Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Sunrise ES does not met the one star rating more like -0 just as bad as As Pikes Peak Prep. Record record record all interaction with the staff. The Principal will avoid u if u have been made a target by speaking up for ur student (s) A certain 5th grade teacher is horrible . Doucument all contact. Write letters to the principal and the school board about ur concerns . When all else fails Write to the office of the civil rights of education. Even if ur complaint are not follwed though it does not look when they need funding. Horrible schools, horrible staff not all but a good portion of them. THE music teacher works really hard and it shows. Please u have young boys do some research on the sex Co-ed education video before giving ur consent. Good luck know to

My son and daughter both go to this school and they love the teachers. My son had some issues early on and with the help of the teaching staff has completely overcome them and has gotten A's and B's all 4 years. Just look at the test scores for evidence of how great this school is.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

With the new grading system its hard for teachers to be effective. Its our way or the highway. Sheeples leading sheeples

Amount of homework: Agree

The usual nothing too over the top. If a student misses a day they are not requried to mske it up.

Develops character: Neutral

If the office staff does not like your student they will talk about them in front of the student and treat them like they are plague. They r so fake.

Teachers and staff are horrible. They do not care about there students well being. They do not follow safety rules. Just all around horrible.

This is a great school. It has a great environment for the kids and there are always many activities throughout the school year. My son has been here for kinder and 1st grade and has excelled both school years. Great teachers, and everyone who works here always seems very happy and friendly.

this school is very bad! Teachers are not smart about anything in 5th grade. I got 52% on my math test, I show my mom and she say teacher is wrong : 123-23=100 but teacher say it's wrong 24 is answer, i show her she say oh , okay. They will loose your work and that jell at you but than they will find . Because they sad they did not have but than find you will have bad grade! I student of this bad school!

My son goes to Sunrise and I couldn't be happier. I always get homework. I eat lunch w/ him. I love how quickly they can get the entire school quiet quickly in the auditorium. I can drop by and sit in my son's class anytime. Some of the comments below that are negative .... its like really!!! Great school. I love it. I cannot wait for my 3 daughters to attend. If you do your job prior to your child starting school, they will soar greatly at Sunrise!!!

After moving around a lot, we have been lucky to find this school for the past 3 years. My eldest daughter has gone there from 2nd till 4th grade and my other daughter was in kindergarten this year. Mrs Carlton is one of the best principles I have ever meet, she forms a relationship with each child and the entire staff follows suit. I have had difficulties with some of the teachers, but Mrs. Carlton always wants what's best for the student and works with parents. I have been able to volunteer a lot at the school, even bringing my infant along to help. It was real easy to get involved and make a difference.

Last modified Sunrise Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.