Bad
Good

We moved here, at the beginning of this school year, and we've had a wonderful experience with the staff and with the teachers. The REFLEX math program, the investment in RAZ-kids, for readers in the 3rd grade (to promote reading), the clubs, with their focus on improving the quality of the educational experience, not to mention the caring staff, make this school excellent.

Willow creek is wonderful. Lots of resources for kids. Principal is amazing! Only reason I dodnt give a 5 is because of the art teacher. I have 2 children that have attended WC for 4 and 3 years and both complain that the art teacher talks all class and then they only have 5-10 minutes left before class is over. An art teacher should be energetic and fun and she takes all the fun out if this class. Other than the art teacher needing to be replaced willow creek is awesome!

Willow creek is a great school! No bullying that we've seen or heard. Principle is beyond nice. Teachers are great. Only downside in the 4 years we've seen is the art teacher is not fun! She is extremely strict and in a class where kids are suppose to be creative and have a good time she makes it pretty unpleasant to enjoy what should be a favorite class. Also the playground women that watch the kids during recess are so harsh sometimes.but overall its a wonderful school and so glad we live here in this amazing neighborhood.

Incredible INVOLVED principal. Outstanding teachers. Best arts-culture program in the district!!! Parents are passionate and excited about the school.

We are new to this school and we love it! My child's kindergarten teacher is friendly, kind and patient. She really gets to know the students on an individual basis. I'm so glad we chose to move to this area. The school is totally worth it!

The teachers are very well trained and always put the children first! I find them very responsive to me and open to my questions.

We absolutely love this school. We are in district, but this is not our home elementary so we enrolled through Colorado "School of Choice" options. We investigated nearly all of the elementaries before we chose this one. This school encourages parental involvement - many of the lower grades have at least one (and sometimes two) parent volunteers (for about an hour each day). The teachers treat the kids with respect, and they get respect in return. The older kids are supportive of the little kids - my 1st graders report several 5th grade "friends". I have one average child and one advanced child. Both childrens needs are met in the classroom, and I feel like both kids are challenged appropriately.

Willow Creek is as great as you want it to be. It could be better if the traffic flow at morning and afternoon pickup was less chaotic and intimidating. (The streets and fire lane are not designed for discharging and picking up passengers while double parked. Pedestrians should cross at the crosswalks - they're staffed!) The library, gym and other facilities are awesome- esp since th ebig remodel. The teaching staff are great - an excellent balance of newer teachers and been here forever teachers. G&T feels a little stale and set in it's ways. Also too easy for parents to push their kids in. The neighborhood is awesome and having the school in the community is great.

This school is the worst school my son has been through. The teachers are not friendly and knowledgeable. And sometimes you can feel that some of them even do not like kids. What I can say is that this place is a nightmare to children.

My husband's and my favorite part about AA is the flexible grouping system. Students are tested all year long to gauge their current ability levels and to identify learning gaps. For example, my son, an early reader and a quick student, had fallen behind this last year in comprehension skills. Instead of keeping him in the advanced group, he was moved to the standard group for more support. He's getting the attention he needs at the level he needs right now, and he's doing great. Maybe next year he'll be in advanced again, maybe not, but he's being taught according to his NEEDS. How many schools can say they identify and then address and accommodate each student at that level of detail? Not many I imagine. We are thrilled by the school's determination and ability to make "challenging each student at their level" a priority and a possibility.

Last modified Willow Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.