Colorado Springs, CO

Rockrimmon Elementary School
Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted September 01, 2015
Homework amount, depends on the teacher that your child has. We have had one that gave more than I would hope, and one that was just right.

Posted September 01, 2015
My kids have attended 3 different elementary schools. I have never seen teachers that care as much about kids and challenging them at all levels that they are at. The teachers care about the child as a whole and not just academic performance. I couldn't have anything more positive to say about this school!!!

Posted May 07, 2015
One of the worst schools my child has ever attended. I've seen a few great teachers and some horrible. The principle is not qualified to run a school and don't get me started on the counselor. I volunteer one to two days a week. I saw student's struggling when helping with centers. I told the teacher that those children needed extra help and she said she would look into, she never did. I brought it up again that there were a few every week that didn't understand the lesson. The teacher just sent home more homework for those kids. It is so sad to see how a few of these teachers could careless! I'm glad to be there myself to see, but I feel for the parents that are dealing with the kids that don't understand. The teacher teaches once and that is it. I wish I could get their contact info, I would let everyone know why their child is falling behind.

Rockrimmon Elementary School 2

Posted January 16, 2015
I'm going to start off on a positive note. The parents really do a lot, to make this school better for the children. I've been at this school for three years. This year, I have seen a big change. A lot of people have negative things to say about some of the teachers and principal. The first two years we loved this school. Our teachers were great. Thoughtful and you could tell they really cared, and liked being a teacher. This year we got a teacher, that doesn't put much effort into teaching the kids the lessons. She also stricks me as a person that doesn't like her job anymore. I've made several complaints along with other parents. I've made them to the principal, as well. I keep getting the same old thing, "our school is wonderful, our teachers are the best." She is just so proud of them! I agree,there are some terrific teachers. But there are also some that need to retire or be fired.I find myself at night, teaching my child how to do math and spelling. I will no longer be here next year, as my children will all be Iin middle school. I hope the new principal, will do a better job. Not only listening to parents, but making sure the teachers are doing their job.

Posted January 08, 2015
Great school,and teachers. Great IB school too! We love this school. Our child is thriving here and we feel very happy and non stressed about our decision to choice our child in.

Posted November 21, 2014
Rockrimmon Elementary is a fantastic school. The teachers are great and the principal really cares. The school is safe and small. The school website offers all the communication and dates, which is good because there are tons of thighs going on at the school on a weekly basis. There are many clubs before and after school, and the IB program offers many opportunities for the children to participate. The PTO offers help for children who need help paying for field trips or needed supplies. As for the parent who complained about the Keurig coffee machine in the teachers lounge, the teacher's pay for their own coffee. If you choose this school, your child will not slip through the cracks because the teachers track the progress of each student on a weekly basis. I have had no problems communicating with my child 's teacher throughout the years at Rockrimmon. my child has had some issues and the teachers, counselor, and principal were very supportive. Rockrimmon is a great school!

Posted November 04, 2014
In regards to Common Core. The whole state of Colorado is Common Core. In regards to the Keriug Coffee the teachers pay for that.

Posted November 02, 2014
I am going to agree with some of the other parents on here. There is a huge lack of communication at this school. The teachers are not telling parents about the things going on at school. I have to call on a weekly basis to ask about test scores. I don't think this is something a parent should have to do. I have spoken with the principal about this, and she doesn't see any problems with her school or teachers. I will also say, there is a lot of paying for supplies at this school,as well. I don't mind helping with my child, but somethings like printer paper, staplers, and red grading pens should be the districts part. Something else I didn't take into account, is the school is Common Core. It seems like the teachers themselves have issues with understanding it themselves, let alone telling my child how to do it. Over all, I don't think we will be back next year. I'm checking into another district.

Posted October 24, 2014
I am so sorry the previous poster had such a bad experience with the school. It is always discouraging when you don't feel that your kids are getting what they need. Gratefully, we have had an awesome experience at Rockrimmon Elementary! This is our second year at the school and the teachers have gone above and beyond to meet our children's needs. I am amazed at the high level of learning and the deep commitment of the teachers we have met. The principal creates a warm and caring environment and there are many opportunities for extra activates. We love IB and the school seems to avoid letting testing get in the way of learning. They partner with the parents in our kids learning. My kids love going to school each day!

Posted October 23, 2014
This school is not what it seems. From the outside it looks quaint, but it's a bunch of teachers half butting their way through the day. A principal that doesn't seem to care. I've spent over $500 donating to this school for supplies for my child. Pto keeps hounding everyone for more money. An I've seen a KERIUG coffee machine with a cupboard full of the cups. So much time is spent on hounding the kids about Rise, when maybe the teachers and principal should reacquaint themselves with the meaning!! I've pulled my two girls out and switched to a new school. I will say, I've talked to a good many people and it looks like this school is on a down hill slide. I'm so glad we caught this when we did.

Rockrimmon Elementary School
194 West Mikado Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80919
Last modified Rockrimmon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rockrimmon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top