Colorado Springs, CO

Posted June 05, 2015
This is our second year, first full year and our LAST, absolutely HORRIBLE ADMIN!! The teachers are great and they are leaving in the masses, this year alone my son was supposed to have one 3rd grade teacher but on day 1 she got another job and left her replacement was a 23 year old fresh out of college who we worked with but had NO help from the admin, she was over her head and her whole class suffered, 4 kids dropped out during the year to be home schooled and we just got notice she is leaving to go else where, along with 3 other teachers. Good teachers leave because of the admin, they don't get involved and are annoyed when you ask them to. There are no clubs except Landsharks and some measly excuses for tutoring, we have choiced out, DO NOT GO HERE. I agree with the other post on here, they allow bullying and their positive reinforcement is bull!!

Posted May 28, 2015
This is our first year at this school and it will be the last. The administration at this school are the absolute worst type of people in charge. My child had a few incidents with bullies at the beginning of the school year and as a result of that has been unfairly singled out if anything else has happened where my child has been involved. Meaning he has been labeled a "trouble causer" when he was the victim and has been unjustly treated ALL YEAR LONG. My input on his consequences for the many things were he was a victim not the instigator, has fallen on deaf ears. The assistant principal rules with an iron fist and thinks she is god at this school and her word is the final one. The current principal is of the same mind. The administration has meetings with your kids when there is a supposed "incident" that you won't find out about from them only from your kids, this is very troubling and inappropriate to me. RUN as fast as you can from this school and this district for that matter. There is no accountability at any level and zero transparency and communication. If you try to speak to the superintendent you get the run around. D-20 is touted as the best in Colorado Springs but that is the polar opposite of what my kids and I have experienced in one school year. The administration needs to be fired and charged with harassment.

Prairie Hills Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2015
School fits the profile. He was bullied, communication with teachers are not happening. Very disappointed, wasted school year for my child and the school placement was a joke! This will be my child's last year with IEP. My child has been unhappy all year long and not liking this school. Also, d-20 refused to allow my child to attend the IB school across the street from his house, our neighborhood is assigned too.

Posted February 07, 2014
I am the proud parent of three children that have attended or are currently attending and I cannot praise the school, teachers and staff enough. As a Real Estate professional I am constantly keeping myself up to date on the schools within our community and I feel this is the perfect place for my children. Keep up the good work!

Posted August 24, 2013
This is a great school! The principal works hard to educate her staff on current best practices and strives to create a safe and engaging learning environment. While there has been a large turnover in staff, it is all for better. The students at this school are learning important 21st Century Skills that will prepare them for thier future. The staff is very supportive towards their students and strive to help every student achieve.

Prairie Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
Looking forward to some positive changes for the 2013/2014 school year. Prairie Hills has gone through some tough times these past few years with the new principal a couple of years ago and a lot of changing staff. Hopefully this school can become as GREAT as it once was. Let's do it for the kids!!

Posted June 27, 2013
1 of my children went here for a year. It was awful. She would have received a better education had she stayed home and watched tv all year. When The Classical Academy accepted our child into their school, we had no hesitation accepting their offer. Sadly, she was nearly a full year behind due to the time lost at Prairie Hills. The staff is uncooperative. They will tell you what you want to hear, then do whatever they want. There is no follow-through. Our experience was very poor. The school leadership was not present at all. We never ever met with the principal in spite of several requests. If I could give less than 1 star, I would.

Posted March 07, 2013
DO NOT RECOMMEND. The staff/administration is very hands off. If you have an issue. Know that you will not have the support of the principal. As always, attitudes come from the top down. There are many schools in the district. Don't count on the school supporting you for ANY modification for your child. Parent involvement is seen as annoying and the principal is patronizing.

Posted February 09, 2013
I have 2 kids that go there and the school and staff is wonderful and never had any problems with them. They went through and redone the hold SSN program and it is alot better than before. No problems at all with any aspect of the school or the teachers or principle and administration there.

Posted November 05, 2012
This is an amazing school! The staff bends over backwards to provide support for students. They have a schoolwide intervention/enrichment time everyday for all K - 5 students. Students are given extra support to enhance their learning. Everyone is caring and puts the needs of children first. We love how they individualize to meet the various needs of children.

Prairie Hills Elementary School
8025 Telegraph Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80920
Last modified Prairie Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top