Centennial, CO

Posted April 22, 2014
My children open enrolled in Hopkins but the past couple years since they got a new principal the school allows bullying, the principal response to sexual talk has been appalling, he has poor communication and scheduling, I have a student in the 5th grade and we are celebrating the day he goes to middle school. My other child at Hopkins will not be attending in the fall. Such a disappointment.

Posted November 01, 2013
I am a current parent at Hopkins and I am looking to leave the school. The principal refuses to make the necessary disciplinary changes and because of this, bullying and harassment continue to be a big issue. My child comes home and tells me about the day and I am appalled. I cannot believe that a school that was once so great could fall so fast. I feel sorry for the teachers and staff because I believe they are not allowed to deal with these situations they way they want. The principal has effectively ruined this school. Hopefully LPS will realize this and get a new principal in there ASAP. I know that we are not waiting for that day. As soon as I can get my children enrolled in another school we will leave. We are very sad, as this used to be a great little neighborhood school.

Posted October 30, 2013
Mark Hopkins was probably one of the best schools in the district. Then a new principle came in a has effectively destroyed all moral in the school. Teachers are pitted against each other. Bullying is rampant and they do little to help the issue.

Posted May 18, 2013
I have had one to two kids enrolled at Hopkins since 2009, and I can't say enough good things about this school. The teachers were caring and were always willing to go the extra mile whenever either of my children had a problem. They're both smart kids, too, and they've definitely been adequately challenged. We are moving soon and will miss Hopkins tremendously! I feel very lucky that both of my children had their educational foundation here.

Posted April 17, 2013
Hopkins used to be a great school but it has gone down hill. The school allows bullying and rarely helps the students solve the issues. The teachers are tired and want to leave. Very dissapointed.

Posted April 06, 2011
I am the mother that just wrote the last review. I accidentally rated it a 3 when I meant to rate it a 5.

Hopkins Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2010
We have two years of experience with Hopkins and only have great things to say about the Pre-K and Kindergarten programs. Megan Jensen and Melissa Hubbard are dedicated, skilled teachers. Principal Drew Brueckner is easily the gold standard for this role; we also have a teen aged child so have encountered many principals in the past ten years - Mr. B has passion, skill, and dedication far beyond any principal I have ever met.

Posted September 16, 2009
Best elementary school in littleton, Mr Buckner the principal knows every kid by name, and Matt lonie is the best teacher my son could have had last year, as well as mrs Shamus-write was the year before. Best school in Littleton, and we are optionally enrolled, and drive to it so my son has the best there is

Posted August 04, 2008
My child went here for her Kindergarten year in Fall of 2007. She loved it they have free full day Kindergarten and the teaching staff is great they work with your student well with class sizes no bigger than 30 students and the kindergarten and preschool classrooms usually have an assistant teacher on hand to help with the kids learning too.

Hopkins Elementary School
7171 South Pennsylvania Street, Centennial, CO  80122
Last modified Hopkins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hopkins Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top