Posted April 25, 2014
As a teacher myself, I place a lot of importance in quality instruction, and I couldn't be happier with Peabody! I've had the opportunity to meet with various teachers, support staff, and the principal, and all of them work hard to provide individualized help for every student. Class sizes are small. Teachers are excellent. And I think there's a lot of technology integration. My child has made tremendous growth this year, all thanks to the teachers at Peabody.

Peabody Elementary School 3

Posted December 01, 2013
I think this school is average compared to other schools in the LPS district. The teachers are older and are not up to date on technology and some teachers tend to teach subjects with an 'old school' nun approach. I wish there were more younger teachers who understand the future of education with technological advances that can help propel and prepare children for the future.

Posted November 13, 2013
This school is fantastic. I have 2 kids here. Great teachers. Great instruction. Great class size.

Posted September 05, 2013
We love Peabody! It's a great school, I have two children there. They are both very happy, adjusted, and get an excellent level of attention and dedication from their teachers. I really like the setting, too. It's a good education, without the politics, and high-brow individuals that seem to come along with highly ranked schools. I've got nothing but good things to say - I'm glad to be a part of this school.

Posted May 17, 2013
I happened to move into the Peabody area before having kids. I was blessed to have such a great school with my step children moving from Aurora. They were behind a grade but with in a short time at Peabody they were thriving at their own levels! Now I have two more coming throug... I wouldn't trade the staff, teachers or principal for the world! Peabody truely has excellant programs, teachers, and staff. My children get the skills, one on one, and the teachers recognize areas your children need help or excell and communicate this regularly. I love the community of parents, teachers, staff, principal, and neighbors who volunteer and help make Peabody what it is- a great school that nurtures, teaches, and truly cares for and about our children. I will say the more your involved, the more you really see how hard everybody truly works to make peabody the best. I wouldn't trade our school for anything!

Peabody Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2013
I am very sad to give this school such a low rating, because of so many people who have told us great things about this school. However, things are not what they seem. Teachers complain to the parents then to the principle about everything children do. It is very frustrating, but when they should notify the parents about an incident they don't. Communication is very unclear and indirect. Principle likes to involve specialists with everything. I'm very disappointed with the school, teachers and the principle.

Posted February 03, 2013
Moved from another local school district just to attend this school. True individualized instruction. A truly great school!

Posted December 05, 2012
My children have been at Peabody for 5 years. I have always been active as a parent volunteer in the classroom. In the past 2 years, I have become more involved with PTO efforts and in going to PTO meetings, giving me an in-depth perspective on the challenges facing the Principal and the teachers, with budget cuts and transient families. There is great diversity in the children, ability-wise (from special ed to gifted/talented programs), socioeconomically, and culturally. I have great respect for the Principal's and teachers' professionalism and care in providing the best learning environment for children of all abilities. Parents don't always realize how many needs and issues the administration faces in making decisions, and that it always has to follow the LPS guidelines (re: the security concerns of previous raters - Peabody follows LPS standards for security). Any issues that have needed adressing in my children's classes have been solved with care. The Principal is not always warm and fuzzy, but she most certainly cares deeply about the students and their best learning environment. Finally, the parents are very involved. Peabody has a wonderful caring community.

Posted August 15, 2012
I chose to enroll my two children at Peabody last year after extensive research of the other schools available to us. Our home school Franklin as well as Sandburg and Lenski seemed comparable academically, but the class ratios were much higher. My son's kindergarten teacher was the best teacher we have ever had and I think likely the best we will ever have. Our principal Mrs. Ryan is thoughtful and truly cares about the students and knows them by name. The parental involvement is outstanding and overall feeling of the school one of a family atmosphere. There is no higher or lower "class" socially and the kids are inclusive. The resources are more than most schools have anymore and the campus is huge. We had the opportunity to switch to Littleton Academy, but I felt my children were getting a better education at Peabody ane more attention from the teachers than they would were the class sizes larger. 19 children in a kindergarten or first grade class allows for more one on one time and flexibility within the classroom to address the children who are on the high or the low end of the class. 5280 knew what they were doing when they rated Peabody a Great school in their magazine.

Posted January 21, 2012
We absolutely love Peabody. We have one student in 1st grade and another starting next year. I don't quite understand the rating of 7, as the school rates 8 in most categories, with a few scattered 7's and a 6, but I give it a 10 :) Our teachers have been excellent, and Principal Ryan is an excellent administrator. I don't think the absorption of Ames students has hurt the quality of education one bit. The class sizes are still some of the lowest. Parent involvement at this school is very high. All the teachers and administrators are very accessible via phone, email and individually. I'm sure there is the occasional upset parent, but I think the norm would be a high level of parental satisfaction. PANTHER PRIDE!!!

Peabody Elementary School
3128 East Maplewood Ave, Centennial, CO  80121
Last modified Peabody Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peabody Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top