Centennial, CO

Posted April 11, 2014
My granddaughter attended Homestead 1st-5th and my daughter and I loved the school as did my granddaughter. The teachers were wonderful, helpful and all seem to love teaching. We went back for fall festivals years after she went on to middle school and helped during the summer science camps. The teachers were always glad to see how the kids had grown and asked about how they were doing. I always enjoyed going there. It is a wonderful school.

Posted December 22, 2013
We have had a very positive experience at Homestead for all three of our children. All three are different learners but all are successful students. Teachers are great, a lot of parent/community support, and principal is very dedicated. Overall, I couldn't ask for a better school for my children.

Posted August 12, 2013
I would like to post a negative comment & not be accused of writing multiple comments. The reviewer below seems to think that her overall positive experience means that no one can hold a negative opinion. That is one of the problems with this school- a "we have to all be the same mentality". People have different opinions and children are different in terms of culture, learning styles, etc. I think the school in general whether it is the teachers, principal or curriculum tends to be geared to one type of child. If your child doesn't fit into that mold, they don't really have alternative teaching approaches. It is quite limited in my opinion. There appears to be an anti-bullying philosophy, but the techniques taught to deal with bullying are completely worthless. There was a big bullying problem at Homestead last year. A portion of last year's 5th grade class had to take special classes on bullying because the problem was so pervasive. I'm sure the parents of the 5th grade kids that were bullied have multiple opinions based on the inadequacy of the school to make every child feel welcome & have a sense of belonging. SHAME ON HOMESTEAD AND THE PARENTS THAT PERPETUATE THE PROBLEM.

Posted July 26, 2013
It is obvious to me that there is one parent that had issues and decided to write multiple negative comments about Homestead. Boy are those negative comments so far from the truth...This is a fantastic school. We interviewed 12 principals before we moved across the country with our children. We are so thankful we found Homestead. Academics is very important; they will advance those kids a full grade level if need be in order to meet their full learning potential. The entire school has math at the same time to make this possible. For parents of kids with needs, the school has been great and detected a learning issue with one of our kids, offered support, services and interventions. The Principal is so nice and is so friendly. She welcomes the kids everyday and is always willing to talk. The parent involvement is also second to none...which can be seen by the numerous name badges as you walk in the school. This is a community school; the neighborhood is also fantastic and one of the best places to live in this area. This is a walk or car ride only school which to me builds that community feel. Honestly, this is a great school and one you would be blessed to find!

Posted June 22, 2013
We love Homestead! The principal is amazing and listens to parents always. The teachers are supportive, caring, and enthusiastic. My children love being Homestead Hawks! We are proud to be part of a high achieving and nurturing school. Pe

Homestead Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2013
I had to take my son out of Homestead because of a bullying situation. The school did next to nothing to help or support him. He is much happier in his new school and actually wants to go to school.

Posted May 28, 2013
BAD SCHOOL, TEACHERS ARE LAZY AND WOULD NOT LIKE TO HELP KIDS IMPROVE.......Sorry to be here!

Posted May 13, 2013
This is a school for snobs proven by the Audi Golf Cart in the parking lot every day. This is NOT the school to open-enroll into, they are all about parental involvement and financial support. They do not care about your child, simply attaining high test scores. The staff is rude, condescending and stuck-up - this is a school for wealthy people and they have no issues shunning out anyone who they believe might not belong. When I was 7 months pregnant & dropping my daughter off, the lady monitoring the door literally shut the door in my face forcing me to walk pregnant all the way around the school and forcing my child to have a tardy on their record. This school is money based and could care less about encouraging or nurturing your child on ANY level. If you saw the movie 'Bad Teacher' it's the prefect example of what motivates Homestead Elementary Faculty - numbers, test scores and cash. When I addressed issues with the principal, she too laughed at me and literally discarded every concern regarding her staff and professionalism.

Posted October 21, 2012
Homestead has exceeded my expectations! The quality of work that comes home is incredible! The homework that they receive is purposeful and the amount is age appropriate. The academics and discipline the students get here is fantastic. The longevity of the teachers and administration is a testimony to the school as well. The communication is so good... we get emails weekly from grade level teams, communication in their weekly folders and a monthly news letter (Homesteader) that is for the entire school. I addition to this, every Friday we get an email that lists all the activities for the upcoming week. This year every family received a calendar with all the years activities already on it! The other awesome thing about Homestead is the parental evolvement. The number of volunteers at this school is incredible! I am so thankful for the experience my kids get to have here and the lifelong friends they have made.

Posted June 20, 2011
Great school. We moved to the US from a different country and were worried about how our daughter in first grade would fit into the school. She has now moved to second grade and she couldn't be happier. The teachers were understanding of our situation and cultural differences. Focus on Reading, writing skills, math and arts. Higher grades have more focus on sports is what I hear from other parents. There is a vibrant parent volunteer community too.

Homestead Elementary School
7451 South Homestead Parkway, Centennial, CO  80112
Last modified Homestead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Homestead Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top