Posted September 27, 2012
Kilmer is a small, student centered school with many opportunities for students to grow both during and before/after school hours. The community is welcoming to new families and has a wonderful special needs program. Both of my children have been there since preschool and are extremely happy. I love the parent and community involvement and find that this support is what helps the school rise above others. The teachers are well educated and truly care about all students.

Ray E Kilmer Elementary School 3

Posted January 23, 2011
This school is listed as 14 per FTE...but this is not to be confused with class size...there are 25 to 26 per teacher in a class.

Posted January 19, 2011
Kilmer has undergone many changes over the past several years but has managed not skipping a beat in maintaining the focus of educating the whole child . Teachers are highly educated as well as creative when it comes to customizing the learning plan for each individual child. The culture is a small town feel but definitely could compete on a larger scale. The CSAP scores remain in the highest percentage in the state and the D-38 district. I am one of many parent volunteers who give their time and energy into making a Kilmer a fantastic school. The school also offers an enrichment program and is constantly growing to meet student needs. Chuck Stovall is the principal who began in Aug of 2010 and truly cares about the students and staff. I feel confident he ll continue to lead Kilmer to even greater heights!

Posted May 17, 2009
We have been greatly impressed with the 'extra-curricular' activities offered to our children. We have watched our children grow with confidence and in joy. We are deeply saddened to think about some of things going away next year with the budget shorfalls.

Posted November 10, 2008

Posted July 10, 2008
Both my children are at this school and we have pleased with the curriculum, teachers and culture. Although student testing is an important objective of the staff I believe Kilmer does a great job of maintaining a balance between general learning and performance. We have high expectations for the education our children recevie and are very pleased.

Posted September 18, 2006
Last year was our first foray into public school, and at the end of the year I thanked the staff and teachers for an amazing year for my kindergartner. While I felt the homework was a little too much, my daughter learned so much, and was very excited about going to school. Mrs. Carter is a very caring and involved principal, and is truly concerned about teaching the kids academically and socially. While their language program is not up to my expectations, I am extremely pleased with the academics, music, art, and technology programs available. There is a core of very involved parents who work super hard to show teachers how much we appreciate them, and the Coyote Spirit shines at Kilmer.

Posted September 27, 2005
I have been pleased with the staff and academic programs at Kilmer. My child started off behind and the staff support and district support has been wonderful in helping him catch up in with his reading level. I feel that the Kilmer enviroment is friendly and continues to strengthen their relationships with families and the community. I would think of taking my children to another school. The children are able to participate in many extracurricular activities during school hours. Music, art, technology, academies, P.E., Spanish are just a few of the extracurricular activities available during the school day. Plus there are many extracurricular activities available outside of the school. Keyboarding, handbells, chess club, book clubs, choir, student council, rock wall club, archery, and many more activities are available to our Kilmer students and some are available for the entire family. The parent volunteers are great and eager to help. Thanks Kilmer.

Ray E Kilmer Elementary School 1

Posted April 05, 2005
I was not impressed with this school. It was mediocre at best in activities and general school culture. I withdrew my kids.

Posted January 02, 2005
I believe the Kilmer teaching staff's ability to teach our children to be contibuting assets to a challenged society is outstanding. As far as principal changes, the majority went elsewhere in the district to provide their excellent ability in other places. I believe that people should compare the school rating not just in CO but look further and I am certain you will be happy with the application of educational instruction at Kilmer, as well as Lewis Palmer overall. And as far as parent involvement, I have never seen a community of parents stand side by side with the teachers and students to create an incredible learning utopia between home, school and community. As parents we must never let our personal attitudes put walls around our childrens educational abilities or aspirations, but build bridges for them to acheive their greatest potentials.

Ray E Kilmer Elementary School
4285 Walker Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80908
Last modified Ray E Kilmer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ray E Kilmer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top