Colorado Springs, CO

Posted April 04, 2014
This school is horrible!!!! My child attended there for more than three years and without any problems until we kindly asked for help they refused to provide as suggested by his previous teacher. When they did not do what was supposed to be done, they all of a sudden became very difficult to work with. The current teacher and other staff including administrators had been trying to cover up all the problems and mistakes they had made within the school and my child along the way over those three years. The comment about "pocket people" is so true but has to do with the same administration, funny this comment was posted before my child attended this school! Many of the staff members have been nearly overhauled quite a few times within the last 6 years or so because of the above but no one seems to know that either. I am one concerned person that the ratings are improving with this school. So glad my child also no longer attends here because of the above, they don't treat kids or parents with respect at all.

Posted October 29, 2012
We love this school! It is such a great school and our children love going here!

Posted August 01, 2011
Simply the best bilingual elementary school. From the school principal, teachers and even parents are very involved in the students needs.

Posted May 15, 2011
If the last post about "pocket people" is really from a teacher, why is it they cannot spell the word principal correctly- twice? Good clue. Yes, the principal was voted best of District 20. Congratulations I say. With parents like you, this is a big accomplishment! How do you know 80% of staff and parents are against this principal? Where do you get your info? Teachers have more important things to do than post negative remarks on a website for parents. Move on to the school you feel is best for your student. It will benefit you, your child, and the poor staff members who have had to put up with you on a daily basis. By the way, your child is commonly referred to as "the apple that doesn't fall far from the tree". Why would you want that for your child? Again I'd like to ask the question-where is the page to rate the parents of this school?( Mrs. Brandenburg), the stars would be FEW! Go ahead, move your child to another school. And don t let the door hit you on the way out. If you are a staff member, please consider moving on. You are only hurting yourself and the students you work with by staying in a place you are not happy.

Posted April 20, 2011
The principle has a small handful of "pocket people" who follow her lead no matter how unethical and against the traditional high standards of District #20. It has gotten to the point of electing her as Principle of the Year which is against at least 80% of the opinion of other staff and parents. District #20 needs to investigate the inter workings of this school and it is rapidly going down hill and loosing many excellent teachers and families.

Pioneer Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Pioneer is an award-winning National School of Excellence. The teachers and administrators there are the very best in the country.

Pioneer Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2010
My son just eneded his 5th grade year at Pioneer. His teaher is truly an amazing man, able to bring an entire class into one working unit, that care about eachother. We have always loved Pioneer and the teachers and support staff are phenomenal! Unfortunately the administration leaves much to be desired. As evidenced by how many of the staff and good teachers are leaving due to conflicts with the prinicipal.

Pioneer Elementary School 0

Posted March 19, 2010
I am very disappointed in this school. The teacher's label the students with folders in what math group the kids are in, to the lowest and the highest. My daughter self confidence is at a low. I have asked for help and I get nothing! I count the days untill she is out of that school. I am a teacher at another school. I believe children our are future and it is up to us to leave behind a legacy.

Posted February 05, 2010

Posted July 13, 2009
I think Pioneer Elm is a wonderfjul School. I have 2 children there and they have both reseved extra help and are doing very well.

Pioneer Elementary School
3663 Woodland Hills Dr, Colorado Springs, CO  80918
Last modified Pioneer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pioneer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top