Bad
Good

It is a great school with awesome teachers. Our children came in the middle of the year due to moving and both teachers (K and 2) did everything to make them feel comfortable and integrated them in the class as well as with other students right away. The school's principal is very nice and the office employees are supportive as well. We love going there and our kids feel very comfortable :-) All in all, Widefield School District 3 is a great district to move into!

We have a child there and love the teachers and the fact they do adanced classes for the kids that are ready. We have been going there three years now and no complaints other than the fact of parents say nasty stuff about the school but don't realize a child's education starts at home.

My daughter was slotted for two local charter schools And pulled her, and placed her at King after their huge renovation. I have 0 regrets. My daughter learned to read, write, sound out words in 4 months. When you call the school the staff is always willing to help, the principal even called me personally with an answer. The staff all around genuinely care about the students, and is shows. Sad to be leaving this year.

I have a kindergartner and a 5th grader in King Elementary and I can wholeheartedly say that we LOVE King!!! The teachers that my daughters have had have been amazing, this year especially! The staff at King Elementary truly care about every child that attends their school. The remodel that was done the summer of 2014 was very much needed and in my opinion has made the school even more welcoming and fun to visit. Reading is very big priority for King Elementary and they take it very seriously. My oldest daughters 5th grade teacher truly helped her in more ways than one this year...because of her teacher, she has thrived and has become very confident in herself!! My daughters are getting an amazing schooling experience as they attend King Elementary.

It was my choice to enroll my son at King, even though it is "out of boundaries" for us because I went there and am familiar with the front office staff members. Unfortunately 2 years in, it is nothing but disappointment after disappointment. I have conversed with about 6 different teachers and I get the impression that all of them hate kids or are just burned out. They do a great job at making people feel like they are bad parents during parent-teacher conferences (I'm not the only one to say this!). The new inexperienced (seemingly uneducated) teacher assistants do all of the work while the actual teachers get paid to sit back. Despite what King's website states, no teachers actually post what our children are learning so we can work with them at home. The gym desperately needs air conditioning. During concerts/assemblies it gets super hot and stinks. The principal is nice, but very forgetful. Although the school bell rings at 3:19pm to let out students, my sons teacher would not release his class until 3:35pm which frustrated me. My biggest hope for this year is that my son's teacher actually loves kids and enjoys teaching. He deserves it.

Great school. A little outdated but that is being fixed this summer. My kindergartner came in a month late and was welcomed with open arms. Her teacher always made us feel welcome with any questions or concerns that we may have had about how she was growing mentally. A little iffy with some of the students using inappropriate language. But other then that I really can't complain! Looking forward to sending her back for first grade and my son for kindergarten!

King Elementary went through many moderations every since my daughter started to attend the kidregarden there. I am very plesed with the work that has been done to establish classes for advanced children to accomodate to their needs. The principal is very cooperative and so are my daughter`s teachers. The school does not teach to test but they teach to high standards and provide children with great education. As a parent, my husband and I are very involved in our children`s education and do not limit it to the classromm setting only, but we also work with our kids at home. The school is a bit outdated however it provides everything children need to learn and grow. I would recommend this school.

This school needs a lot work. Need More teachers and teacher helpers more funding it old and outdated on all levels it's not secure the teacher are not creative and fun ways of learning ..burn out had lunch with my child one day were is the fresh fruit and vegetable ?? Low budget and I paid all year long for my child to come home starving I didn't believe it when told about the food in school til I had hit for myself...sad parents need to be more involved in their child School to see the quality of the services your child receive I suggest you go to another school I have drive a little further but it's worth in the end

This is my children's first year at king. All of them have been bullied! There have not been any consequences to those bullying. My kids have NEVER been in trouble at school, and we have always told them to go tell an adult. Sadly nothing has ever been some and we finally had to tell them to defend themselves. That set aside, their academics are appalling! They don't break into smaller groups for math and reading etc. like pretty much every other school does and kids suffer because of it. Some of the teachers are great, but they can't make up for the really bad ones.

I've been very happy with my son's main teacher as he is on an IEP for autism. She really cares and we communicate often. She even created a book for him that we communicate through on a daily basis. He has really progressed this year and I'm looking forward to next year.

Last modified Martin Luther King Jr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.