Colorado Springs, CO
Students enrolled: 1,537

Liberty High School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 18, 2015
My child did 30+ hours of homework a week outside of school hours! I documented and gave to the school, but they didn't care.

Posted September 22, 2014
I have had three daughter attend this school from 2004 to 2014. Each year the school gets worse. Although they have a few teachers who are high quality, they tend to run the good ones off. The girls sports coaches are the worst in the state, especially softball and basketball. They are forever safe to damage children because the athletic director and coaches all seem to be related in some way. I would even go as far as to say they are abusive to their student athletes. The one exception to this is the new women's golf coach, Coach Courter, who actually seems to care and be a quality coach and person, therefore I am sure he won't last long at this school as he will more onto a better place soon. If I could do it all over again I would NEVER put one of my children in this school again. Stay away!
6 people found this helpful

Liberty High School 4

Posted September 15, 2014
I am responding to some of the more negative comments. I have received help from all of my teachers. You may have to wait 1-2 weeks for a report to be graded. However, please remember, teachers have multiple classes and 15-20 students in their classes. They are only human. They will help you with a problem, and, if they don't know how to, they will help you find someone that can. Classes may be harder, but you can always get more help. If you are failing, you, as the primary leader of your education, are expected to pull your grades up. Teachers will help you, but you need to know what your grades are and how to fix them. Students are not expected to go to four-year colleges or Ivy League Colleges. However, the staff lets students and parents know that this is an option. School spirit is important here. However, if you don't have as much as other people, then that's fine. Bullying is a problem that people experience everywhere, but I am not condoning it. Someone close to me was bullied, and the offender was punished, and not in a slap on the hand way. All in all, this school is a very good choice for a high school student.
2 people found this helpful

Liberty High School 5

Posted June 04, 2014
We just moved here last year and it was a hard transition for a High School freshman. While he did not like the school at first, at the end of this year I asked him to rate the school 1 to 10 and he gave it a 9. He liked his teachers, said the kids were friendly and participated in Cross Country and Lacrosse which was at PineCreek. I was happy to hear he likes his school and is doing well.

Liberty High School 3

Posted February 26, 2014
Liberty has great potential, but the facilities are holding it back from becoming a great school. There are 5 trailers that hold classrooms. Students have to leave the main building to get to class. The District's plan to solve this issue is to build a brand new school not to far away. This won't fix the problem because Liberty will be left with worn out materials and classrooms. I would love to reccomend this school for the amazing teachers, but the facilities are beginning to hinder learning!

Posted December 01, 2013
This is the worst school I've had to attend - out of five - by far. Administration cares more about how much their paycheck will be that week than what is in the best interest of the students. If a school where new students are unwelcome amongst their peers of kids who have grown up in the district, this is your school! Bullying is pretty acceptable as well- just ask the sophomore who was voted into homecoming court as a joke. Oh, and by the way, when the caring, involved administration was informed by several people and even given specific names of those responsible for starting the cruel "joke", nothing was done about it. These five star rating by parents are a joke. The next three semesters at that wretched place are going to be increasingly miserable as the administration continues to make changes that restrict us as a student body and accomplish exactly what they aim to prevent. It's extremely unfortunate that the few decent adults I've encountered at this school are surrounded with colleagues generally sour towards students that we as students are subject to.
2 people found this helpful

Liberty High School 4

Posted November 26, 2013
I have no idea what ANY of these one star reviews are talking about. Liberty has a nice clean campus, friendly community, FANTASTIC arts program and is overall one of the best schools in D20. The only valid complaint I've seen are the admins, they don't know how to plan very well or make appointments well and they are becoming more and more strict every year but overall I love this school.

Posted September 07, 2013
When I went to enroll my junior here, her counselor wouldn't even give us the time of day, she said we needed to make an appointment. I did this, kind of understanding the situation, but when we arrived for our appointment the following week, her counselor wouldn't let my daughter pick her classes, she said she was going to put her in anything available, I understood this for extra curricular classes, but she did it for the core classes too! My daughter told her multiple times that she needed to go into Pre-calculus, but she got stuck in Geometry! She also put my daughter into ADVANCED dance class, which happens to be a class that you cannot take unless you are an ADVANCED dancer, upon printing out her schedule, we found she had been stuck in 2 other advanced classes. On her first day, she had to ride the bus, i had been informed ahead of time that she would need an RFID card to ride (it's $0.50 a day to ride the school bus, and it's shared between middle and high school). We were told her card would arrive in the mail within 2 weeks, but it hadn't by the 1st day. I figured being the first day they would let it go, NOPE! The bus driver said she couldn't ride without a card!

Posted August 02, 2013
I do not recommend taking your child to this school if your child is not one of those super stars students. The teachers never tried to teach me what was important, they mostly put me down and made me feel bad about myself. For example, one of the most humiliating things I had to do was stay after school and ask a fellow classmate how to highlight words on a page. This was in an honors class. They did not help me learn, just tried to put me in my place it felt like.

Liberty High School 5

Posted October 16, 2012
This school is a very good school! I honestly have no idea what all these people are talking about bullying. I have not ran into bullying at all while at this school. The teachers and prinicpal are great. At Liberty, the academics are very strong and challenging, but the teachers are very willing to help you when you are struggling.

Liberty High School
8720 Scarborough Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80920
Last modified Liberty High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top