Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Posted January 19, 2016
This has been a Great school for our family. We currently have one child that attends and are excited about our other to join in next year. The school staff has a great desire to build a school that is a great place for kids. The school cares about families, and I think its great that they make such an effort to involve the families with the school. It provides an even and healthy balance of learning both at home and school.

Posted December 07, 2015
All of the staff at this school has gone way above in every way possible to provide a caring and positive environment for childhood development. I always recommend this school to anyone looking to put their child in the right direction for education.

Posted November 05, 2015
Wonderful school! We've been at the school for 3 years now and had nothing but positive experiences. I absolutely love the volunteer requirements because it cultivates a great learning environment and community for the entire school. As a parent I want what's best for my child, and that includes me being involved in their school! There are so many ways I am able to do this and truly make a difference. The head of school is fantastic and my daughter has had a great experience with every one of her teachers. In addition to great community, the school has second to none academics. I'm quite often shocked and impressed by what the kids are learning. And if community and academics weren't enough, the school very strongly focuses on developing admirable character traits. Kids learn about respect, self-control, responsibility and so much more on a weekly basis! We did our homework before we chose a school for our kids - and it had certainly paid off here!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 05, 2015
The school's guidelines for homework is 10 minutes per grade level (ex. 2nd grader 20 min, 3rd grader 30 min.) - as my daughter has been working her way up through grade levels the homework has increased, but still seems very much appropriate and within the guidelines!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 22, 2015
Not all the teachers, but a few are absolutely horrible. Not teaching lessons, telling kids they only teach once and if they don't pick it up not their problem.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 22, 2015
My children have homework nightly. 1-2 hours every night even Fridays. This school pushes so much work because teachers aren't doing their job.

Posted October 20, 2015
Outstanding team of professionals from the bottom to the top. Academic excellence is expected and taught with a compassionate tone. Very safe school with great follow up on discipline issues.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 19, 2015
Hours of school work are given 5 days a week. It is hard to watch your child at school for 8 hours , then home doing homework for another 2.

Colorado Springs Charter Academy 1

Posted October 19, 2015
There are good teachers and not so good teachers here. Unfortunately one of my kids has a horrible teacher that bullies and could care less about actually teaching. I've brought this up with the principal and so has several other parents. The principal has done nothing to my knowledge to fix anything. We've done like so many and left. The school has a great curriculum, but no leadership. The principal should be focusing on the kids and what is good for them, not on covering up horrible teachers and covering his but!

Posted September 17, 2015
My youngest child is now in her last year at CSCA, having attended since kindergarten. In those nine years she has become a scholar, a performer, an ambassador, and a citizen-in-training. The school's attention to every student, demanding curriculum, and caring staff are why. I see leadership truly committed to student excellence while still being compassionate. And I see a culture of appreciation for achievement, something we miss too often in traditional neighborhood schools--all in a stately and inspiring campus. The future for Colorado Springs Charter Academy looks as bright as any, and it's a school I go out of my way to tell new parents about.

2577 North Chelton Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80909
Last modified Colorado Springs Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colorado Springs Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 105 reviews. Top