Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My granddaughter attends this school. She had has a very good teacher in Ms. Coulihan. I like the school and her teacher and I'm impressed with many things I have seen and the care and attention the staff dedicates to students. I am appalled at some of the comments that several ignoramus parents leave here. No public school has either the finances nor available resources to give 100% attention to just one child. NO they do not have the luxury of time to send daily reports or test scores. Teachers work very, very hard and "some" incredibly naive or flat out ignorant people/parents have unrealistic lofty expectations. Try remembering that parents are the first, the fundamental and the ongoing teachers of their own child. Btw, I am a very well educated and retired schoolteacher and my children did not attend the very best schools. They did not have exceptionally great teachers but the teachers were good and they tried the best they could My children went on to get either a master's degree or Ph.D. They did so because of caring teachers and especially my wife and I , as parents supported public education did not denigrate the teachers. Try owning some of the responsibility of educating your child. Choose to be pro-active instead of reactive. You can be part of the problem or part of the solution. Rockrimmon Elementary School is great.I am retired and I was both h.s. school, elementary teacher and college instructor. I know public education and I know about sub par parenting. Respectfully, M. Garcia

Amount of homework: Neutral

I am a grandparent and do not have as much information.

My kids switched to this school from another neighborhood school a couple years ago. We could not be happier! The kids have had excellent teachers that go above and beyond! There is a feeling of community in the school from the moment you walk in with the kind office staff. There is also a new principal that is warm and welcoming!

Amount of homework: no rating

Homework amount, depends on the teacher that your child has. We have had one that gave more than I would hope, and one that was just right.

My kids have attended 3 different elementary schools. I have never seen teachers that care as much about kids and challenging them at all levels that they are at. The teachers care about the child as a whole and not just academic performance. I couldn't have anything more positive to say about this school!!!

One of the worst schools my child has ever attended. I've seen a few great teachers and some horrible. The principle is not qualified to run a school and don't get me started on the counselor. I volunteer one to two days a week. I saw student's struggling when helping with centers. I told the teacher that those children needed extra help and she said she would look into, she never did. I brought it up again that there were a few every week that didn't understand the lesson. The teacher just sent home more homework for those kids. It is so sad to see how a few of these teachers could careless! I'm glad to be there myself to see, but I feel for the parents that are dealing with the kids that don't understand. The teacher teaches once and that is it. I wish I could get their contact info, I would let everyone know why their child is falling behind.

I'm going to start off on a positive note. The parents really do a lot, to make this school better for the children. I've been at this school for three years. This year, I have seen a big change. A lot of people have negative things to say about some of the teachers and principal. The first two years we loved this school. Our teachers were great. Thoughtful and you could tell they really cared, and liked being a teacher. This year we got a teacher, that doesn't put much effort into teaching the kids the lessons. She also stricks me as a person that doesn't like her job anymore. I've made several complaints along with other parents. I've made them to the principal, as well. I keep getting the same old thing, "our school is wonderful, our teachers are the best." She is just so proud of them! I agree,there are some terrific teachers. But there are also some that need to retire or be fired.I find myself at night, teaching my child how to do math and spelling. I will no longer be here next year, as my children will all be Iin middle school. I hope the new principal, will do a better job. Not only listening to parents, but making sure the teachers are doing their job.

Great school,and teachers. Great IB school too! We love this school. Our child is thriving here and we feel very happy and non stressed about our decision to choice our child in.

Rockrimmon Elementary is a fantastic school. The teachers are great and the principal really cares. The school is safe and small. The school website offers all the communication and dates, which is good because there are tons of thighs going on at the school on a weekly basis. There are many clubs before and after school, and the IB program offers many opportunities for the children to participate. The PTO offers help for children who need help paying for field trips or needed supplies. As for the parent who complained about the Keurig coffee machine in the teachers lounge, the teacher's pay for their own coffee. If you choose this school, your child will not slip through the cracks because the teachers track the progress of each student on a weekly basis. I have had no problems communicating with my child 's teacher throughout the years at Rockrimmon. my child has had some issues and the teachers, counselor, and principal were very supportive. Rockrimmon is a great school!

In regards to Common Core. The whole state of Colorado is Common Core. In regards to the Keriug Coffee the teachers pay for that.

Last modified Rockrimmon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.