Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They take away supports from students who still need them. My child was doing well with the supports outlined in last year's IEP, but they arbitrarily decided to take away those supports to see if he would sink or swim. He has sensory and anxiety issues that are not being taken into consideration. Obviously they are not concerned about his mental health. They don't see or care about the meltdowns that happen immediately after he gets home from school, which is a direct result of the stress he experiences at school. I would love to see him unleash one of his tirades at school. They really shouldn't claim that the parents are part of the IEP - we aren't, unless we completely agree with their plans. They have forced us into homeschooling him due to their completely ignoring our concerns about his safety and well-being. Talking to a wall might have gotten better results...

There are other schools in D20 that would be a better option than Pioneer, especially if you have a child with an IEP or in special education. They don't listen to parents, they act like our concerns are an incovenience. I would love to stick around and watch their ill-conceived IEP fail miserably, but I won't leave my son in that environment just to prove my point. Prior to his most recent IEP, I truly thought they were a decent school to work with. After this IEP, and another horrible experience with a different D20 school when he was in kindergarten, my trust in the IEP process and special education is gone.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Kristen Harloff in the last week The school is absolutely incredible. We are new to the state and to the area and wanted to make sure that our sons we're going to district 20 schools. We happened into this neighborhood and the school has bent over backwards to make sure I've had everything that I needed in order to get my kids enrolled and started. They prepped their classes so much for their coming that when I checked him into the office two girls whom we didn't know (from my sons soon-to-be class) said hello to my son and said that they had been anticipating his arrival. We felt so welcomed and the principal has attended every meeting with us and is absolutely fantastic. My son has a special need he is visually impaired. The TVI at the school has been exceptional as well. They have made him feel completely comfortable and sought to meet his every need without me even needing to advocate for it. I feel so blessed to be a part of the school and this community.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Moving from Az at a B+ school & over 1000 students in one elm. We were shocked to see on 400 students here at Pioneer! Our son attended 5th grade & our daughter 1st grade for the last 2m (moved in mid March) Our daughter is now in 2nd & our son 6th. They absolutely love their school, the staff & parents are very involved. We are very involved parents & our kids education is #1. Our daughter who has struggled with learning delays (in Az she was was retained in kinder with almost no help from the AZ school besides simple groups & basically left to redo kinds with no help we paid teachers to tutor her with not much success) then we came here to Pioneer where they've offered outside tutoring for FREE 4x a week & meeting with us(the parents) to help us all(staff & parents) be on the same page & make sure she doesn't fall behind & gets the help she needs. I cannot rave enough about this school & all parties involved, the staff, PTA, parents all are so very kind, helpful & attentive to their students in making the best learning/teaching environment for all! Keep it up Pioneer!

Our family loves Pioneer! Not because it is in District 20 but because the administrators and staff members are devoted and care about what is best for kids. I LOVE the reading & writing curriculums they teach. I stand amazed at how well my children are learning the art of revision. They have built such stamina at Pioneer. Their love for reading has grown beyond my greatest hopes. The assemblies are such a fun way for families and the community to honor kiddos and their hard work. After all, it takes a village! We are so grateful for the expertise leading Pioneer! Thank you! Thank you!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Every month Pioneer works on a character trait and celebrates catching kids in the act of service. It's a great way to promote good citizenship naturally.

Last modified Pioneer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.