Posted August 24, 2013
This is a great school! The principal works hard to educate her staff on current best practices and strives to create a safe and engaging learning environment. While there has been a large turnover in staff, it is all for better. The students at this school are learning important 21st Century Skills that will prepare them for thier future. The staff is very supportive towards their students and strive to help every student achieve.

Prairie Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
Looking forward to some positive changes for the 2013/2014 school year. Prairie Hills has gone through some tough times these past few years with the new principal a couple of years ago and a lot of changing staff. Hopefully this school can become as GREAT as it once was. Let's do it for the kids!!

Posted June 27, 2013
1 of my children went here for a year. It was awful. She would have received a better education had she stayed home and watched tv all year. When The Classical Academy accepted our child into their school, we had no hesitation accepting their offer. Sadly, she was nearly a full year behind due to the time lost at Prairie Hills. The staff is uncooperative. They will tell you what you want to hear, then do whatever they want. There is no follow-through. Our experience was very poor. The school leadership was not present at all. We never ever met with the principal in spite of several requests. If I could give less than 1 star, I would.

Posted March 07, 2013
DO NOT RECOMMEND. The staff/administration is very hands off. If you have an issue. Know that you will not have the support of the principal. As always, attitudes come from the top down. There are many schools in the district. Don't count on the school supporting you for ANY modification for your child. Parent involvement is seen as annoying and the principal is patronizing.

Posted February 09, 2013
I have 2 kids that go there and the school and staff is wonderful and never had any problems with them. They went through and redone the hold SSN program and it is alot better than before. No problems at all with any aspect of the school or the teachers or principle and administration there.

Posted November 05, 2012
This is an amazing school! The staff bends over backwards to provide support for students. They have a schoolwide intervention/enrichment time everyday for all K - 5 students. Students are given extra support to enhance their learning. Everyone is caring and puts the needs of children first. We love how they individualize to meet the various needs of children.

Posted March 20, 2012
This is the worst school I have ever seen! My son has special needs and was neglected and bullied so badly at this school by students, subs, paras and other staff. I have also never seen an Admin staff go to such great lengths to cover up issues at a school.

Posted September 14, 2011
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO THIS SCHOOL. I am saddened that such a beautiful school is ran so poorly. The Principal acts disgruntled and is not approachable at all. She never even greets parents or students. The Admin team as a whole is non-responsive to issues that arise, regardless of whether the issues are academic or concerns regarding bullying. My child has had two teachers who were worse than incompetent, and very uncaring. The worst is that my child was injured in the classroom, and the school is trying their best to bury it. The child who harmed my son was only suspended for a few days. I regret not transferring my child when we first had problems in first grade. We did so in order to not disrupt our child socially, but in retrospect, it was not worth his academics suffering and being injured on top of that. I hope that this review reaches out to parents out there, so that they don't have to suffer as our family has at the hands of this terrible school. Additionally, most parents in the community are not at all engaged in their children's education.

Posted January 12, 2011
Both of my children have attended Prairie Hills since 2006. All of their teachers have been very devoted, caring, and sensitive to their individual needs. They were challenged and motivated to be their personal best. The principals over the last four years have been responsive and reached out to the community to help parents be involved and come into the school to volunteer and spend quality time with their children. The curriculum is rigorous and engage students in collaboration with one another and at other grade levels. They even do a school-wide intervention/acceleration time for all students 4 days a week. This school is committed to helping each child achieve and succeed.

Prairie Hills Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2010
My daughter attended this school during the 2009-2010 Kindergarten school year. The positives are: The facilities are very nice and the Kindergarten teacher was a good fit for my daughter. She did the best she could with 25 kids. The after school program is fantastic, they worked one on one with my daughter, and I always felt safe with her being there. The negatives: I was less than pleased with the "specials". My daughter attended a private school the year before and had displayed a greater interest in her specials there rather than at Prairie Hills. In fact, her chief complaint was that they were "boring" and all they did was "watch movies". Why on earth did I pay $215.00 a month in tuition for my daughter to watch movies during her specials? Not only that, she DIGRESSED tremendously in Spanish.

Prairie Hills Elementary School
8025 Telegraph Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80920
Last modified Prairie Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top