Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They do not deal with it at all and often times bully the victim even more!!! Disgraceful. They cater to students whose parents have money and that is shameful.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

There is no leadership. The principal is totally disengaged. The assistant principals and dean all have an agenda.

Develops character: Disagree

The more money you have, the more respected you are, even if you are a bully.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Some are effective, others are just there "teaching" a class so they can coach football, etc. I think this is true in most schools and it is unfortunate. An Honors English class taught by a football coach is totally ridiculous as it is obvious he knows nothing about English language skills. He spends most of his time imparting his political beliefs on the students and favors students that share his political agenda. What a shame and waste!!!

The principal is totally disengaged. Bullying is rampant and the administration does nothing about it. They tend to further bully the victim and barely say anything to the perpetrators. The academic counselors are never available for students. When questioned about this, the administration replied that they are entitled to a certain number of personal days and sick days and they can take them whenever they want. They have summers off, a week at Thanksgiving, two weeks at Christmas, a week at Spring break and countless other holidays and school closure days. You would think they could make an effort to be at the school when the students are! The week prior to school starting August 2016 they were never available for students. Administration said that the counselors had meetings and training to attend. Some of the teachers totally impose their political agenda on the students. Administration again does nothing. Perhaps a principal who is not disengaged could turn things around. Until then, I would avoid this school.

I attended this school from 2006-2010. I would say my experience was a classic high school one. I was a bit shy but did alright with friends. Absolutely never experienced bullying. In fact, I saw a collaborative battle against any sign of bullying from the majority of classmates while I was there. There's always that guy who sneaks some in that can't be avoided but it was usually seen and shut down quickly. School spirit was very high. I wasn't all that interested in school, but felt that whenever I had a question I immediately got the undivided attention of a teacher. I still look back at some of the teachers that I had that had a positive influence on me. I am sure I said at the time that homework was abundant, but looking back I hardly ever put time in at home even taking AP/Honors classes. Even if I had been, your going to school to learn and become proficient in broad subjects so if a lot of homework is the biggest hit a High School review has, then they are doing something right. I would have liked a bit of a better athletic department(a bit biased as a sports fan) but I understand that money doesn't fly out of the walls for public school systems. However, it always felt like the schools nearby had better facilities. That being said I enjoyed the sports I did play(captain my senior year of one), we were overall competitive against other schools, and i particularly liked the coaches I had. From what I observed, the other schools nearby had the nit picky down sides too though. To reiterate, it was an overall good high school experience that helped me get ready for the real world. I am now in Virginia with a great job and life that I sincerely feel would not have happened if I attended a different school. I am not trying to sell the school, but I hope a past student experience will help.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child did 30+ hours of homework a week outside of school hours! I documented and gave to the school, but they didn't care.

I have had three daughter attend this school from 2004 to 2014. Each year the school gets worse. Although they have a few teachers who are high quality, they tend to run the good ones off. The girls sports coaches are the worst in the state, especially softball and basketball. They are forever safe to damage children because the athletic director and coaches all seem to be related in some way. I would even go as far as to say they are abusive to their student athletes. The one exception to this is the new women's golf coach, Coach Courter, who actually seems to care and be a quality coach and person, therefore I am sure he won't last long at this school as he will more onto a better place soon. If I could do it all over again I would NEVER put one of my children in this school again. Stay away!

I am responding to some of the more negative comments. I have received help from all of my teachers. You may have to wait 1-2 weeks for a report to be graded. However, please remember, teachers have multiple classes and 15-20 students in their classes. They are only human. They will help you with a problem, and, if they don't know how to, they will help you find someone that can. Classes may be harder, but you can always get more help. If you are failing, you, as the primary leader of your education, are expected to pull your grades up. Teachers will help you, but you need to know what your grades are and how to fix them. Students are not expected to go to four-year colleges or Ivy League Colleges. However, the staff lets students and parents know that this is an option. School spirit is important here. However, if you don't have as much as other people, then that's fine. Bullying is a problem that people experience everywhere, but I am not condoning it. Someone close to me was bullied, and the offender was punished, and not in a slap on the hand way. All in all, this school is a very good choice for a high school student.

We just moved here last year and it was a hard transition for a High School freshman. While he did not like the school at first, at the end of this year I asked him to rate the school 1 to 10 and he gave it a 9. He liked his teachers, said the kids were friendly and participated in Cross Country and Lacrosse which was at PineCreek. I was happy to hear he likes his school and is doing well.

Last modified Liberty High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.