Colorado Springs, CO

Antelope Trails Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2014
Used to be a great school when Roy Getchell was Principal. New Principal is refused to communicate with parents. Test scores are way down and the kids are not learning. 12 staff members left over the summer 2014.

Antelope Trails Elementary School 2

Posted December 09, 2013
My kids have been attending this school for many years and I am disappointed in the latest state assessment scores. The school changed the homework format several years ago and when many of the veteran parents heard, we told them it would affect the scores. And we were right. The 3rd graders scored so poorly, that the district has stepped in to tell the school how to make it right. Last years score for 3rd graders Math 87, up from 82. Reading 79 down from 87 and writing 57 down from 64. Though the kids are doing well in math, when they get to Middle school they are confused and completely clueless, because the middle school and high school use a different math program and all the kids have to be retaught their way. The teachers overall are good, though we have one particular upper level grade team that is weak. Communication is average. There could be improvement, especially with new families. The school is not at the level that is used to be at and hopefully they will improve. It will however take many years to do so.

Posted January 07, 2013
My son started attending Antelope Trails at the age of 3 in the preschool program. He was behind in speech so was given extra attention and care to get him up to speed. He was on an IEP (Individual education plan) for a few years which was monumental in his progress. The teachers and aides are fantastic and were always in communication with me on his progress! Now he is in 4th grade and is testing at grade level in all areas thanks to their early efforts and extra care. They have a "No child left behind" philosophy and it is evident in the principal, teachers, aides and students. I couldn't be happier and I tell everyone I know to go with District 20 and Antelope Trails especially! Now my daughter is attending 1st grade there and like before- they are just amazing with her. Her teacher is great about communicating and my daughter just loves school!

Posted June 19, 2011
This school is second to none. I've had kids in another school in this district and this is not even comparable to the other. The teachers are genuine and sincere and actually love their jobs. The administration is visible and approachable. This is a top performing school but there isn't a feeling of stress or teaching to the test. It's very comfortable and friendly and I feel so lucky to have choiced my child into Antelope Trails! Thanks you ATE!

Posted May 01, 2011
Best School in the neighborhood. My first grader has progressed leaps and bounds since she is in this school. Excellent English and Math programs. Heard about the TAG and IB curriculum being Outstanding. I wish i could give it a 6 Star :)

Posted April 27, 2011
This is an outstanding school in a community with very high standards. I have never had a bad experience as the entire staff seems to care deeply about every student. There is not a better school in America, top to bottom, than this.

Antelope Trails Elementary School 3

Posted January 09, 2011
Unfortunately there are teachers here, tenured, that are just not up to any kind of academic standard.

Posted November 18, 2010
After 6 years with children at Antelope Trails, I have never had a bad experience. Excellent communication with teachers and staff, they are very very responsive. Good sense of community. I am very thankful to have my children there, I do not worry about this first step of their education at all!

Posted April 23, 2010
I have three children in attendance. We love the teachers, the staff and the warm sense of community that our school offers. My children are thriving here. Thanks, ATE.

Antelope Trails Elementary School 1

Posted February 17, 2010
Lack of communication from the teachers and the office staff. Teachers texting in class and not teaching.

Antelope Trails Elementary School
15280 Jessie Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80921
Last modified Antelope Trails Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Antelope Trails Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top