Public charter
Colorado Springs, CO

Posted November 03, 2014
This is an outstanding school for families who want to be involved. We have been here for 4 years and seen it grow and improve every year. You will not find it stagnant, as the staff are always implementing innovations, and I believe always trying (and usually) improving. As with other schools we have been at, this starts at the top. The Principal has been here three years and does a great job. Not afraid of change or making the tough calls. The teachers are professional and friendly, and really know their business. If you are looking for a cookie cutter school, move along, this is not for you.

Posted October 22, 2014
I used to go to this school. It was amazing! I went from kindergarten to 5th grade and I haven't regretted it. The students RARELY bully, everyone is so nice and helpful, and all the teachers and staff are nice and fun. The curriculum is great. I learned a lot. When I switched schools (because I moved) the teachers barely even taught me anything new! When I went to language arts, they started teaching me about proper and improper sentences, and what is a noun and a verb and adverb and adjective and etc, but i was like, " I already learned all this back in first grade!" And I always said things like that in every subject. This school also starts teaching other languages starting in first grade! I have really gotten far in this school,and I'm sure you/your children will do well, too! Amazing school. I would have rated it 10 stars if I could. GO TO CSCA!!!!!

Posted June 22, 2014
My kids are doing really well and we have had a really good experience with the staff. As with all schools, you will always find a bad teacher here and there.

Posted June 22, 2014
Great school with great teachers! I have two children here and they are both performing very well. There is a lot of homework and parent involvement required, but it is well worth it! My son was under performing in K in a different school, but excelled here in first grade. We have had a great experience with the staff. As with any school, Very pleased!

Colorado Springs Charter Academy 1

Posted May 18, 2014
If I had a choice of negative stars, I would. This school is awful. They have had 3 different principles in the past 2 years and the teacher turn over is ridiculous! The principle allowed someone I did not approve, to pick up my child. My nephew was not allowed to go to the bathroom during class and, as a result, peed in his pants... On THREE different occasions! After the current principle was consulted, he spoke with the teacher and she blatantly lied. Every parent I have talked to at this school is pulling their child out. I would never recommend this school to anyone!

Posted April 29, 2014
My school is Colorado Springs Charter Academy, My grandson started this year and I am amazed his report card has 10 a's and one B+ He loves school and comes home and shares what he has done that day, not just saying all was fine, but actually tells us things he's learned. The Musical was excellent and on time and the auditorium was packed. This does show parent participation. When he first started he was a little anxious after going to a private school however, it was not long and he felt very welcomes and met new friends. I really believe all his needs are met and he is getting an excellent education. I have always liked private schools as all 7 of my children attended. The price however, is not compatible to my daughters salary so this school was rated as one of the top that was not only convient but we did know some of the teachers. I felt this was an excellent choice that my daughter made. I do believe charter schools will be a thing of the future. They do also make for a great education. I do hope this charter school keeps in good standing and keeps it's education at the top of the line that is so important for our children today in order to succeed in the world today.

Posted October 26, 2013
This is my granddaughters first year at Colorado Springs Charter Academy. So far, it has been great. She had a wonderful review during parent/teacher conference and part of it is because she likes her teacher and she even enjoys wearing a uniform to school. Her teacher has done a great job in stressing the need to finish homework and to bring it back! Making the student responsible for their homework is a good starting point to learn how important their education is. The only improvement is the need for a great air conditioning unit installed for our hot summer days!

Colorado Springs Charter Academy 2

Posted September 11, 2013
The problem with CSCA in my opinion is poor administration and an extremely high turn over rate for teachers. My kids went there for three years, but we could see the handwriting on the wall. Every time they found a teacher they (and we) liked, the teacher would end up leaving. Some of them in the middle of the year.. When speaking with a couple of teachers that were leaving, I seemed to get the same answer as to why: they were not treated with respect, asked to work long hours without being paid, and felt a general lack appreciation. It's too bad, because the school has some wonderful qualities including a great curriculum, and a super location. Until some changes are made at the top however, I couldn't recommend it to friends or family.

Posted September 10, 2013
CSCA is a place where kids can be kids and also get the education and character development they are going to need for their futures. This is our second year there and we couldn't be happier!

Posted January 30, 2013
This is our first year and so far we love it. I am very impressed with how helpful the students are. There is always someone ready to hold open a door- they are great citizens. My daughter loves her teacher and I feel a genuine concern from the teachers and school leaders alike.

Colorado Springs Charter Academy
2577 North Chelton Rd, Colorado Springs, CO  80909
Last modified Colorado Springs Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colorado Springs Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top