Centennial, CO

Posted April 08, 2014
Good school. Superior education to public school. Christian education means strong grounding in morality and religion. Excellent facilities. Could do with more students. In a good, convenient area.

Posted April 07, 2014
We love this pre-school! The teachers are so kind and patient. In the 3-4 year old class, the students have shown amazing growth. Most importantly, they learn to share and be good friends. I also love that they have the perks of a bigger school - the little ones get to go to the library once a week and are escorted to chapel by the second-graders. My daughter just loves that she does what the "big kids" do! It's also a great price, you get so much for your money here!

Posted April 07, 2014
From the moment my daughter and I stumbled upon Shepherd of the Hills in a horrible personal situation (contemplating divorce) we were taken in and surrounded by care. My daughter has received an absolutely stellar education. We have a niece that lives with us going to a Cherry Creek school, and my child's education far surpasses hers. My daughter was so shy when we started and has absolutely blossomed into a confident individual through the tutelage of the staff. They offer sports which has also been a positive experience and pleasant surprise in a small environment. We feel as if we found an oasis in the midst of the city for both education and community.

Posted April 03, 2014
This is in response to a prior review that was negative with respect to the change in principal and the supposed resulting resignations of teachers. We made a conscious decision not to be involved in the politics or know the details . Initially our son was sad that his most loved teachers had left the school and we had concerns as parents that the quality of education would suffer. However, we are pleased that the breadth of curriculum and quality is of education is as excellent as ever and our son is just as happy this year, if not more so, than the previous year. We have observed a subtle but important change in teaching approach and methods with the transition. In the previous year, the teachers tended to abide by the "spare the rod, spoil the child" rule. Our experience has been that our son responds positively to the more compassionate and flexible environment that the new teachers and principal bring to the school.

Shepherd Of The Hills Christian School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
I Love teaching at Shepherd. Great community. Parents are very involved in their child's learning. Staff is AMAZING. Very supportive of each other. Great to see the children with smiles on each and every day. Values are awesome!!!!

Posted April 02, 2014
Warm, friendly environment conducive to learning for children who are more accustom to a smaller environment.

Shepherd Of The Hills Christian School 4

Posted October 30, 2013
I have been highly pleased with the education and teaching staff it Shepherd of the Hills. The teachers and administration care about the families and students enrolled and truly want the best for all children. The new staff have stepped in and done a tremendous job of working with the existing staff to nurture and support the students. While many area schools have been limiting or reducing funding for music, art, PE and foreign language programs, Shepherd has made it a priority to not only continue to fund these programs but also to increase student contact time in art and PE this year. Students consistently score in the top 2% of students nationwide on the Standardized test taken each year. Not only are students that graduate from Shepherd well equipped to handle academic rigor in both public and private schools but are also prepared to be Christian leaders in the communities in which they live. I would encourage everyone looking at options for the fall to visit Shepherd of the hills Christian School.

Posted October 25, 2013
Not only am I staff member of the school, but I have had all three of my kids graduate from Shepherd. We love the family atmosphere around this great campus! Any time my kids visit, they are always welcomed by the faculty and are always asked about how they are doing.

Posted September 10, 2013
The atmosphere at a private school differs significantly from that of a public school. After working in both, the students are taught values and morals as well as accountability while at Shepherd of the Hills. Relationships between students and teachers is a great comfort, as well as trust that this school really exemplifies. My children have learned a great deal about their faith, as well as learning to accept one another while attending this school. The preparedness for standardized tests and achieving high expectations for work, has helped them create new goals for themselves.

Posted September 10, 2013
Love the school, staff, children and parents. Could not be happier!! This is my 2nd year and it has been great

Shepherd Of The Hills Christian School
7691 South University Boulevard, Centennial, CO  80122
Last modified Shepherd Of The Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Shepherd Of The Hills Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top