Bad
Good

I can not say enough great things about Ray Kilmer. I have 4 children attending this year and each of them love the friendly, warm, encouraging environment this amazing school provides. I believe when you feel loved and safe you are able to learn better and this is exactly how my kids feel at this school.

Kilmer is a warm, friendly, community based neighborhood school. Front office has a warm and welcoming environment. It is a place where kids and families feel welcome and at home while academics are still at the forefront. Kilmer Elementary is definitely a great introduction for primary students into all that the Lewis Palmer D38 has to offer!

Kilmer is a small, student centered school with many opportunities for students to grow both during and before/after school hours. The community is welcoming to new families and has a wonderful special needs program. Both of my children have been there since preschool and are extremely happy. I love the parent and community involvement and find that this support is what helps the school rise above others. The teachers are well educated and truly care about all students.

This school is listed as 14 per FTE...but this is not to be confused with class size...there are 25 to 26 per teacher in a class.

Kilmer has undergone many changes over the past several years but has managed not skipping a beat in maintaining the focus of educating the whole child . Teachers are highly educated as well as creative when it comes to customizing the learning plan for each individual child. The culture is a small town feel but definitely could compete on a larger scale. The CSAP scores remain in the highest percentage in the state and the D-38 district. I am one of many parent volunteers who give their time and energy into making a Kilmer a fantastic school. The school also offers an enrichment program and is constantly growing to meet student needs. Chuck Stovall is the principal who began in Aug of 2010 and truly cares about the students and staff. I feel confident he ll continue to lead Kilmer to even greater heights!

We have been greatly impressed with the 'extra-curricular' activities offered to our children. We have watched our children grow with confidence and in joy. We are deeply saddened to think about some of things going away next year with the budget shorfalls.

Both my children are at this school and we have pleased with the curriculum, teachers and culture. Although student testing is an important objective of the staff I believe Kilmer does a great job of maintaining a balance between general learning and performance. We have high expectations for the education our children recevie and are very pleased.

Last modified Ray E Kilmer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.