Colorado Springs, CO

Posted April 10, 2013
I moved in the middle of the school year after researching this school and it has lived up to my expectations. The teachers and staff have been very solution oriented with any concerns I might have brought up concerning my child. The communication between teacher, student, and parent is very transparent. I feel secure with my child in this school. The students seem to have more manners and are friendlier than the other school my child attended.

Posted August 11, 2012
Now that my son is moving on to high school, I think we're going to really miss Jenkins Middle. Through 8th grade he had excellent teachers. Mr Kulbacki and Mr Pickering especially went above and beyond! Thanks and GO JAGS :)

Posted May 28, 2011
Our family has been very pleased with Jenkins Middle School. I have a son who just finished and one who is about to start. Academically the school is top-notch. There are advanced classes in almost every subject and Pre-AP in the 8th grade. Double acceleration is available for math. I also know there is tutoring for students who need extra help. The teachers are very dedicated and top-notch as well. Mr. TerHorst, the principal, is wonderful. Very responsive to my concerns and at the school almost 24/7. The counselors are just as great. Mr. Janas is the best! Jenkins is also a very safe school. Safety of the kids is top priority, and that means physically and emotionally. Jenkins just won an award as a "school to watch" and I believe it is one of the best middle schools, if not the best, in the state of Colorado. There are clubs for every interest and our art teacher is super if that is your thing. You can't go wrong at this school.

Posted May 25, 2011
J-E J-E-N J-E-N-K-I-N-S JENKINS JAGUARS this is the best school ever! the teachers are really easy to bond with, they all have great teaching methods, we go over so much without realising it, there are clubs for EVERYONE, and help is there when u need it. i love this school so much that i actually dont want summer to start.

Posted March 31, 2009
I'm very happy at our school. Me and my friends are on the Parrot team and we have had lots of learning and fun this year and we are like totally busy every day. Some days we have lots of homework but we still do lots of cool things. I really like Mr.E we all call him docter evil LOL. Ms.Biggs is the best to- we cut up a cow heart ew! but kewl! I really do love jenkins.

Posted March 29, 2009
I currently have a 7th grader at Jenkins. This is our first year in CO schools. I have loved our Jenkins experience. Have met with guidance counselors on a few occasions as well as his teaching team. They have all been very receptive to my ideas about his learning. Looking forward to my daughter attending next year!

Posted December 08, 2008
jenkins was the best school ever and still is and it was really fun they have really good food to and i made my best friends there jessica,haley,danielle,and some other people and i loved the teachera there especially mrs.yonker the art teacher she was cool and i had really good time there omg every one should go 2 jenkins but i ended up moving to texas but i still go there and visit ..i love jenkins the teachers are really cool and so are the people and the food yum so i think if you wanna go try it you will love it ....!!!!!!!! - laura w

Posted September 22, 2008
Jenkins is the best middle school in Colorado Springs. The front office staff are excellent in all that they do, the teaching staff are constantly trying to improve... but most of all the technology supported by Mr. Moser is excellent. As the librarian there he is very willing to assist the teachers in the classrooms, the students with research and is always helping with technology in all the classrooms. What an asset.

Posted July 25, 2008
This is the best middle school in Colorado Springs. The Principal is the best & the kids love him! They are proud of their school & are constantly praised by the caring teachers.

Posted February 01, 2008
This schools has some of the best teachers ever! In the 6th grade Ms. Biggs is a very passionate teacher In the 8th grade Mr. Roden teaches my child so well in Geometry. Also Miss Yeager is one of the most educated in science and is willing to help any students with needs> Overall a very good school.

Jenkins Middle School
6410 Austin Bluffs Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO  80923
Last modified Jenkins Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jenkins Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top