Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

You know the minute you walk into CSCA it is a very special school. Warm and responsive staff, disciplined but happy students, and a focus on the fundamentals of curriculum and thinking. We don't know what the secret is, but somebody somewhere is doing something RIGHT in this school!

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

I asked for an evaluation for my daughter, they promised it for months with nothing. Nobody would help or listen to me.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Unable to even reach administration, good luck getting any help from them.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers do not effectively communicate, nor does the administration. It is hard to get an appointment with anyone, I went into The school they told me the best way to schedule an appointment was to email, emailed no response, called no response. Teacher was too busy playing with baby to talk about what was needed for my daughters class.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

4 hours of fighting a night for my daughter was way too much.

4-5 hours of homework a night no communication, when I tried to get an appointment with administration I couldn't. I was told it's best to email to schedule an appointment, emailed no response, called no response. The teacher was nasty to my daughter, told her that she'd become nothing. And actually made fun of her in front of the class on a daily basis. I could go on and on about the craziness of this school... and I know I'm not the only one. More parents are pulling their children. Do your research about this school

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The teacher actually bullied my daughter, told her that's she'd never get into college and called her out for taking too long on test.

Not the school I intended to be, please do your research first before considering.

My posterity is more important to me than myself, so I believe in leaving the world better than how I found it. Providing a proper education for children is crucial for this. CSCA provides the education this country needs now more than ever.

I am constantly telling my friends about this school. As a total compliment to the school, I tend to refer to it as the type of school a home school parent would send their child to. Some charter schools may have a specific focus, but they are still very much limited by what the public district says they can and cannot do. CSCA has much more control in their affairs. Plus, because they are so parent focused, that means we as the parents have much more of a say and a place that one would find anywhere else.. Anywhere you send your child to school, there will always be conflict because we are all human, but this is the kind of place that deals with the conflict as best as they can and moves forward for the good of everyone at the school instead of sweeping it under the rug or focusing on it too much. They are very structured and they manage everything they run VERY well to serve families and the surrounding community as best they can. The class sizes are moderate, but there is a teacher AND a teacher's aid for each classroom, which I think is a wonderful idea. It is a phenomenal facility, rigorous curriculum, and full of wise, efficient fundraising efforts. CSCA has a strong focus on good character, hard work, and valuing others, which I feel is even more important than the facts and figures at a point.. I literally could go on and on and on, but I'll stop there. I love our school!

Last modified Colorado Springs Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.