilliant teachers that truly connect with and support us. They guide us, listen to us, and I'm pretty sure I have never seen a school with as much mutual appreciation, respect, and friendship between students and teachers as this one. And unlike other schools, where kids are just a number or a seat in the classroom, the students that go here are part of something special - a family. While we don't have sports teams or anything like that, we have something much more important - a place where you are encouraged to be yourself, learn, and grow. To me, that is what makes this school the best.

Posted December 28, 2005
DC Oakes is a wonderful school that gives hope to all it students. It is more of a family than a school. The teachers are there to help not just to get paid. The programs help students that really want to learn. At DC Oakes, you are not just some kid in the classroom, but someone.

Daniel C Oakes High School--Castle Rock
15 South Gilbert St, Castle Rock, CO  80104
Last modified Daniel C Oakes High School--Castle Rock is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Daniel C Oakes High School--Castle Rock Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top