Peakview Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2014
Not a bad school but the Principal is condescending and obnoxious. If your child is an average learner its a great place to be but if you need help or support with an above or below learner forget this school. Teachers are great but with an unsupportive principal it doesn't carry that much weight.

Posted April 06, 2014
Wonderful school filled with solid caring teachers! Every teacher my child has had over the years has been very responsive to her needs. So happy my child is here at Peakview! They have many great opportunities for children such as Girls Math, Choir, Robotics Club, Spanish classes, intermurals, and Student Council.

Peakview Elementary School 2

Posted February 19, 2014
While I'm not sure if the below comment is completely accurate, we too are disappointed to say the least in Peakview. Sure, the TCAP scores are high but I cant help but feel that that is all they work for. I feel like my children are being drilled this information instead of actually learning it. Its tons and tons of workbooks and memorization. I understand this is a public school but cant we do any better then that for our kids? I know mine don't retain half of what they learned all year once it comes summer time.

Peakview Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2014
Worst school we have been too. We love the teachers, but they are not given the resources they need. My son and daughter were advanced last year in all areas and now the teachers don't have the ability or material to differentiate for then and they have become bored of school and fallen behind! This school really tried hard to change their horrible image and now that they have received the governors award for improvement they have stopped trying. I haven't even met the principal, which seems very strange to me. I think we will be open enrolling somewhere else next year!

Peakview Elementary School 1

Posted October 13, 2013
We cannot wait until the winter break to take our children out of this school. The community is not welcoming and very judgmental for not being a very "well-off" neighborhood. People are rude and they teach their children the same behavior. Lots of parent AND student bullying. Not worth dealing with when the academic performance is that great and the feeder high school only graduates 65% of its students. My children were all advanced when they came here and so they stopped testing them and now they are falling behind!

Posted October 06, 2013
Peakview is strong school, with good teams of teachers at each grade level. have found strong partners in the teachers we've worked with (I have 3 children in the school), helping us deal with the individual needs of each child as they pop up. There is a strong sense of community -- parents are welcome to be in the school, volunteer in the classroom, etc. Older siblings often jump at the chance to come back and volunteer at fun events. The rare times I've been frustrated, I have been able to meet with teachers and administrators to resolve my questions.

Posted September 30, 2013
Peakview is a great place to learn! The tone is set with an outstanding principal, and high standards for staff and students. This diverse school uses solid, best practices to achieve high results. Students and families feel welcome and valued. Our student is open-enrolled at Peakview, and the drive is well worth it!

Posted February 29, 2012
I have 2 children at Peakview. Both my husband and I couldn't be happier with the teachers that we have had so far. The staff is amazing-the love they have for the children shines through. Both of our children are happy and excelling in the classroom!

Peakview Elementary School 3

Posted January 23, 2011
My family was very disappointed with the quality of education my son received, so we transferred him to a charter school. When he started at Peakview, he was ahead of most of his kindergarten class. Our big letdown came at parent-teacher conferences. We were told that when he was tested at the beginning of the school year, he had met all goals so he wasn't retested. How can you measure progress, then? We feel he was pushed aside until the majority of the class was on the same level and he ended up losing some of his advantage. I loved the school, but feel his teacher was lazy.

Posted September 05, 2008

Peakview Elementary School
19451 East Progress Circle, Centennial, CO  80015
Last modified Peakview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peakview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top