Colorado Springs, CO
Before care: Yes

Divine Redeemer Catholic School 3

Posted September 23, 2014
My child attends middle school. As with every school, there a good an bad teachers. The good middle school teachers are compassionate, attentive to student needs and truly seem to have desire to teach each student at their level and pace. They are helping my child learn to be independent with just the right amount of guidance. The marginal middle school teachers are on some sort of ego trip. They seem to want to make a student and their parent's lives as difficult, and confusing as possible. When you ask for clarification, they take it as an attack on them, they treat you like you're stupid, and play dumb. The nonverbal communication is very clear; they don't want you involved, or want to have any personal impromptu interaction. I get the move toward independence aspect of MS, but to expect that from all students is unrealistic. How about a collaborative effort? I do know my child. I don't get only communicate by email. It's not like they have 5 classes of 100 students each. Middle school is hard enough why make it harder. It's a private school, where's the I'm glad your here, personal side. It's really too bad. That a few bad apples are spoiling the whole bunch.

Posted May 16, 2014
I taught in a wonderful public school district at a National Blue Ribbon School for years. As a fairly new staff member at Divine Redeemer, I have observed that same quality of education happening in this school. The difference here, with the Catholic tradition, is the added emphasis on community and giving back to those less fortunate. The children help in collecting food for the food pantry, running a carnival for St. Jude s Hospital, raising money for the Empty Stocking fund , Jeans for Genes Cystic Fibrosis fundraiser- the list goes on. All children participate, even the smaller children! Divine Redeemer Catholic School is a family , much like your family, with high academic and behavior expectations, as well as love for each and every child that attends here.

Posted October 24, 2013
Our daughter is in pre-kindergarten this year and what a great experience. The class has 11 students, an awesome teacher and an aide in the classroom. We were looking for a school that applied various skills needed academically and socially through-out the grades. The students are integrated into the school, they attend mass, and use the "buddy" system that our daughter is looking forward too becoming when she is older. The principle stands outside every morning (rain,snow,or shine) and greets every child by their first name- outstanding! The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and full of enrichment. We cannot praise enough of how this school has made our daughter's education value priceless.

Divine Redeemer Catholic School 4

Posted August 11, 2013
Divine Redeemed is a Catholic school devoted to helping educate children in faith and academics. It has a low student to teacher ratio. It has wonderful teachers willing to help the whole child.

Posted March 17, 2011
My daughter is in Kindergarten this year at DR and she has had a wonderful experience. It is a loving community with teachers that really care. The children attend mass weekly and the parents are involved with the school.We feel very blessed to have our daughter attending such a great school.

Posted September 13, 2010
My daughter is in pre-kindergarten this year and we have been having a wonderful experience. The pre-k class is quite small (only 13 children) and they have a teacher and an aide in the classroom. It is a lot more academic than what many of my friends are experiencing with their pre-k's, but if that's what we were looking for so we're very satisfied. Also, it has a very elementary school feel. The pre-k kids are fully integrated into the school, they attend mass, they have assigned older "buddies," etc. It reminds me of what kindergarten was like when I was a child.

Posted April 30, 2010
My child has had an excellent experience at Divine Redeemer School. The teachers and administration are truly caring and involved. The classes are challenging and academic. We love the constant prayer, and the quality of communication from the staff is AWESOME. This school is too good to miss!

Posted January 12, 2009
Divine Reedemer is a great school with a great community of parents. My child has greatly excelled at Divine Redeemer and the teachers have always done what is in the best interest of my child. Start the day with prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance. It is a great atmosphere for children.

Divine Redeemer Catholic School 0

Posted September 30, 2008
My child had a horrible experience at Divine Redeemer. Multiple teachers in the first semester. My child was not taught to her ability and became bored and acted up. Discipline was not always appropriate and my child was made to believe that she was bad. I pulled her out mid year. With a new school came an immediate improvement in behavior and she was excited about learning again. I regret not removing her sooner.

Divine Redeemer Catholic School 1

Posted August 08, 2008

Divine Redeemer Catholic School
901 North Logan Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO  80909
Last modified Divine Redeemer Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Divine Redeemer Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top