Walnut Hills Community Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Walnut Hills lived up to it's reputation. It was an amazing school that provided a wonderful, nurturing environment for my child. I was really impressed with their dedication to the arts and community without sacrificing a high academic standard. I will miss this school so much.

Posted February 27, 2014
I transferred my two children to Walnut Hills from another school in the Cherry Creek school district almost 3 years ago. Now that I have had enough time to look back and reflect, I can honestly say it was the best decision. Walnut Hills is not only giving my children an excellent education, but an environment filled with warmth and a community atmosphere of togetherness. I truly believe this school is a rare treasure. All my children's teachers have been approachable in every way, and the principle is available and involved when needed. My sixth grader was more than prepared for middle school and is taking advanced classes. My third grader is thriving in all subjects and wants to join every club she can. I would recommend this school to anyone who is unhappy with their home school for any reason.

Posted February 26, 2014
We Choiced into Walnut Hills from another CC School and it was the very best decision we made for our boys. The teachers and staff are all very compassionate and go above and beyond for the kids. Very strong PTCO. My boys were very prepared for Middle School and are excelling in all subjects. For six years, we drove 10 miles one way to be in this school. We would do it all over if we could.

Walnut Hills Community Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2013
Wish I could give 5 stars, and I would have last year. I wish there had been other choices for Kindergarten teacher. This teacher comes across very short with parents and grumpy with kids. Hoping we get an awesome 1st grade teacher like we are used to from this school! Otherwise this school is terrific. (Mostly) great teachers, great support staff, great PTCO. My other child is flourishing.

Walnut Hills Community Elementary School 3

Posted February 28, 2013
Not happy at all with my son's Kindergarten experience, moving to another school. Teachers don't work with children based on individuality

Posted August 12, 2012
This is an excellent school. I love the teachers that my daughter has had so far. We moved to this neighborhood so we could be in this schools "home school" range. A downside to the school; this is kind of a wealthier neighborhood, and this school seems to expect every family to be wealthy. It seems like they are wanting money for something or another every month. Not that it is "required" but way to make your kid feel left out when you can't afford to do all these things that their friends are getting to do. Other than that, we love this school.

Posted April 27, 2012
Walnut Hills is an absolutely wonderful school. The children are respected and treated as individuals. We have had an amazing experience here. Our children are taught to love to learn. There is community involvement and parent interaction as well as field trips and creative learning styles. It is a terrific school.

Posted April 26, 2012
We have never felt so welcomed in a school environment quite like this! We adore every single teacher in that school. Our daughter thrives and looks forward to going to school every day! We love Walnut Hills so much we decided to buy a home in the community to raise our daughter and future children!

Posted April 05, 2012
We could not be more thrilled with Walnut Hills--we love it! The teachers are outstanding. I love that the art and music programs are so strong. The office staff, teachers and support staff were all incredibly welcoming. Your child will really be valued as an individual here--my children have really blossomed in this supportive environment. Really can't say enough about it--so grateful that my children go to this wonderful school!

Walnut Hills Community Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2011
Our son has been in the school for the last 4 years. Over this time, I have seen the school trending downwards rather than upwards. We have noticed that the office has become catty over the years. In addition, many of the really great teachers are moving on (mostly retirement, but some have simply moved to a different school). Basically, a lot of politics is starting entering into the school. Sad. It is not a bad school, but I think that it is no longer a GREAT school either. Average to just above average. I am also guessing that CSAPs this year will be done. Again.

Walnut Hills Community Elementary School
8195 East Costilla Blvd, Centennial, CO  80112
Last modified Walnut Hills Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Hills Community Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top