Centennial, CO

Highland Elementary School 2

Posted January 09, 2015
This school seems to be letting my daughter fall through the cracks. It is very disappointing.

Posted May 27, 2013
My son attended Highland Elementary School. He received an excellent education from experienced teachers that have prepared him well for middle school. I highly recommend Highland.

Posted May 16, 2013
My son went to Highland for 1st and 2nd grade until we moved away from the area. It was really a great school with great teachers and staff. My son was on an ILP and worked with Mrs. Chambless who was a godsend. The teachers really helped address his issues with learning to read and he is a great reader now! I would have never left Highland had it not been for moving across town and I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a great learning environment for their child!

Highland Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2013
My son has been at Highland Elementary now for 4 years and for the most part we have been happy with it. The teachers are very caring and helpful. I really like the fact that so many parents are volunteers. The general layout of the school is really nice and spacious. My issues are that a new principle arrived in 2010 and things seem to be getting more and more disorganized. Also I feel that some of the office staff is incredibly rude when we have needed to call with a question or issue. It just seems like anything out of the ordinary gets you a rude response these days.

Highland Elementary School 4

Posted July 21, 2010
Highland has a warm, caring atmosphere. Many of the teachers have been there for several years (low turn-over rate, which is good.) I have only two complaints--the school hours (9:06-3:43) and homework. Beginning homework at 4:00, after having already endured nearly 7 hours of school seems wrong. It makes for a hectic schedule, particularly if your child is involved in any extra-curricular activities. It also affects a normal dinner schedule, as the kids are generally starving when they get home. So, they eat a snack, then aren't hungry for "real dinner" until much later. The entire window from 4:00 until bed-time consists of snack, homework, dinner, shower, read, and go to bed. Very little family time left over. I understand the importance of working with your child one-on-one to reinforce skills taught at school--but how about skipping unnecessary busywork and looking into a more reasonable start/dismissal time?

Highland Elementary School 0

Posted January 08, 2008
Excellent school. There is a wonderful feeling of belonging here. Lots of parental involvement (voluntary!). I feel like they actually care what happens with the kids. Smalltown feel.

Posted September 27, 2004
My oldest son attended Highland from Kindergarten through 5th grade and my twins are currently in 1st grade at Highland. Every teacher I've encountered through the years has been dedicated, nurturing and inspiring to my children and to myself. Every day I am grateful to them for all they do for each child in their classrooms. One of my sons has been in the Gifted and Talented program and another has seen the Speech Therapist regularly. From these two extremes, I can say that both of them have been treated wonderfully, made to feel important and have progressed in great strides, both in their own ways. The principal, Mrs. March, and all of the staff are caring and efficient. I volunteer a lot at the school and each staff member has sincerely expressed their gratitude. Through volunteering, I have met so many wonderful parents. I would highly recommend Highland Elementary!

Posted July 01, 2004
I have had three years experience with Highland and am very pleased with the experience my 8 year old son and I have had. My shy son has come along way in feeling comfortable at school and is always happy to go. I contribute much of this to the warm, nurturing environment provided by the whole staff. The test scores shown seem lower than what I would expect. I have had nothing but excellent experience with the teachers and the quality education they have provided. I do know the Principal at Highland reviews programs regularly and takes feedback from parents seriously. I am happy to know that the educational experience offered to my children will only improve with the coming years. I have also had a positive experience volunteering in the school. Volunteers are made to feel appreciated and it has allowed me to get to know many other dedicated parents.

Highland Elementary School
711 East Euclid Ave, Centennial, CO  80121
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top