Bad
Good

So i went here for k-3, and it was horrible.Granit, this was a while back, but the Principle and Vice-principle were horrible! They treated staff members with zero respect and handle things horribly. The teachers there were actually really amazing and helpful while i was there. However, the kids.. not so much. There was a ton of bully-like kids who were absolutely down right rude. And even when you tried to tell an adult, no one would care and nothing would happen. The TAG program was good tho, and the teacher i had was magnificent. But overall, id say this is a not too good school.

I have two children with very different personalities and academic strengths and weaknesses. Frontier has been terrific for them both. To me this has always had the feel of a homey neighborhood school in a middle class area. The parents participate in school activities, the PTA is wonderful, but most importantly my children not only love to go to school everyday; they have grown intellectually and emotionally. I keep reading negative comments about the administration, but I honestly have never felt anything negative. Both the principal and the vice principal I think have done a terrific job, and the school excels each year. Are their issues, well I'm sure each place has issues, but to my family and most importantly my children, this has been a wonderful experience.

The teachers are great at Frontier and work diligently with their students, despite the on going underlying tension from the current administration. It is unclear and unfortunate why the district does not bring in a more supportive leadership to this school. There could be more involvement in the PTA, but the work they do is amazing!

I've been working here a year now and it's a great school. Staff is all friendly and understanding. Want what's best for the students. Organized.

Our grandsons came to Colorado Springs from Tucson where they had attended private schools. The family researched public schools and decided to locate in the Frontier Elementary school boundaries. The teachers recognized that the boys were well educated and everyone at Frontier and District 20 has been proactive to ensure that the boys progress in their studies. The boys look forward to their TAG enrichment classes and their accelerated computer homework and they love to go to school. Currently, the District is working through the procedures to grade accelerate our youngest grandson. Our family's experience with faculty, staff, and administration at Frontier and District 20 has been very positive. Their actions prove that they truly endeavor to do what is best for their students.

My child went to Frontier Elementary School and I would suggest parents to look elsewhere. Most of the teachers were great but the administration lacked in professionalism and were not friendly. Yes, they did know the students names, but that alone does not make up a good educational support system. Frontier Elementary has an extremely high turn-over rate since the current principal and vice-principal took over many years back. Sadly, I heard the positive school environment dropped with this change in administration. Should those two ever leave the school, it would definitely be worth considering.

My child only attended this school for a short time we left due to the principal at the school. The administration at this school is dangerously unprofessional and unsafe. There are no checks and balances on them. Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to a very good teacher, it simply wasn't worth the risk. The good teachers leave in short order anyway, turnover rate is staggeringly high. I wish that I had read these reviews before enrolling my child at this school.

My children love this school! The teacher's are excellent and care about their students. Parent involvement could be better.

My daughter attended 1-5 at Frontier, and my son attended K-5 there. Every teacher we had was excellent. Volunteering at the school, I saw the surprising percentage of parents who do not communicate with teachers by email or scheduled conference... or at all, I guess. I suspect that those parents are often the ones who complain the loudest. Anyway, I was a "fly on the wall" in the workroom and was impressed to see teachers respecting each other, coordinating activities with other classes, and being careful to guard students' privacy. My volunteer work was restricted to non-academic tasks (like cutting out 1,000,000 shapes, sharpening pencils, shelving books, etc.). All of the classes I saw were orderly. The two principals know each child's name. My son had several incidents of being bullied, and after I talked with the teacher it stopped. I don't know what they did or who else was involved, but it worked. My children got a top-notch education at Frontier.

wow, I am somewhat surprised by some of the reviews. I had a child in preschool here with an IEP for a year and a half. We loved her teachers and she progressed very quickly to achieve all her goals and no longer needs an IEP. My older child has struggled with reading one year and math another year. Each year she received propper help and not only got up to her grade level but slightly exceded it. She loved her teachers and will miss the school greatly. They had an awesome art program this past year, as well as music (handbells and choir), and spanish, and a PE teacher who really cares about the kids. The only lacking thing i could see was parent involvement. It was the same small group of parents in each grade who do everything. All I can say is.....get involved!

Last modified Frontier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.