Bad
Good

Lois Lenski rocks! We transitioned our children from another school district this year and it is the best decision I could have made. The level of education and the teaching staff are truly amazing. My children are in 4th grade and Kindergarten and they both love going to school each day. I was worried that my 4th grader would have a difficult transition, but his classmates and teachers were kind and welcoming from day one. I highly recommend Lois Lenski!

We have had very good experiences with the teachers at Lenski through 3rd Grade - up until 4th grade. But it needs to be noted that Lenski Elemenatry has a ridiculous "unwritten" policy for their 4th grade classes (two teachers in particular) who assign between 2 to 3 hours of home PER NIGHT or more. Countless parents have complained through the years to both the teachers and the principle - to no avail. Sadly, it's the two classrooms (where the best, most academic students have been placed) who assign this unattainable level of homework and Lenski is in turn, "burning out" the brightest students. We don't understand the goal in doing so. They are turning the children who naturally loved to go to school into hating school! I've heard several parents complain about this. It is leaving practically no time for family-related activities, sports (they need exercise!), and other activities. Also, if they don't complete all their homework (staying up late, past their bedtime) they usually have to stay in for recess to complete it - therefore getting absolutely no exercise or sunlight for the day. Lenski needs to stop pushing these kids TOO hard, it's only Elementary School!

Wonderful school! Teachers are caring and involved, and so is the principal. My only complaint is that they seem to focus on the Common Core curriculum, which I disagree with. I realize that most schools are adopting this curriculum but I wish LPS would reconsider.

Can't say enough about how happy we have been with Lenski. The teachers are exceptional and really have their eyes on pushing each child to their fullest potential (which I think/hope is also driven and supported by our great principal). The parents involvement is off the charts. We were nervous about "real school" and have been very very happy.

As a parent of a 5 year old, this is the first time my wife and I have dealt with "real" school since we were kids. The horror stories and our own bad experiences made us yearn for private school. It was too cost prohibitive. LENSKI IS Incredible. It has turned out to be everything we had hoped for in private school. It should be a model for other schools. My wife and I are allowed to volunteer at school and we are so glad we could because it allows us to see how school can be run with good direction. We could not be happier with the staff at all levels. My son was considerably behind (through no fault of his own) and as a kindegardner they are successfully bringing him up to speed. They have exceptional teachers and programs and I am amazed at how many of the names of each child they know from all over the school.

Lenski is a wonderful school with fantastic academic achievement. There is a large percentage of parent involvement and a very active PTO organization. While class size has increased over the past couple of years due to budget cuts statewide, the level of education has not suffered. The school has many resources for reading, computers , library sciences, etc. and pulls from these resources when needed for various learning needs and opportunities. The children in grades 3rd, 4th and 5th touch a computer daily and the younger grades do several times a week. There are also many enrichment programs offered before and after school such as mad science, computer club, spanish, various musical classes, art and many others. I have had three children over the past eight years enrolled in the school and found that each one has excelled. I love this school for my children!

Wonderful school! We were so happy with the teachers, how the school was run, the parent involvement and all the extras the school offered (music performance programs, foreign languages etc). My children are now in high school and college so it has been a few years, but they have both done well since leaving Lenski. I am sure due to the great foundation the school provided.

We have been very pleased with Lenski and their academic focus. Lenski's principal Dr. DeSpain has a remarkable reputation and delivers excellence. The parent involvement and volunteer participation is very high. Fundraising is hugely successful and helps support some great programs. I would highly recommend this gem to any family seeking a top notch school in the area.

Lenski is a small school with a great community and fabulous teachers! I think that the students do lots of hands on projects, music, art, and theater, and accelerated learning programs. Wonderful school!

They are children centric and have helped keep my daughter engaged and challenged.

Last modified Lois Lenski Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.