PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The teacher is always chit-chatting with an adult when the kids start the day, ignoring her students. They didn't start numbers until after spring break. They test the kids on things they have never gone over in class then tell the parent that the kid is behind and may need to repeat the school year. We can barely afford this place but chose it based on its good reviews. I have been sorely disappointed. I have serious anxiety, and I have to be reminded over and over again that I am NOT the one failing my daughter, they are. The student teacher ratio may be low but they still don't get the extra attention that should come with a low ratio. The teacher doesn't see when kids get hit, she doesn't even ask kids to get library books our of their backpacks she just slaps them with a $20 fine! My daughter learns more about the bible than about letters and numbers! This is supposed to be a school not JUST a church! I also don't appreciate finding out from my daughter after school that the teacher wasn't there instead of getting an email from the teacher letting me know. They are not organized well at all. They don't focus on the kids like they should, they are more concerned with what fun each ADULT had over the weekend!

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

My child is in pre-k, there is not much bullying going on. Theye of course tell them to be nice and include everyone.

Good school. Superior education to public school. Christian education means strong grounding in morality and religion. Excellent facilities. Could do with more students. In a good, convenient area.

We love this pre-school! The teachers are so kind and patient. In the 3-4 year old class, the students have shown amazing growth. Most importantly, they learn to share and be good friends. I also love that they have the perks of a bigger school - the little ones get to go to the library once a week and are escorted to chapel by the second-graders. My daughter just loves that she does what the "big kids" do! It's also a great price, you get so much for your money here!

From the moment my daughter and I stumbled upon Shepherd of the Hills in a horrible personal situation (contemplating divorce) we were taken in and surrounded by care. My daughter has received an absolutely stellar education. We have a niece that lives with us going to a Cherry Creek school, and my child's education far surpasses hers. My daughter was so shy when we started and has absolutely blossomed into a confident individual through the tutelage of the staff. They offer sports which has also been a positive experience and pleasant surprise in a small environment. We feel as if we found an oasis in the midst of the city for both education and community.

This is in response to a prior review that was negative with respect to the change in principal and the supposed resulting resignations of teachers. We made a conscious decision not to be involved in the politics or know the details . Initially our son was sad that his most loved teachers had left the school and we had concerns as parents that the quality of education would suffer. However, we are pleased that the breadth of curriculum and quality is of education is as excellent as ever and our son is just as happy this year, if not more so, than the previous year. We have observed a subtle but important change in teaching approach and methods with the transition. In the previous year, the teachers tended to abide by the "spare the rod, spoil the child" rule. Our experience has been that our son responds positively to the more compassionate and flexible environment that the new teachers and principal bring to the school.

I Love teaching at Shepherd. Great community. Parents are very involved in their child's learning. Staff is AMAZING. Very supportive of each other. Great to see the children with smiles on each and every day. Values are awesome!!!!

Warm, friendly environment conducive to learning for children who are more accustom to a smaller environment.

I have been highly pleased with the education and teaching staff it Shepherd of the Hills. The teachers and administration care about the families and students enrolled and truly want the best for all children. The new staff have stepped in and done a tremendous job of working with the existing staff to nurture and support the students. While many area schools have been limiting or reducing funding for music, art, PE and foreign language programs, Shepherd has made it a priority to not only continue to fund these programs but also to increase student contact time in art and PE this year. Students consistently score in the top 2% of students nationwide on the Standardized test taken each year. Not only are students that graduate from Shepherd well equipped to handle academic rigor in both public and private schools but are also prepared to be Christian leaders in the communities in which they live. I would encourage everyone looking at options for the fall to visit Shepherd of the hills Christian School.

Not only am I staff member of the school, but I have had all three of my kids graduate from Shepherd. We love the family atmosphere around this great campus! Any time my kids visit, they are always welcomed by the faculty and are always asked about how they are doing.

Last modified Shepherd Of The Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8