Colorado Springs, CO

Posted January 10, 2013
We choice into this school because we were not happy with our neighborhood school. This is our third year and I can never say enough about how much I love it here. The principal is a great leader and has high expectations for all of the staff and the students. Some of the teachers have been there for over 25 years. The students are learning to love education and be great citizens.

Posted June 06, 2012
Foothils is a very positive renforcing school.They also have amazing staff to go along with that.The student are raised to a higher expectation and this year over half of the fifth grade received an average of an A.The students enjoy the school because of the teachers and other students who make them feel superior.Theese are just some of the good oppurtunities that foothills elementary provides.

Posted June 05, 2012
Amazing School-They really listen to parents concerns. My child is severely Autistic and he did very well at Foothills. He made friends and all his classmates just loved him. He was 80 percent in the classroom and pulled out for specials. The team he worked with really worked hard to make sure all his needs were met. IEP's were taken seriously and they made sure he received the services he needed. He was involved in choir and sports there. Kathy Emeis-Beers, Ms, Kraus, and Ms. Potter really worked hard to make sure he succeeded in and out of the classroom. The school in general is very supportive of parents and all teachers in special education are excellent! Marky will miss Foothills!!!

Posted October 21, 2010
WOW! I just can't say enough about this school! The Principle, Vice Principle, TAG teacher, all of the regular teachers, EVERYONE is so nice and supportive of the families and children. My son loves school again and we have realized that a first class Public School education is still available. My son's two teachers, P.E. coach, librarian, music, computer and spanish teacher are fantastic. The staff are always polite and encouraging to him. We left a school at a nearby district to attend Foothills and the difference is amazing. The parents are nice and helpful to new parents. Thank you Foothills for taking such good care of our son!

Posted May 20, 2010
My son is Kindergarten student with Foothills and has autism. His teachers, aides and the school in general have been fantastic. He's blossomed under thier teaching, encouragement and accountability. I especially appreciate all the feedback I receive on his progress, his gains and the areas we need to work on. We are looking forward to his continued progress in 1st grade at Foothills

Posted May 19, 2010
Our son started at Foothills in 3rd grade, 2007. We were immediately welcomed by staff, parents, and students. The curriculum was clear and well thought out. The academics and the way they teach the children inspire them to want to continue their excitement as well as love of learning. The academic education is punctuated with experiential instruction. Thus the children use the knowledge they are taught in a meaningful way. Children are in a nurturing environment that also supports their social and emotional needs. I just wish I had more children to send!

Posted October 16, 2009
This is just a terrific school! I have 2 children who attend this school and they have grown and been supported greatly within this school The staff is wonderful, the location is great and I am so very pleased with Foothills as a whole. They deserve this rating for sure.

Posted May 21, 2009

Foothills Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2006
The academic programs at Foothills are great and there are many opportunities for those kids who excel and who need help to get the individualized attention they need. They also have great music, art and sports programs that are offered outside of regular school hours. Most of the parents participate on a regular basis volunteering in the classroom as well as at the school in general.

Foothills Elementary School
825 Allegheny Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80919
Last modified Foothills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top