Colorado Springs, CO

Posted January 09, 2015
Great staff, great environment. Teachers are actually invested in the school and care about the future success of their students.

Posted January 08, 2015
It is fantastic! I just graduated last year and had the privilege of going there for four years. The staff is very caring, engaged and knowledgable. The education that I gained there is not solely subject centric but life applicable. Every class session has the opportunity to branch out through the walls of the building and maintain its impact down the road. Another great thing is your ability to get involved, not just in one thing, but in as many as you wish. The school is not built on exclusion but inclusiveness. It is a community to its core. And that's why I loved it, am proud of it now and will recommend it in the future. Enroll! God bless!

Posted December 11, 2014
Our son has attended PPCS his entire high school years. He recently tested extremely high on his college exams and is being pursued for scholarships by many, many school all across the US. GOOD schools. The high school math, science and language arts teachers he's been blessed with are absolutely outstanding - not just committed to students, but also extremely accomplished in their own fields of study. I know this because I am an educator, too. Wherever you choose to send your kids, it's important to get involved and come alongside the students/staff. It's not only a wonderful way to see greatness in the classrooms, but also serves as a way to see the needs YOU can help with. Picking apart or griping about shortcomings (and EVERY school has them) accomplishes nothing; volunteering changes lives. Our world has came alive with rich friendships in our school community once both my husband & I began to really connect through service. I love each & every kid at PPCS and now think of them as "MY" kids. We love our PPCS family; I'll be so sad when our son graduates this year. It's a connection I don't want to lose.

Pikes Peak Christian School 1

Posted November 28, 2014
Very expensive, not the best education. They don't have a nurse available for the students. What I found odd is that they celebrated Halloween and not Thanksgiving.

Posted October 24, 2013
My kids go to Pikes Peak Christian School and we could'nt be happier with the education program as well as the strong Christian atmosphere. the teachers are incredible & would do whatever necessary to teach as well as minister to students. What I love about the school is that they allow students from all backgrounds to attend. They do not have to sign a faith contract, meaning they must be a Christian to attend. We believe that non Christian students & families need ministering to as well. For that reason, many have accepted Christ as their savior as well as matured in their relationship with Christ & that is the Great Commission. The school has a strong sense of family there as well. We all work together!

Posted September 11, 2013
We love PPCS so far! My daughter is in the Ready, Set, Go program, which is like a transitional kindergarten for kids who barely meet the kindergarten cutoff (she'll be 5 in October). I love that she is getting challenged more than she would if she had to return to a regular preschool class. We are a little over a month into the school year, and her writing has VASTLY improved. The kids go to PE, library, music, Spanish, and computers even at the preschool level! We moved to Colorado Springs over the summer from Massachusetts (which is known for its good schools), and I can't believe how much more she is learning at PPCS!

Posted October 22, 2012
This is our second year at PPCS. My son loves it. He wants to go to school everyday including Saturday and Sunday. He has learned so much here and we feel really blessed to have found this school.

Posted October 08, 2012
This is our third year at PPCS. It is the most nurturing, well balanced, all around amazing school in Colorado. Our daughter is taught about the love of Jesus in everything she does. The teachers care about their students. The students are respectful of each other. I have nothing negative to say about this school.

Pikes Peak Christian School 4

Posted March 13, 2012
Overall we are happy with the decision to switch our son over to PPCS. We were initially disappointed because the "advanced curriculum" that we were told was followed at PPCS is only in a classroom (not his). So in essence our son isn't actually learning anything new, academically. With that said we have still been happy with PPCS. His teacher is fantastic! She has been able to keep him involved and intrigued and she has been a help to his overall development. His social development is catching up to his academics and he enjoys school!! Each week his class has library, spanish, music, and computer (plus daily chapel). We wanted an environment for our son that fostered a love for God and for learning, and focused on the whole child (not just academics). Plus we needed to have a cooperative staff, but not push overs. PPCS has this environment. We feel the academics could be more rigorous, but we may be difficult to please in that category. There is "favoritism" as reviewers mentioned, but have seen it in every school I have observed. It is much less prevalent at PPCS than the other schools I have observed (high school and elementary).

Posted February 05, 2011
This is our first year with PPCS. My son is in 10th grade and we have been very impressed! Wish we had found it sooner. We felt welcomed from the first minute we entered the school. One thing that is different than past schools is there seem to be numerous grading opportunities. His whole grade isn't riding on one test or a couple assignments. We both really like this. The teachers are really good at posting grades on their on-line service "GradeLink." They do it quicker and more often that we have found at other schools. It would be nice, if teachers could post upcoming assignments and tests for planning purposes, but this does not seem to be done often. I would highly recommend this school. I think their tuition is reasonable and the smaller class size and personalized attention is amazing! There are currently about 84 kids in high school.

Pikes Peak Christian School
5905 Flintridge Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80918
Last modified Pikes Peak Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Pikes Peak Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top