No rating

Colorado Springs Christian

Private | K-12 | 782 students

Living in Colorado Springs

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $154,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted October 12, 2013

I am an alumni as well as a parent with both graduates and current students at CSCS. Our experience has been very good. The teachers are excellent. Both of our children that have graduated were well prepared for college and have excelled academically, socially and professionally due to the foundational teaching. The principals are exceptional as well and I appreciate that they take the safety of all the students seriously.

Posted August 17, 2013

My brother and I are both alumni (we each attended the school for 15 years; preschool, pre-K, K-12). I can honestly say I absolutely love this place. My brother and I had completely different experiences in high school, though. Even though he didn't enjoy his experience, he can't deny that what he learned there helped him excel through college, and I on the other hand, loved every second. Courses are either challenging or average. Most of the teachers are excellent at their job, and caring as well. I noticed one comment complaining about the abortion video shown in a WP class; students are by no means required to view it (the actual abortion clip is less than 4 minutes long). The commenter didn't mention the context of that video (it was about a pro-life argument using logic). Bottom line: CSCS along with my class and friends allowed me to grow my faith while receiving an amazing college-prep education, and I hope to send my kids there some day.

Posted August 13, 2013

CSCS is a great school academically, socially, spiritually and through community. The teachers and the coaches are wonderfully supportive and encourage parent involvement at all levels. We've been here 8 years and have had great interaction and communication at all levels of the school. Been through public school and there's no comparison. Highly recommend CSCS.

Posted June 22, 2013

CSCS is NOT at all what it appears to be! The Principal is very kind, sweet and sincere but also naive. We had our kids there for one year as it was all we could take. To all the parents who currently have children there, seriously folks wake up, speak up for your children!! If you have "to make an appointment" to have lunch with your child, something is wrong, if the teachers do not want parents involved in the class, something is wrong!!! This school is a "status thing" for most parents so they can brag "my child goes to private school". We ll to each there own but it is the children that suffer.

Posted April 29, 2013

The school needs better communication between teachers and parents. Emails are often never not returned by some teachers. I recommend that the school offer an opt out option for the actual, real abortion video shown to the 11th graders in western philosophy class. The parents found out that the video was shown after the fact. The school has gotten too big too quickly. They operate as if the school is half the size that it is. There is some bullying that goes on there but the principal does make it a point to address the issues with the bully immediately. The tution charged is more than what is delivered as far as as (some)teacher quality, quality of building, lunchroom or athletics. A few teachers are excellent, but it's hit or miss with that. There are no athletic fields at all, no track, no cross country trails, no soccer field, no football field, etc. Athletic fields that they use are off campus so transporting your student is a must since they don't shuttle students to the after school sports at the various fields. Not the worst school by any means, but it's certainly not worth the rising tuition cost..

Posted August 20, 2012

Having been a public school teacher for ten years and seeing the depletion of all the extra curricular and enrichment activities, I choose to put my daughter in CSCS instead of public school. Our experience was far better than I could have expected. The principal is the best administrator I have seen in 10 years of teaching. The teachers are very effective and truly care about the success of the children. The support staff is helpful, knowledgable, and just as effective. There are a number of quality enrichment activities and programs available to the students. The academic curriculum is both rigorous and challenging for the students. My experience with CSCS has been extremely positive and I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a high quality private Christ centered institution for their children. From the principal to the teachers, to the support staff, to the administration and office staff, this school is hands down the best school choice in the Colorado Springs area.

Posted August 20, 2012

Best school in Colorado Springs with quality academic and extra curricular programs. The school environment is that of a strong community, supported by an incredible staff of teachers, administrators, and support staff. The principal runs a quality educational program set to the highest standards.

Posted April 9, 2011

Everything excellent. A blessing of a school. Awesome curriculum, lots of programs, great Christian atmosphere, well-run.

Posted May 21, 2008

CSCS provides an excellent well-rounded program with rigorous academics, and great sports, music, and fine arts programs in a very safe environment. The Middle School is the perfect size - not too big and not too small for this critical developmental stage. The spiritual reinforcement is very important and something that can not be achieved at a public or charter school. I've been involved in many schools and can tell that CSCS has excellent leadership and staff all the way around.

Posted July 26, 2007

I would give this school 10 stars. I have had my oldest there since she was 4 yrs old. It's amazing what she learns there compared to her playmates in our neighborhood. It is a great school!

Posted September 8, 2006

We've had our children at CSCS for 7 years and we're very happy with the school. We think they do a great job.

Posted August 28, 2006

CSCS has provided a nurturing environment and strong academic programs to my children for several years. The school has adapted their academics to meet the varying needs of my children, sometimes making the work more challenging and other times making it more manageable. The music and athletic programs have been of a very high quality and help reinforce our family's values. Although my children have been at other very fine schools in town, CSCS is the place where they are being equipped, encouraged and challenged to be all they were created to be.

Posted May 29, 2006

It's a good school; the academics seem on-track. There are some very good teachers there. There is also a nice variety of extracurricular activities, but since it is a little smaller, the choices can seem a little limited.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 3, 2005

The quality of this school has been wonderful for the several years that our children have been attending. It's nice to have Christian values reinforced at school. There are many opportunities for parent involement.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (719) 268-2157

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious