Pikes Peak Christian School 1

Posted June 10, 2014
We moved to the area last year and decided to enroll my child here based on its Christian reputation and other parents' reviews from this site. I must say that I was totally and completely disappointed by the school and the lack of quality of the education that they delivered during the last academic year. The school is one of the most expensive in the area. The snacks given to the children (PreK and K) were unhealthy -- cookies most of the time. In addition, communication with instructors and director proved to be a real challenge. Moreover, they have no nurse on site available for the kids either (she might be there once a week if anything). What I found ironic was the fact that they celebrated Halloween but not Thanksgiving. The children didn't do anything special for such a Christian holiday. There is room for improvement indeed. However, I perceive that they will only strive on improving their bank account. After all, it's a business nevertheless.

Posted October 24, 2013
My kids go to Pikes Peak Christian School and we could'nt be happier with the education program as well as the strong Christian atmosphere. the teachers are incredible & would do whatever necessary to teach as well as minister to students. What I love about the school is that they allow students from all backgrounds to attend. They do not have to sign a faith contract, meaning they must be a Christian to attend. We believe that non Christian students & families need ministering to as well. For that reason, many have accepted Christ as their savior as well as matured in their relationship with Christ & that is the Great Commission. The school has a strong sense of family there as well. We all work together!

Posted September 11, 2013
We love PPCS so far! My daughter is in the Ready, Set, Go program, which is like a transitional kindergarten for kids who barely meet the kindergarten cutoff (she'll be 5 in October). I love that she is getting challenged more than she would if she had to return to a regular preschool class. We are a little over a month into the school year, and her writing has VASTLY improved. The kids go to PE, library, music, Spanish, and computers even at the preschool level! We moved to Colorado Springs over the summer from Massachusetts (which is known for its good schools), and I can't believe how much more she is learning at PPCS!

Posted October 22, 2012
This is our second year at PPCS. My son loves it. He wants to go to school everyday including Saturday and Sunday. He has learned so much here and we feel really blessed to have found this school.

Posted October 08, 2012
This is our third year at PPCS. It is the most nurturing, well balanced, all around amazing school in Colorado. Our daughter is taught about the love of Jesus in everything she does. The teachers care about their students. The students are respectful of each other. I have nothing negative to say about this school.

Pikes Peak Christian School 4

Posted March 13, 2012
Overall we are happy with the decision to switch our son over to PPCS. We were initially disappointed because the "advanced curriculum" that we were told was followed at PPCS is only in a classroom (not his). So in essence our son isn't actually learning anything new, academically. With that said we have still been happy with PPCS. His teacher is fantastic! She has been able to keep him involved and intrigued and she has been a help to his overall development. His social development is catching up to his academics and he enjoys school!! Each week his class has library, spanish, music, and computer (plus daily chapel). We wanted an environment for our son that fostered a love for God and for learning, and focused on the whole child (not just academics). Plus we needed to have a cooperative staff, but not push overs. PPCS has this environment. We feel the academics could be more rigorous, but we may be difficult to please in that category. There is "favoritism" as reviewers mentioned, but have seen it in every school I have observed. It is much less prevalent at PPCS than the other schools I have observed (high school and elementary).

Posted February 05, 2011
This is our first year with PPCS. My son is in 10th grade and we have been very impressed! Wish we had found it sooner. We felt welcomed from the first minute we entered the school. One thing that is different than past schools is there seem to be numerous grading opportunities. His whole grade isn't riding on one test or a couple assignments. We both really like this. The teachers are really good at posting grades on their on-line service "GradeLink." They do it quicker and more often that we have found at other schools. It would be nice, if teachers could post upcoming assignments and tests for planning purposes, but this does not seem to be done often. I would highly recommend this school. I think their tuition is reasonable and the smaller class size and personalized attention is amazing! There are currently about 84 kids in high school.

Posted October 25, 2010
I love Pikes Peak Christian because the teachers and staff are helpin us in the raising of our boys. The teachers are preparing our kids for college, living out an active faith before us, teaching the value of prayer and a close walk with Him. We are amazed at the change in discipline with our boys. They love school and they are loved by their teachers.

Pikes Peak Christian School 1

Posted August 21, 2010
PPCS does have some good qualities, but favoritism and nepotism run wild. The "Christian" part should be replaced with private as attention to behavior and dress code is severely lacking. Our children attended for several years, but we no longer felt comfortable with the environment and the administration does not seem interested in listening or solving any problems.

Posted June 14, 2010
I just graduated from PPCS this spring and I couldn't have asked for a better place to of spent these last four years. I've made some AMAZING friends whom I'm really going to miss. It was really nice haveing our daily chapels I definetely had people to always talk to when i had questions or doubts about my faith. Most of my favorite memories though happened during sports seasons. Our league is perfect giving everyone an opportunity to play but still being very competative. Don't let the 2A or 1A title fool you... there are still amazing players and incredible teams but we got the opportunity to pray together before and after each game. I love PPCS and would reccomend it to anyone. Thanks for all the memories and a great eductaion!!

Pikes Peak Christian School
5905 Flintridge Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80918
Last modified Pikes Peak Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Pikes Peak Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews.