Colorado Springs, CO

Widefield High School 3

Posted November 16, 2013
Widefield is good for any student without challenges or one who does not need any disciplinary action, however, if you have a student who needs an IEP or other related needs I WOULD NOT go here. The only reason I attend Widefield is because it has the LARGEST orchestra in the State and it is convenient. Besides music, I would go somewhere else. Find a school willing to make accomodations, not one that skates kids by to say that they did.

Widefield High School 3

Posted November 07, 2012
I guess ut us a ok school. Its just that people like to discriminate a lot there. Teahcers are ok And athlectics are ok...the only problem is that if you dont have the nice jeans nice hair or perfect body no one is really going to like as much. yeah you may be known but you wont fit they're standards

Posted September 15, 2011
This HS completely failed me. Previous posts were accurate in stating the social/economic discrimination. I was invisible, I doubt most of the teachers ever knew my name. I recall breaking down in tears on the day I was enrolling and the male staffer getting me set up rolled his eyes and sighed in exasperation. I moved to Widefield in the 4th grade (Talbott) and I can still remember the blatant favortism. Widefield School District changed how I felt about school and made me insignificant throughout my entire school career. I was an A student when I wasn't trying to escape it.

Posted September 12, 2011
I attended Widefield for two years and had a lot of trouble with it. Not with the students but the teachers. They have no respect for the students and lie to cover up what they say to the students. I have health problems and wasn't granted the extra help I was supposed to get. The lady who has been handling my case for years doesn't even know my name. I've had many teachers tell me I'm faking, I've had teachers tell the class my grades along with others, I've had teachers tell the class my problems and my business, then when being confronted they lied about everything. Widefield has very few honest good teachers and in my opinion is an awful school. It's an awful place and does not help the majority of the students succeed. In my years there, my teachers would rather put me down rather than help me with my future and attend to my needs. I've known many people who have gone there and had the same problems. Widefield is not a good school at all.

Posted June 22, 2010
Absolutely a wonderful school. Staff and administration who truly care about the students themselves, fostering a learning environment that prepares the students for the 'real world'. A wide array of honors and AP classes are offered as well as dual enrollment courses. A caring an academically challenging school. As a parent of two WHS students, I am beyond thrilled with their educational experiences at WHS.

Widefield High School 4

Posted February 12, 2010
I'm currently attending Widefield, and I must say, its an excellent school. Being a military dependant is hard enough already, and when my sister and I came here, our counselour was extremely nice, and he as well as other teachers worked to the best of their ability to make sure we got the classes we wanted. All of the curriculum is great; especially the honors and AP. I can honestly say that I love each and every one of my teachers, and enjoy going to their class. There is a wide array of extra curricular activities as well, so there's always something to do. The only thing that I don't like about the school is the discipline system. The administration has NO tolerance whatsoever towards anything that isnt submission. I've been in ISD twice, both for minimal misbehavior. Also, the school is way too small for the 1200 kids that attend.

Posted February 08, 2010

Posted April 27, 2009

Posted April 17, 2009

Posted December 19, 2008

Widefield High School
615 Widefield Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80911
Last modified Widefield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Widefield High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top