Bad
Good

Our kids attended Webster for Kindergarten and 1st , 2nd grade. This school is awful. Teachers do not care. They just want to "teach how the district tells us" and All kids get taught the exact same. Teachers just want their retirement check. Kids are tested with a standardized test every three weeks. Not sure when the teachers actually teach? Neighborhood is terrible, just take a drive thru the houses around the school. You can see what kind of families your kids will go to school with. Save yourself the frustration- Don't live in this schools boundaries.

I highly suggest doing your homework and looking else where if you have a special needs child. District staff was insulting and condescending during meetings and on the phone, when trying to resolve poor practice environment. Medical staff was rude and refused to work with parents, demanded unnecessary amount of documentation from physicians to the extent the physicians were recommending personal nurses and removal from school environment. Essentially, child was pushed out of school based on medical reasons. Typical child did well although a bullying atmosphere exists between older children and younger children on play ground and busses. Child was bullied, parents of multiple children attempted to intervene with school staff, because of lack of teacher observation nothing was done. However, child complained of slow pace, boredom and could not recite what was accomplished during they day. Both children removed and are excelling in new environments being truly challenged and supported in a professional manner. Teachers mean well and are truly loving and kind, I believe they do the best they can to support and encourage children and parents. Many ways to be involved outside and inside the classroom. Playground area for the older children is not secured many openings and ways for children to walk off or be lost (several parents have reported children leaving the play area to go back inside or say hello to parents at street with out playground teacher knowledge) I believe they have outgrown themselves. Nice school, you will like the staff, I think they have too many sub programs and things going on, hard to keep tabs...would be nice if they trimmed the fat and stuck to just a few solid rewards/learning programs- lots of their programs are on line and can be accessed from home- but again I would look elsewhere if you are looking for a challenging learning environment especially if you have a special needs child who needs special attention from medical staff.

This school is amazing! I have intelligent kids and this school keeps them excelling! Every where you walk in this school there is a poster to teach the children to push them selves further! They have an assembly for everything..they use any excuse to ..congradulate..The kids on how amazing they are! This school uplifts .encourages..pushes..and creates beautiful children! I am very impressed!

Unfortunately we moved at the end of the 2012-2013 school year and our whole family misses being Wildcats! As a parent, I loved the sense of community and team work between parents, staff and the administration. Both my school age children loved their 2 years at Webster. They both tested into the gifted/talented programs so being bored or under-stimulated was never a problem. When they were in a class that wasn't challenging them enough they were either moved to a higher group or given more challenging work within the group they were in. Besides the sense of family/community we felt at Webster, the Renaissance program is what we miss most. It was such a fantastic way to encourage kids to do their best academically and socially. It made my kids try especially hard to behave respectfully towards adults/children, understand the importance of good attendance, and challenge themselves to do better each quart to always strive for the Gold card!

Webster is a terrible school. The teachers do not care to even TRY to keep the students engaged. My daughter is bored as well. I can't wait to move her to another school.

My opinion is the same as the January 2013 reviewer. Except my kid is bored to tears because the work is "easy " and the teachers do not engage the children in learning. So easy A's without being Challenging the student. And being a military family we have been referred to as transits by the school. And school as a very cliquish community. Along with some serious issues controlling the kids behaviors in the classroom. We are moving to a Charter school next year. Which will hopefully have a more diverse population, more parental involvement. And a higher caliber of teachers, students and parents.

This is a typical "no child left behind" school where they teach to the lowest kid in the class, dumb down the classwork and want everyone to get 100%...which means that they give my son fewer spelling words than his peers because spelling is harder for him. I know most parents these days seem to like this approach. I guess I am old-fashioned. I would rather have him work hard and earn a C than be handed an A. The teachers look down on the parents and are rude to them. It is difficult to be an involved parent: no one answers emails or messages, teachers don't post assignments on the parent site so you can't follow up with you kid on what his/her homework is, they schedule parent conferences without asking when the parent is available...that sort of thing. Have struggled with teacher after teacher at this school with my stepson. He will be moving on to middle school next year and we are currently exploring other elementary school options for my daughter who will be in Kindergarten next year.

Concerned parents. Not sure of the academic expectations. We were told our student was doing well and once the report card came it said otherwise. I am not sure about the parental involvement in my student's classroom, it seems like everything is last minute notifications. The teacher has not really kept us informed. I know it is a two way street, but I expected more effort on her part. I have heard amazing things about this school but my experience has not been so great :( We are considering another school for next year. I just don't have the warm, caring feeling. Maybe it is just this one teacher...Not sure! I am disappointed. Kudos the PTO rocks and that is where I get most of my information.

This is a really good school . My kids did not attend this school year because I moved them to JMCA. I am considering moving them back.

My daughter's teacher made our experience at the school wonderful. She loved her teacher and loved learning. The school is growing faster than it can handle it seems though. My daughter's classroom was in seperate trailer type classrooms across from the main school. Too bad they can't build a bigger school for all the growth that's happening in that area. They are VERY military friendly which is important to a military family like ours. We miss Webster Elementary.

Last modified Webster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.