Posted January 23, 2014
I can't remember if I was speaking with the front office at the county jail or the DMV this morning! Oh, that's right....I was at CHVE because jail and the DMV are much nicer to children and parents. I have had three children in CHVE (one currently) so I am all too familiar with this group of "mean girls". Don't get me wrong, they are nice to the families who are generous with their donations. One of the "Helpful Hints" on this sites says to suggest how our school can improve. Simple! Just be nice and respectful to children and parents. Or, maybe and anger management class...

Posted January 12, 2014
I have children at CHVE and it is a FANTASTIC school. We were at another private school locally which tended to coddle and muddle the truth regarding our child's academic progress. In this school you do not have to get a private tutor (as opposed to that OTHER school) : there are enough teachers and PARA's that allow kids to get the attention they need, be it more help, or, a push. Admittedly, it is a school in a bubble due to the high socio-economic strata of this area. We pay for it in property taxes and in home costs. However, the teachers are kind and competent and there are plenty of parents who are GROUNDED. If you want the best for your kids then you will be involved, in an honest way, in their education. In short, this has all the resources that a parent could want in a loving environment. CHVE is a great way to prepare kids for the real world. As far as the office staff and principal, they certainly have unenviable jobs. They are doing the best they can to put everyone on an equal playing field.

Cherry Hills Village Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2013
I am a parent at this school. I continue to have mixed emotions about it. Academically, this may be the best public school education I could get in the Denver area. Teachers are amazing, caring, and experienced. The amount of parent funding is downright shocking and allows for many extras- most importantly a better ratio!! 20 to 1 plus a para teacher in the room is wonderful. We were even offered reading support 4 days a week (from a Master s level reading specialist) for my daughter who is barely struggling! The negatives at the school that I am left with are these: First off, the front office staff needs to get a lesson in kindness and warmth. I do everything I can do avoid these ladies as they are just plain rude and mean. As for the principle, she herself appears to be outwardly kind but at the same time exudes a snotty snotty snotty fake attitude. Perhaps that works for some parents (many of whom are snotty themselves) but it doesn t work for me. Children very quickly assess attitude and there needs to be GENUINE kindness flowing from the top down. That being said I ignore the snotty office staff /parents as its hard to turn down such an amazing education.

Posted April 11, 2013
The office staff is incredibly rude to both parents and children. While the principal preaches a no bulling policy she does little to discipline the bullies. I do not want my children to learn that this attitude is "OK". If I had to do it over again I would send my children to Greenwood Village Elementary or Saint Mary's.

Posted February 04, 2013
Fantastic teachers and staff! excellent academics! great variety of special subjects each afternoon, and the year one class my child is in only has 19 students, so the teacher has really been able to connect and work with my child in a thoughtful and relaxed manner. We love it at CHVE! The school also has a very strong PTCO, so fundraising is well organized , totally transparent, very successful and there is no pressure to participate, if you do not want to in a particular year. ( this is very different to the private school experience we had in the local area ). The school community is large enough to allow all families the freedoms to do what they can, when they can. We highly recommend CHVE.

Posted August 22, 2012
My child is a 1st grader at CHVE. We absolutely love the school. The teachers are caring. The principal is amazing and very involved. The class sizes are small. 20 kids in 1st grade with a para professional in the classroom as well. Lot's of great specials like gym, science, music, art, computers. 2nd languages are offered as well. I found the other parents to be very nice and very involved. There is a lot of fundraising which helps suport the school and a lot of involvement by the parents in classrooms, cafeteria, library etc. I am very happy that we chose this school for our kids.

Cherry Hills Village Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2012
This is our first year at CHVE so in comparing it to previous schools our children attended, we could clearly see the pros/cons. I found the school itself to be on target with their teaching. The teacher was professional and responsive, the school provided resources when our child needed help, and the principal did an excellent job of communicating to set a vision for the school. Parent were very involved and generously provided financial resources or materials when requested. However, I can see the drawbacks that other reviewers mentioned. There are parents who see CHVE as an extension of high school---as in their high school days, and they do care about where you live. This is true for EVERY school. Those parents are easy enough to avoid and you will find parents who's greatest concern is their child. I personally enjoyed the school events and appreciate that not all of them were just for the kids. If the snotty parents and kids bother you well...that's life, and it provides a great backdrop to teach your own kids about what is meaningful and about the disparities in the world. Focus on the academics and opportunities and you'll see what a great elementary this is.

Cherry Hills Village Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2012
I had my child here for 2 years...Kinder and 1st and the education that the children get is top notch. However, the parents make it unplesant for the new comers that aren't millionaires. They are rude, dismissive and like the other poster mentioned, pretentious. My daughter misses her teacher and some of the children in the class but I am so happy to be out of that sort of snobbish community. Too many of the school events had alcohol and even at some of the birthday parties the parents were drinking, which I found completely inappropriate. If you're into that sort of social thing, then this school is for you. But if you want a more wholesome community of people that don't want their children to be jaded by this liestyle then ths is NOT the school for you.

Cherry Hills Village Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2012
Office staff is amongst the rudest, most pretentious , elitist I have ever seen...unless you are wealthy, and then they are very friendly. The new principal this year shares in this behavior to some extent. Very cold and intolerant if you disagree with something. Teachers I have had mixed experience with. Kindergarten was quite good, very professional and thorough. First grade, this teacher I believe to be lazy and skittish. My child had some reading struggles and the reading specialists and team is very friendly and bubbly. I believe they are very capable. There is a ton of parent involvement, and as so many of the parents/mothers don't have to work, they are able to participate, and to their credit they do. It is very much a social club though, and if you are not of their ilk, people will barely speak to you. Apparently they mistake money for class, and judging by the cliqishness and elitism that leads to such rudeness, I have scarcely seen such low class behavior. The before and after school program is under funded, because MOST people there don't need the program. It is this kind of intolerance for "outsiders" that is truly shameful.

Posted March 08, 2012
The experience my daughter had there was horrible, bullying by other girls. Teachers who don't care, office employees who are rude. If you have money, of course they are going to be nice to you. I pulled her out before she was even there for a year. She was sent to a private school where she excelled.

Cherry Hills Village Elementary School
2400 East Quincy Ave, Cherry Hills Village, CO  80110
Last modified Cherry Hills Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherry Hills Village Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.