Clifton, CO

Posted October 08, 2013
This school deserves the rating of "2" that it gets. The only reason I kept my child in this school in the 2nd grade is because we are moving at the end of the school year and don't want her 2 years in a row. I tried for months last year to be a room mother, school volunteer and forget PTA. I received the run around to the point I finally contacted the Principal with a polite detailed message and she never returned my call. I was told I was the only parent to offer to be room mother in the 8 years the teacher had been in that school. Three parent in PTA, what are group kidding?? Now I understand why! The last 2 teachers she had were nice and professional however the Principal and the man in charge of enlisting parents to volunteer at the school should be replaced! how that man got and retains his job is of great. I could go on and on........

Posted September 20, 2013
This school is horrible. They like to refer to students by a number instead of their name. Teachers seem lazy and rude, and are not afraid to yell at parents. After only a month, I am debating a transfer or online school for my son who used to love school before starting at this one. If you want your kids to learn to hate school, this is the one to send them to. The principle likes to talk to parents as though they are students. Overall, this is the worst school I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with and plan on moving out of their district as soon as possible. Volunteering at the school is also a nightmare, and they will assign a parent to whatever class they want instead of the class their child is in.

Posted May 07, 2013
My children where happy and content and learning well at Rocky Mountain in the 2011 and 2012 school year. We did move how ever and since they have been at a different school. My children love school there, and have begged me to move so we can go back to Rocky Mountain they really do not like their new school and miss the wonderful atmosphere at Rocky Mountain. My children have learning disabilities and have been mistreated at their new School by the staff even more then the students and so has our family. To be honest I miss Rocky Mountain myself. There staff and teachers care and focus more on the child as an individual child then as a number for test scores. Do not get me wrong I know the test scores judge how well a student is learning the material, but there is more to life then just being a high number learner and a test score. Some people learn more from life and experiences then they ever will from a test.

Posted April 14, 2011
I have been impressed by the caring attitude of the teachers and staff here. My grandson has progressed by leaps and bounds under the tutelage of his very capable teacher. Thank you Mrs. K.

Rocky Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2010
Great learning enviroment and great teachers

Posted October 04, 2006
Parent Involvement at this school is at a all time low. I do not see them attempting to get anymore involvement either. Teachers are so new they are not preparing our kids for middle school. Our kids are still doing poorly on tests and helping the kids with the tests by reading to them or doing their writing for them. Which in my book does not give a accurate measure of your child progress. Teachers leave right when the bell rings or are in meeting in the afternoon, very few offering afterschool help for the kids.

Posted May 10, 2006
I am very disapointed in this school. The staff in general do not care about teaching the children the values of good morels and helping solve problems. I think this school and its staff is a waste of tax payer money and I truely feel sorry for the children that have to attend this school. The principal is the worst I have ever seen! I cant belive he is still employed.

Posted April 12, 2006
This school is great! I believe it has more caring teachers in it than most others in our area. The whole staff goes the extra mile to help out, they are truly concerned for the childrens education and overall well being. They are really great about keeping parents informed and encourage parent involvement. Would recommend this school to anyone!

Rocky Mountain Elementary School 3

Posted August 14, 2005
RME is pretty good school. Some of the teachers are new to teaching. More than half of the teachers have been teaching for quite a few years. They are working hard to teach our children. They give above and beyond what is required of them. The volunteer at PTO functions and give their time to any and all student who want and need it. The majority of the teachers do not want parent involvement in the classroom. PTO is open and wanting parent involvement in the overall school. It is a tough battle, but the more you are involved in your children's education the better education they will get.

Rocky Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2005
We had a wonderful experience at RM. The teachers and staff were always wonderful and helpful at all times. Its a beautifully equiped school amongst great scenery. Highly recomended.

Rocky Mountain Elementary School
3260 D1/2 Rd, Clifton, CO  81520
Last modified Rocky Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky Mountain Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top