Colorado Springs, CO

Posted August 23, 2013
Words cannot express how deeply grateful I am to FVS for the foundation it provided for my daughters. One daughter went on to get almost straight A's at University of Southern California, carrying a double major and then to a top ten law school. These A's represent how hard she worked, but also how well prepared she was for college. My other daughter has said that FVS saved her life, because she had been so bored in public school. The opportunity to attend school with students from all over the world was priceless. I'll never forget my daughters' descriptions of class discussions of the Cold War, where participants represented such countries as Russia, Thailand, or China. In this environment, students truly learn to respect different viewpoints. It seemed to me that all students on campus were treated with respect, including my daughters, who were recipients of financial aid. Finally, the campus seemed like a fairyland for curious students, with an art facility that was amazing and accessible, some of the dorm rooms nicer than students will ever have in college, and accessible teachers who were bright, supportive, and interesting. Thank you, Fountain Valley! Parent '02, '04

Posted May 17, 2013
FVS is a truly remarkable school and community. We currently have a sophomore there and our daughter (who never intended on going to boarding school) is so impressed by it that she will also be attending starting next school year as a 9th grader. The education and life experiences that our son is getting there are outstanding. The teachers are committed to his learning process and take the time when something needs a little more attention for him. The sport community and culture of FVS is wonderful, inclusive and encouraging while keeping a competitive edge. We live less than 5 minutes from the school for this year and are on campus nearly every day so we get to see the school and culture not just on the family visiting days. The positive vibe is there throughout the year. Our son loves attending the school and plans on graduating from there. I can't say enough good things about this school. Plus, FVS owns over 1,000 acres of beautiful prairie land that surrounds the campus area with an unobstructed view of Pike's Peak. It's our favorite walking spot of anywhere in this area.

Posted February 19, 2013
Our two children attended FVS as boarders for 4 years each. They participated in many activities and developed lasting friendships with great kids from diverse backgrounds. The FVS teachers were also a diverse group of people. Our children found individuals from the faculty who served as mentors for life as well as classroom educators. Both our daughter and son were accepted to top-ranked colleges and performed well at the college level, thanks to the academic rigor of FVS. The school also inculcated a sense of compassion and a love for the outdoors. The cost was high in dollars but the academic, social, and personal growth for our kids was worth it.

Posted March 06, 2012
Fountain Valley School is a wonderful opportunity for any child who has a love of learning and wants to be pushed academically. Fountain Valley School focuses on the development of students in academics, athletics, and the arts. Top students from 96 countries come to Fountain Valley for the Fountain Valley Experience which includes: Excellent Teachers, Strong Leadership, Vigorous Academics, First Rate Coaching and Athletic Training, and a Very Strong School of the Arts. This school is perfect for students who are self starters, and care deeply about their preparation for college. If this does not describe your child, then Fountain Valley School may not be the school for him/her. The School's Staff and Administration have always acted in a professional and courteous manner. The school's management financially or otherwise has always been beyond reproach. The students at Fountain Valley School thrive in all areas of development. FVS has wonderful programs including: Equine program, Hockey program, State Champion Climbing program, Outdoor Education, Visual Arts including Silversmithing, Performance Arts, to name a few. Fountain Valley School is a small school with big school programs.

Fountain Valley School Of Colorado 1

Posted February 27, 2012
We had worst experience we've ever had. It was poor management, organization and professionalism. Many good teachers left last year. It is better to go to public school, if you live in the decent area.

Posted April 07, 2010
FVS is a great place to learn, grow, and excel

Posted November 02, 2009
The learning extends far beyond the classroom.

Posted January 03, 2008
I am currently enrolled in F.V.S. and I absolutely adore it! Small class sizes, friendly students and teachers and a beautiful campus to boot! I couldn't have asked for a better school...

Fountain Valley School Of Colorado 4

Posted February 08, 2006
Beautiful campus, small class size, lots of one on one attention. Many activities after school. residence rooms nice. No outside distractions like cable t.v.

Posted November 15, 2005
As a recent graduate of Fountain Valley, I feel confident in recommending this school without any reservations whatsoever. After my experiences at FVS, I was extraordinarily well prepared for college. The intense academic environment and the time management skills I learned there set me on the fast track to success at the university level, and the close relationships developed with faculty within the FVS community are some of my most treasured. FVS seeks to provide each student with the ultimate learning experience in all aspects of life, and I truly believe that I and my 43 classmates left the school with the tools needed to succeed on all levels. We are a responsible, mature, intelligent, and well-rounded group of people, attributes which we owe in no small part to our prep school education, the caring faculty, and the competitive environment we found at Fountain Valley School.

Fountain Valley School Of Colorado
6155 Fountain Valley School Road, Colorado Springs, CO  80911
Last modified Fountain Valley School Of Colorado is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Fountain Valley School Of Colorado Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top