Centennial, CO

Posted November 02, 2014
My children have attended STM for 5 years now and we are so grateful to be a part of this wonderful community. It is warm, nurturing and faith filled. Our children are all typical learners and STM has provided a perfect challenge for them. We have been very impressed with all the teachers and aides that we've had through the years. The grade levels work really well as a team and the teachers have great classroom management skills. We are amazed by our children's growth and independence not only academically, but emotionally and spiritually, as well. We feel that they will be well prepared for high school and beyond.

Posted October 09, 2014
We have been at STM for 3 years now and have loved every minute of it. The principal and teachers are fantastic. They seem to really care about educating the whole child. The academics are tough, and the teachers hold the children to a very high standard. The faith component is very strong and this is seen in the caring and involved community that exists at the school. I feel that everything done at the school is done thoughtfully and carefully. My student is excited to go to school everyday. I really couldn't ask for anything more in a school.

Posted October 09, 2014
My children have been attending STM for years and they love it. My wife and I love it too. It is an exceptional learning environment and the faculty, staff and administration couldn't care more about the students. I have read the comments on bullying and I can say that we have had an issue. I know an issue was raised and contrary to it being ignored, the school instituted a program that was researched and developed with significant parent input and leadership. I would not send my children to any other school in Denver before STM.

Posted October 09, 2014
Just got back from conferences for my three children in second, fourth and seventh grade. I was once again reminded how blessed we are to go to such an amazing school. The teachers are so committed to their students and clearly take pride in their progress. It's impressive what the kids are learning, and although much is expected of them it pays off. I love watching the children grow academically, emotionally and spiritually. Thank you, STM. A job well done!

St Thomas More Parish School 1

Posted August 06, 2014
My child was new to STM in the 6th grade. The welcome wagon ended the day we paid the annual tuition. I have always been an involved parent. I believe there is great value in partnering with the teachers and administration. This is clearly not what STM believes. The same parent volunteers are at (controlling) every event. New ideas are not of interest, if you offer one, you are excluded from future activities. The comments on the bullying are 100% TRUE! This place breeds segregation and exclusivity. I have requested to meet with the Principal on three occasions only to be ignored. The office staff are wonderful but the administration is not held to any standards and is controlled by the small group of parents/donors. This is the most political school I have ever seen. They proudly display a "Blue Ribbon School" banner at their entrance from 2006. Pretty sad they have nothing to show for the PAST 8 YEARS! Our family has moved on, I suggest you do the same.

Posted July 09, 2014
I saw the comments below about our principal and I want to offer a counter-point. Last year, my husband presented a very serious issue to the principal and staff. I can tell you that they handled the issue perfectly and worked with us to find solutions to the issue. I have found that the principal and staff are very loving and dedicated professionals. I am proud to send our children to STM and can tell you that the academics are awesome. The weekly mass is so wonderful and we have really gotten to know other parents. We have found that our common faith and desire to do the best for our children has made our experience at STM absolutely great so far.

St Thomas More Parish School 2

Posted June 27, 2014
K-12 academics is great. PDO sucks and teachers aren't very empathetic The school perpetuates bully

St Thomas More Parish School 1

Posted March 18, 2014
We have two daughters. One attended the school from 3rd - 8th. She received a solid education and was prepared for Regis. However, she did not have a positive experience there. She was shunned by the other students and it was very hard for her, me and my husband to fit into the cliques. Our younger daughter started in kindergarten and was well liked and happy. For the most part the education has been good. However, as the years went on the bulling has got worse and now that she is in middle school it is out of control. There is a group of mean kids that run her grade and everyone is afraid to do or say anything. Now, there are only two groups of kids there, the bullies and the kids that side with them or the victims. Most of the parents aren't willing to say anything probably because they know nothing will be done. As far as a Catholic education well... I think it is obvious. What kind of environment are these children in everyday and what are they really learning about how to treat others and live their lives. The principal is ultimately to blame. She is a disgrace. Because of all this we are pulling our daughter out of STM! Shame on anyone who witnesses this and still stays!!!

St Thomas More Parish School 2

Posted July 25, 2013
I attended this school from 2nd grade until 8th.One thing worth mentioning to any parent considering this school for their child is how extensive the bullying is that goes on there. More disturbing then this, however, was how teachers rarely addressed it. When I attended the school I had a sense even then that appearances had to maintained above all else. Lastly, a huge component to a Catholic education is the fact that you learn Catholicism. With the lack of leadership, from bother parents and teachers, students (myself included) did not have the Catholic example we needed to apply our faith. I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity, as I have grown older, to meet strong, kind, humble Catholic adults and young people, which has allowed me to re-discover my faith.

Posted February 22, 2010
wow...the person that just posted in Jan must live in the land of entitlement. I have three children that attend STM and we've been there for 6 years. The Catholic education was important to us. I believe they are getting a solid education and will be prepared for Regis HS. While there are teachers that have not been my favorite I believe that my children will be better prepared for real life and learn to deal with good and bad teachers. If there is really a problem we have addressed our concerns and on two occasions the teachers have been released. I love the sense of community and the lifelong friends that my children are developing. I find offense to the previous comment and was searching for our parent community and found this so I felt I needed to comment. Thanks :)

St Thomas More Parish School
7071 East Otero Avenue, Centennial, CO  80112
Last modified St Thomas More Parish School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Thomas More Parish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top