Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We are a military family and moved here this summer. I was nervous for my son as he has an IEP and this would be his first time changing schools. However, Woodmen Roberts has exceeded my expectations! His teacher has been able to accommodate many of his IEP requirements within the classroom so he spends less time in pullout services. I was nervous how he would be treated by the other kids due to his delays, but his classmates have been very accepting and he is making new friends. Woodmen Roberts really strives to create a positive environment for its students, and thanks to their efforts, my son's transition to his new school has been a success.

This school is run by mean girls who grew up to be mean moms. The academics are average. Look up the state tests. They don't shine in any area. They fully embrace the IB "attitude" which if you think that's the cat's meow, you'll agree. However, the IB "attitude" is NOT one of inclusion. If you are a new transfer to this school, you WILL be excluded from everything social. We have more than one child in this school and we moved from another school in another state. In two school years, our children have been invited to 1 party and no informal social get-togethers. I've invited kids time after time after time to birthday parties and playing at the park or our house and every time I'm told "no". It's not that they don't have parties, they do. But, they ONLY invite certain kids and your kid gets to hear about it and come home in tears. And the tears when no one comes to their party. Lots of tears. It was not like this at our other school which was very inclusive and my kids were constantly invited to things. The school is moving toward a more tech approach to teaching (more time on computers). One of our kids tests above-grade. Instead of having more instruction from his teacher, he gets an iPad handed to him. If I'm going to have my kids taught by an iPad, why do I send them to school? The answer was for socialization. However, at this school, unless the mean moms accept your kid, there is no socialization. One of my kids constantly talked about another kid in class. I asked that mom if we could get to the kids together. Not only did she tersely tell me no, the next day her kid told my kid they weren't allowed to be friends because he already had "too many". Yes, you read that right. A mother told her kid not to play with another kid at school because the other kid was new. The school pretends to like new comers. They even have a "welcome committee". Hahaha! And, the new principal (in her second year) tries to include everyone. However, she seems to be a puppet to the interests of a select, very vocal, few parents who have a knack for demanding things and getting their demands met. And guess who those parents are...the mean moms. This will be our last year at Woodmen-Roberts. It will be a pain to drive our kids to another school out of our neighborhood but given that they have no friends, I don't think they are going to miss the school at all.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

In the past, we've been happy with the quality of the teachers within the constraints they are given with the IB curriculum and the D20 requirements. However, with the new technology initiative, the teachers will be hardly teaching. So, if you want your kid taught by an iPad, this is the school for you. If you want your kid taught by a person, go somewhere else.

Excellent. Very attentive to students and parents. Our son enjoys this school. We chose to live here because of this school.

My son only went there for 5th grade but we were very happy. The class sizes are small and the teacher and administration met with us to offer help, support and suggestions when my son was struggling.

My child attends Woodmen Roberts and we have had nothing but problems with the staff. I have two other children at two additional D-20 schools and haven't had a problem with either of the schools. If you have a special needs child, run don't walk away from this school. I wanted to give this school zero stars, but it made me choose a minimum of one. Horrible, horrible horrible.

Last modified Woodmen-Roberts Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.