Bad
Good

We love Walnut Hills. My children love coming to school every single day. The community is also very involved with lots of opportunities for parents/family to volunteer. I have seen both my kids blossom since moving to Walnut Hills. It really is a great school.

Warm, loving teachers and an incredible community. My son has been very happy at this school.

Walnut Hills lived up to it's reputation. It was an amazing school that provided a wonderful, nurturing environment for my child. I was really impressed with their dedication to the arts and community without sacrificing a high academic standard. I will miss this school so much.

I transferred my two children to Walnut Hills from another school in the Cherry Creek school district almost 3 years ago. Now that I have had enough time to look back and reflect, I can honestly say it was the best decision. Walnut Hills is not only giving my children an excellent education, but an environment filled with warmth and a community atmosphere of togetherness. I truly believe this school is a rare treasure. All my children's teachers have been approachable in every way, and the principle is available and involved when needed. My sixth grader was more than prepared for middle school and is taking advanced classes. My third grader is thriving in all subjects and wants to join every club she can. I would recommend this school to anyone who is unhappy with their home school for any reason.

We Choiced into Walnut Hills from another CC School and it was the very best decision we made for our boys. The teachers and staff are all very compassionate and go above and beyond for the kids. Very strong PTCO. My boys were very prepared for Middle School and are excelling in all subjects. For six years, we drove 10 miles one way to be in this school. We would do it all over if we could.

Wish I could give 5 stars, and I would have last year. I wish there had been other choices for Kindergarten teacher. This teacher comes across very short with parents and grumpy with kids. Hoping we get an awesome 1st grade teacher like we are used to from this school! Otherwise this school is terrific. (Mostly) great teachers, great support staff, great PTCO. My other child is flourishing.

Not happy at all with my son's Kindergarten experience, moving to another school. Teachers don't work with children based on individuality

This is an excellent school. I love the teachers that my daughter has had so far. We moved to this neighborhood so we could be in this schools "home school" range. A downside to the school; this is kind of a wealthier neighborhood, and this school seems to expect every family to be wealthy. It seems like they are wanting money for something or another every month. Not that it is "required" but way to make your kid feel left out when you can't afford to do all these things that their friends are getting to do. Other than that, we love this school.

Walnut Hills is an absolutely wonderful school. The children are respected and treated as individuals. We have had an amazing experience here. Our children are taught to love to learn. There is community involvement and parent interaction as well as field trips and creative learning styles. It is a terrific school.

We have never felt so welcomed in a school environment quite like this! We adore every single teacher in that school. Our daughter thrives and looks forward to going to school every day! We love Walnut Hills so much we decided to buy a home in the community to raise our daughter and future children!

Last modified Walnut Hills Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.