Bad
Good

This school deserves the rating of "2" that it gets. The only reason I kept my child in this school in the 2nd grade is because we are moving at the end of the school year and don't want her 2 years in a row. I tried for months last year to be a room mother, school volunteer and forget PTA. I received the run around to the point I finally contacted the Principal with a polite detailed message and she never returned my call. I was told I was the only parent to offer to be room mother in the 8 years the teacher had been in that school. Three parent in PTA, what are group kidding?? Now I understand why! The last 2 teachers she had were nice and professional however the Principal and the man in charge of enlisting parents to volunteer at the school should be replaced! how that man got and retains his job is of great. I could go on and on........

This school is horrible. They like to refer to students by a number instead of their name. Teachers seem lazy and rude, and are not afraid to yell at parents. After only a month, I am debating a transfer or online school for my son who used to love school before starting at this one. If you want your kids to learn to hate school, this is the one to send them to. The principle likes to talk to parents as though they are students. Overall, this is the worst school I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with and plan on moving out of their district as soon as possible. Volunteering at the school is also a nightmare, and they will assign a parent to whatever class they want instead of the class their child is in.

My children where happy and content and learning well at Rocky Mountain in the 2011 and 2012 school year. We did move how ever and since they have been at a different school. My children love school there, and have begged me to move so we can go back to Rocky Mountain they really do not like their new school and miss the wonderful atmosphere at Rocky Mountain. My children have learning disabilities and have been mistreated at their new School by the staff even more then the students and so has our family. To be honest I miss Rocky Mountain myself. There staff and teachers care and focus more on the child as an individual child then as a number for test scores. Do not get me wrong I know the test scores judge how well a student is learning the material, but there is more to life then just being a high number learner and a test score. Some people learn more from life and experiences then they ever will from a test.

I have been impressed by the caring attitude of the teachers and staff here. My grandson has progressed by leaps and bounds under the tutelage of his very capable teacher. Thank you Mrs. K.

Great learning enviroment and great teachers

Parent Involvement at this school is at a all time low. I do not see them attempting to get anymore involvement either. Teachers are so new they are not preparing our kids for middle school. Our kids are still doing poorly on tests and helping the kids with the tests by reading to them or doing their writing for them. Which in my book does not give a accurate measure of your child progress. Teachers leave right when the bell rings or are in meeting in the afternoon, very few offering afterschool help for the kids.

Last modified Rocky Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.