PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Divine Redeemer Catholic School allows the student to grow in their Faith as well as Academics. The teachers and administration seem to always keep the lines of communication open for students, parents/guardians. The student is treated as an individual and of course student/family participation regarding fund raisers and community outreach projects, is always encouraged. I would highly recommend this school.

I have 2 children at the school and have been a DR parent for 6 years. With any group, what you get out of it is going to depend a lot on what you put into it. Divine Redeemer has become part of our family because we have chosen to embrace the Divine Redeemer community. And we aren't alone. Very few families leave DR each year because the overwhelming majority of DR families have a positive experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Although private schools are not subject to the same regulations as public schools, all of the teachers at DR are certified and well qualified. I particularly appreciate the way the teachers coordinate with one another as a team to provide a planned progression from one grade to the next. Each year, my children walk into a new classroom with a teacher who already knows about them and is ready for them.

Amount of homework: Agree

I find the homework load to be reasonable and age appropriate. My children haven't attended a school other than DR, but I find that the homework load increases gradually from year to year. The assignments are used to not only reinforce class work, but to progressively shift responsibility to students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Divine Redeemer places a high priority on character development among students. They care for and take responsibility for younger students through a buddy system. They are mindful of community service and supporting the parish that supports them. They hold students to ethical standards.

My child has attended here since kindergarten. She is currently in the middle school. She has received a strong education. The teachers and staff have been kind and caring. I would recommend this school highly.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers are too lazy to watch the children or help the children accomplish certain obstacles

This school is absolutely horrible my son currently attends here and from day one it has been a ongoing nightmare. The principal has no idea how to run the school and doesn't seem to care about none of the children's well being. My child was bullied and all the principal was worried about was teaching a lesson from the bible !!!! The teachers are very cold and callous with no compassion for new students. If you're thinking about sending your child here think twice , spend your money elsewhere as this place Is the worst place to send a child. They do not watch over the children whatsoever or care about the children's safety. No kid should have to put up with the nonsense that goes on in this horrible place. I don't know how this place is still open.....

My time as a student at this school was quite frankly awful. Because the school was so small there were extremely few classes offered, the place was understaffed, and bullying was common. While I was in middle school I had an extremely hard time passing my classes and more than a few teachers were completely unwilling to help, and the ones that were kind were fired or layed off the year I left. I suppose because the school is a catholic one its to be expected but the views exposed to me about life were outdated and conservative, and in general the place sheltered me from ever becoming ready for the real world.

My child attends middle school. As with every school, there a good an bad teachers. The good middle school teachers are compassionate, attentive to student needs and truly seem to have desire to teach each student at their level and pace. They are helping my child learn to be independent with just the right amount of guidance. The marginal middle school teachers are on some sort of ego trip. They seem to want to make a student and their parent's lives as difficult, and confusing as possible. When you ask for clarification, they take it as an attack on them, they treat you like you're stupid, and play dumb. The nonverbal communication is very clear; they don't want you involved, or want to have any personal impromptu interaction. I get the move toward independence aspect of MS, but to expect that from all students is unrealistic. How about a collaborative effort? I do know my child. I don't get only communicate by email. It's not like they have 5 classes of 100 students each. Middle school is hard enough why make it harder. It's a private school, where's the I'm glad your here, personal side. It's really too bad. That a few bad apples are spoiling the whole bunch.

Last modified Divine Redeemer Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8