Centennial, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted April 13, 2014
All three of my children attended Twain and I was completely pleased with the high level of education they received. It was evident that every teacher cared for his/her students and worked hard to meet their individual needs as best as possible. I would highly recommend Twain to any parent considering this school for their children. Twain has a high percentage of open-enrolled students which only attests to the high quality of education provided here.

Posted April 06, 2014
I was rather surprised to see the negative review posted regarding the office staff and principal. I have always been treated with the utmost respect, kindness and professionalism when walking into the office or speaking with them over the phone. The ladies in the front office are adored by many parents and students alike. The review does not match the character of the woman I have known for several years. I believe the review of the principal is uncharacteristic of him as well. He has always been very welcoming and professional. I would suggest to any possible new parent to meet with them and base your opinion off of your personal experience as the previous review does not adequately describe the individuals I know.

Twain Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2014
In terms of having children with Dyslexia, Twain has done fairly well. We are on our 8th year at the school. In the beginning they were slow to help us figure out that our children had learning disorders. When I figured it out privately, they worked with us fairly well (this was 5 years ago).There have been staff changes in the reading department, which is never good for kids who get attached to great reading teachers. There has also been quite a bit of change in teachers. The 5th grade changes have resulted in a very good 5th grade teacher this 2013-2014 school year. The prior 5th grade situation was not great for kids with L.D. One 5th grade teacher only likes to teach to kids who fit within a "box" the other was new and knew less than we did as parents. The new 5th grade teacher, if she stays, is a huge positive to the 5th grade. The principal at Twain works well with parents with children with learning disabilities but his focus is really on the gifted kids. My kids have fairly moderate to mild Dyslexia and I have had to stay very involved and engaged in the process, which parents really should. So together with parents and teachers and admin. it has worked pretty well.

Twain Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2013
Completely unprofessional behavior on behalf of the principle and office staff!! I would NEVER send my child to this school again!

Posted April 09, 2013
In the review below, please forgive the inappropriate use of "it's" instead of "its". It certainly doesn't reflect well on the review of Twain if the parent doesn't know basic grammar!

Posted March 04, 2013
I would recommend Mark Twain Elementary school to any parent with a child in K-5! The teachers go above and beyond for their students academically, make sure they receive the individual attention that is needed and created challenging academic programs. The principal also goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our children, teachers and parents are supported, and our students receive the best education they possibly can. I equally love the parent community Twain has. Our parents are involved and feel right at home at Twain. Our PTO is amazing and supports our kids, teachers and school more than I have seen at any other school in the state. I'm a proud Twain Parent and am confident my child is receiving the education and support she needs, and that will continually be built upon throughout her lifetime.

Posted October 07, 2011
I am highly satisfied with the level of education going on at Twain elementary. I think there are things that they could improve to take in one step further but all in all its a pretty amazing school. Have had great success with teachers with one exception and our son is growing under his current instruction.

Posted April 29, 2011
My daughter has been at Twain since kindergarten and she has received an excellent education. The school is older, not pretty and there are more colors of carpet than I care to see but the teachers and staff are excellent. Mrs. Ahlgren in the 3rd grade is amazing, she is caring and kind and connects with students in a rare way. She has a gift. My daughter has excelled this year thanks to her patience and excellent teaching. My daughter loves going to school.

Posted March 06, 2008
The extended day kindergarten with Ms. Duncan is excellent, my daughter has made tremendous growth and loves her teacher. I have worked in the education field for years and she is by far one of the best teachers my kids have had. I would highly recommend Twain to all parents!

Posted February 25, 2008
My daughter has only been there for two years, but I really like it so far. The kindergarten teachers are the best especially Mrs. Brotherton, I don t think we could have asked for a better teacher.

Twain Elementary School
6901 South Franklin St, Centennial, CO  80122
Last modified Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Twain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top