Colorado Springs, CO

Posted August 05, 2014
This school is amazing! I have intelligent kids and this school keeps them excelling! Every where you walk in this school there is a poster to teach the children to push them selves further! They have an assembly for everything..they use any excuse to ..congradulate..The kids on how amazing they are! This school uplifts .encourages..pushes..and creates beautiful children! I am very impressed!

Posted August 04, 2014
Unfortunately we moved at the end of the 2012-2013 school year and our whole family misses being Wildcats! As a parent, I loved the sense of community and team work between parents, staff and the administration. Both my school age children loved their 2 years at Webster. They both tested into the gifted/talented programs so being bored or under-stimulated was never a problem. When they were in a class that wasn't challenging them enough they were either moved to a higher group or given more challenging work within the group they were in. Besides the sense of family/community we felt at Webster, the Renaissance program is what we miss most. It was such a fantastic way to encourage kids to do their best academically and socially. It made my kids try especially hard to behave respectfully towards adults/children, understand the importance of good attendance, and challenge themselves to do better each quart to always strive for the Gold card!

Webster Elementary School 1

Posted November 05, 2013
Webster is a terrible school. The teachers do not care to even TRY to keep the students engaged. My daughter is bored as well. I can't wait to move her to another school.

Webster Elementary School 2

Posted February 20, 2013
My opinion is the same as the January 2013 reviewer. Except my kid is bored to tears because the work is "easy " and the teachers do not engage the children in learning. So easy A's without being Challenging the student. And being a military family we have been referred to as transits by the school. And school as a very cliquish community. Along with some serious issues controlling the kids behaviors in the classroom. We are moving to a Charter school next year. Which will hopefully have a more diverse population, more parental involvement. And a higher caliber of teachers, students and parents.

Webster Elementary School 2

Posted January 28, 2013
This is a typical "no child left behind" school where they teach to the lowest kid in the class, dumb down the classwork and want everyone to get 100%...which means that they give my son fewer spelling words than his peers because spelling is harder for him. I know most parents these days seem to like this approach. I guess I am old-fashioned. I would rather have him work hard and earn a C than be handed an A. The teachers look down on the parents and are rude to them. It is difficult to be an involved parent: no one answers emails or messages, teachers don't post assignments on the parent site so you can't follow up with you kid on what his/her homework is, they schedule parent conferences without asking when the parent is available...that sort of thing. Have struggled with teacher after teacher at this school with my stepson. He will be moving on to middle school next year and we are currently exploring other elementary school options for my daughter who will be in Kindergarten next year.

Webster Elementary School 3

Posted January 08, 2012
Concerned parents. Not sure of the academic expectations. We were told our student was doing well and once the report card came it said otherwise. I am not sure about the parental involvement in my student's classroom, it seems like everything is last minute notifications. The teacher has not really kept us informed. I know it is a two way street, but I expected more effort on her part. I have heard amazing things about this school but my experience has not been so great :( We are considering another school for next year. I just don't have the warm, caring feeling. Maybe it is just this one teacher...Not sure! I am disappointed. Kudos the PTO rocks and that is where I get most of my information.

Webster Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2011
This is a really good school . My kids did not attend this school year because I moved them to JMCA. I am considering moving them back.

Webster Elementary School 4

Posted January 06, 2011
My daughter's teacher made our experience at the school wonderful. She loved her teacher and loved learning. The school is growing faster than it can handle it seems though. My daughter's classroom was in seperate trailer type classrooms across from the main school. Too bad they can't build a bigger school for all the growth that's happening in that area. They are VERY military friendly which is important to a military family like ours. We miss Webster Elementary.

Posted October 05, 2009
We love our school they are very helpful, caring, people whom take very good care of our kids.

Webster Elementary School 0

Posted January 21, 2009
Webster is an excellent school ranging from pre-school through 6th grade. The teachers are very involved and kids are their main concern and focus. My children have been at this school since kindergarten, and absolutely love it.

Webster Elementary School
445 Jersey Ln, Colorado Springs, CO  80911
Last modified Webster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Webster Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top