Bad
Good

this is a great school. The smallest elementary school in Cherry Creek so the attention to each student is enhanced. The before/after school programs(SOAR) club is extremely well run and accommodating, to the point where my children are constantly asking to go to SOAR club.

I feel this school is more interested in fund raising than actual learning, high pressure sales. Daycare program needs new leadership.

My son is going there from last 3 years..He moved here in the middle of the school year,but teachers and staffs were so supportive that he didn't have problem adjusting...Pricipal -Mrs. Pirog is very supportive and eager to know parent's suggestions and open to new ideas.PTCO is very strong and that encouraged me to be involved in fund raising events and other activities...Great to see that it scores '10' out of '10' in great school rating now (last year it was 9)

We have been at this awesome school located in a wonderful neighborhood for the past 8 years. The teachers have done an incredible job working with my kids as well as participating in PTCO events. The school is very welcoming and has a strong sense of family. Although the school needs more male teachers, my kids have grown academically and socially at Heritage. My youngest has been on an IEP and has shown incredible progress due to the great staff. The principal leads the school and the teachers educate our kids. I have never had an issue with any staff member. The parent involvement adds another great piece to Heritage. The PTCO board and committee chairs are always strong. One of the smaller school is the Cherry Creek school district, Heritage continues to grow stronger and is definitely a school I would recommend to others. If you live in the surrounding neighborhoods, this is the school for your children. My kids will be in middle school next year but I will continue to support Heritage Elementary for years to come.

We moved here from another Cherry Creek School. We have been here for three years and are very happy with the teachers and the opportunities for development of all levels of students. One of our children is now at Middle School and is doing very well with the preparation she received at Heritage. As a small school, the students, parents and teachers all closely interract. Under the strong leadership of the Principal, we have a team of excellent teachers and a positive learning and social environment. We are very happy that we moved to this school!

My family is new to Heritage this year. We chose to leave another Cherry Creek school and choiced in to the 4th and 5th grade. The leadership and staff at Heritage have surpassed my expectations. The principal is results-oriented and all about the kids. Her level of involvement with the students and staff is superlative. I have interacted with her personally on a number of occasions and I have tremendous appreciation for her commitment to the success and well-being of her students.The 4th and 5th grade teams are outstanding. Heritage has teaching teams in which one teacher specializes in math/science and one specializes in language arts. Since the teachers specialize in their subject areas, they deliver a rich curriculum. My kids are gifted and have different needs. My one child needs accommodation for dyslexia and the staff has supported him in his use of technology to overcome specific obstacles. My other child needs to be challenged academically and she receives quality opportunities to work above grade level. My children are relaxed and happy at Heritage. They feel valued.

I have worked at Heritage for 11 years now and my three children went to school here. The school is wonderful! The teachers, staff, and principal are so invested in the kids. The principal has provided so much staff development to our teachers. A review below says she is unapproachable but I do not feel this is true. She is busy but she makes herself available to anyone who would like to come in. This year we had "Coffee and Conversation with the Principal" in the mornings for parents to come and just chat. We do have some families in the neighborhood go to different schools but we have lots from other schools come here.

My children attend Heritage Elementary (one has moved on) and their education is solid. My oldest child misses elementary school because of the family-like feel. I quote, "The difference between Heritage and middle school is that at Heritage, the teachers knew I existed." My children are highly computer literate as a result of Heritage, and are incredible thinkers.

Some good teachers but this school has some that are not only incompetent but border on abusive in their attitudes. Have had a child get hurt in PE only to be told that "they aren't hurt" which was contrary to my doctor. Have had four kids go through this school and have only come across 5 good teachers.

Heritage is a wonderful blend of caring community and rigorous academics. And by rigor I don't mean worksheet after worksheet ... the teachers craft lessons for the students and then give them large blocks of time to work on authentic, meaningful learning tasks. I love that during reading and writing my kids are reading and writing about subjects they are passionate about and invested in. They are becoming lifelong earners who think deeply and care deeply!

Last modified Heritage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.