Bad
Good

Great school and we love the new principal she has been wonderful! Very excited for this year!

I have to children at the school and we have had nothing but good experiences. This is our 5th year at Hopkins and my children have made great friendships with other kids, and have learned so much. They come home telling me about all the things they are learning, and they are always excited about it. The teachers truly care and work at building relationships with the students. My children feel important, and love their teachers every year. I have always been welcome into classrooms to discuss how my children are doing. I have also been in the classrooms during the day and have seen lessons in action - everyone is always engaged and having fun as they are learning. Hopkins has some great activities outside of learning as well; my children's favorites are the Halloween Dance, the Spring Dance, the Fun Run with another elementary school, and the Talent Show. So glad we have a couple more years left at Hopkins!

I came to work at Hopkins after working several years in Wyoming. I have been overwhelmed at the great supportive faculty and administration. You do not often find such a welcoming group who really believes in focusing on what benefits students. I was also extremely pleased with student behavior, there is a great focus around building a positive learning environment. I feel extremely blessed to be a part of this team.

We moved into the Hopkins neighborhood this year and we feel like we hit the jackpot! My son is a 2nd grader and my daughter attends the preschool. The teachers and staff are caring, friendly, and happy to be at the school! Every family we have met has been so welcoming and kind. My kids have made some really great friends. The school does an excellent job of teaching each child at their current level, and trying to raise test scores without stressing the kids over it. We moved from one of the top schools in Denver and I hands down prefer hopkins!!!

Hopkins is a small community school located in Centennial Colorado. Teachers believe that all students can learn and differentiate instruction to meet individual student needs. Current school goals focus on improving reading and writing. Teachers participate in collaborative learning opportunities including Professional Learning Communities which meet ten times per school year to discuss student achievement, assessments, work samples, and instructional strategies aligned to State Standards. Consequently, our state assessment scores have continued to improve over the past six years. Hopkins' utilizes PBIS (Positive Behavioral interventions and Supports Program) to promote responsibility, respectful behavior, and safety. Kindness is our common school theme. We have supportive parent and community members who volunteer hundreds of hours to help make Hopkins a better place. Parent feedback on yearly surveys show a high satisfaction rate.

I have two students who are open-enrolled at Hopkins. The teachers, staff and community are amazing! There is a true sense of family/community that surrounds the students. The personal attention and commitment to my kids has been much appreciated- teachers really want students to succeed and have gone over and beyond to help us get them there.

As a parent to 4 kiddos who are in Hopkins, I am very happy with the education my children have received. The teachers pour their hearts into my kiddos and challenge them academically. I absolutely love the community of parents, students and staff at Hopkins. I love the "small school" feel of Hopkins and all the fun activities they have to foster that home/school connection. I also LOVE the I Love to Read program where older members from the community come in to read one on one with the students- INCREDIBLE! Great school!

We love this school and all of the staff. So far, we've had only good experiences.

I have two kids at Hopkins. My son is in 5th grade and my daughter is in 2nd grade. They are very different. My son is intense and needs constant supervision and encouragement. My daughter is self motivated. I thought my sons success in school was going to be a huge challenge, but each year he has had the most wonderful teachers. They are inventive and skilled at challenging him and encouraging success through hard work and focus. He has had the most amazing year this year! He very easily could have become discouraged with school, but instead, he is engaged and loves going to school. Thank you Hopkins I am so grateful. My daughter has also been challenged to be the best version of herself! You would think with 2 such different kids, 1 would be lost in the shuffle, but not so! Hopkins takes the time to get to know each child, they work with the parents and are turning out some very well balanced, hard working, kind, honest little people. Sorry I sound like a freakin commercial for the school but after reading some of the reviews I thought it was important to share my Hopkins story!

I am a parent with three students at Hopkins. It is our neighborhood school. I have a student with learning difficulties and a student who is in the gifted and talented programs. I feel that they both get their needs met at Hopkins. It is important to me that there is a social/emotional aspect to the curriculum at the school so that my kids needs are met on all levels. Hopkins is a caring and academically excellent community. Test scores have steadily improved since my oldest child came in Kindergarten and is now in 5th grade. I would recommend Hopkins to any parent asking about elementary schools in LPS!

Last modified Hopkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.