Bad
Good

This is my sons second year at TMS and we are thrilled. He has had caring and wonderful teachers. As a parent I had anxiety about middle school, but my son has made a great transition and is very happy here. This is a great school!

We love this school!! Absolutely fabulous. Amazing teachers and administrators. Both of my children are/we're very happy there. AVID rocks!

Love Love! My child requires extra help, and he always gets it. He loves his teachers. One thing that parents will sometimes complain about is that kids are placed in a cycle of specials classes fro 6th and 7th. My son is living proof that the school knows what they're doing. He freaked out to discover he had to take drama. Not only is it NOW his favorite class, he thinks he may want to pursue more. Really? We are so impressed with everything from the staff, cleanliness, safety, etc... even lunch. LOve this place.

All the students are very welcoming, and are surprisingly nice! The teachers (especially on Pack 743, 841, and 843) are all wonderful! NOTE: This school breaks each grade into 3 "packs" (depending on where you place in different classes and whether or not you're in AVID will determine which pack you're on) each pack has the same math, social studies, language arts, and science teacher, which helps teachers schedule tests and quizzes so that no one has more than 2 tests on the same day, and it also helps with planning curriculum to make sure you learn everything. The electives (exploratory classes) are all great, and all the teachers that I had (particularly the art teachers: Mrs. Pucci and Mrs. Klopfenstein) are really funny and understanding. The principal, Mr. Smith, is hilarious and helpful, and so are the counselors. I honestly wish I could have went longer, and I was actually really sad when school let out for the summer. It's definitely a school that you'll miss when you leave.

I went to Timberview for all three years and it was very influential. The teachers really cared about excelling, there were no limits, if a student had was so advanced that they could be three grade levels ahead in math, it was possible to do. If a student was struggling, teachers were always there to help. In my experience, even teachers who weren't my teachers were eager to help. There are a wide range of "exploratories" to choose from and band is popular. Band is so much fun as is choir, art, PE, drama and the other extracurriculars. There is no better school even in the district that has the same community as TMS.

This school is awful! While there are some great teachers there, the administration ruins everything. If your children do well and you don't have problems consider yourself lucky and give more credit where it's due....your child!!! They have so many principals on payroll they can't afford special ed services. Even teachers are unhappy there. I would not recomend them even though lots of people are happy there. No one advocates for your child there. They get out of everything they can with no respect for the education laws.

My daughter has been at TMS for three years and has excelled academically as well as socially. The teachers are fantastic and so is the rest of the staff. She will be moving on to Liberty next year with a 4.0 average for all three years. She has always been able to ask her teachers questions, stay after school if needed and they have always been available to her. If you can choose a middle school Timberview should be your choice.

My son is the happiest he has been in probably 2 years now that he is going to Timberview. He feels the teachers really care about him and he is holding a 4.0 adverage due to his excitment about learning. When I have written an e-mail to the teachers about questions they get back to me with in 12 hours and are very open to parents concerns. I have found this school to be one of the best in D20 and I'm so happy that my son loves school again.

overcrowded school, unfriendly to parental involvement, satisfied with total mediochrity, unwilling to help students who are struggling, In D-20, it's all abou the state funding, not about the children.

Timberview is one of the finest middle / junior schools I have known. The teachers are great, and really care about their students. The administration is wonderful. The facilities are among the best. The activities are at the 'top of their class'. Our older children were in other schools that did not come close in comparison to Timberview.

Last modified Timberview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.