Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)

I am constantly telling my friends about this school. As a total compliment to the school, I tend to refer to it as the type of school a home school parent would send their child to. Some charter schools may have a specific focus, but they are still very much limited by what the public district says they can and cannot do. CSCA has much more control in their affairs. Plus, because they are so parent focused, that means we as the parents have much more of a say and a place that one would find anywhere else.. Anywhere you send your child to school, there will always be conflict because we are all human, but this is the kind of place that deals with the conflict as best as they can and moves forward for the good of everyone at the school instead of sweeping it under the rug or focusing on it too much. They are very structured and they manage everything they run VERY well to serve families and the surrounding community as best they can. The class sizes are moderate, but there is a teacher AND a teacher's aid for each classroom, which I think is a wonderful idea. It is a phenomenal facility, rigorous curriculum, and full of wise, efficient fundraising efforts. CSCA has a strong focus on good character, hard work, and valuing others, which I feel is even more important than the facts and figures at a point.. I literally could go on and on and on, but I'll stop there. I love our school!

We are a military family and had to move right in the middle of the school year. I was not happy with the reviews and report card from the school she would have been assigned to and I am so blessed CSCA had an opening for my daughter. The staff from the very beginning made our transition seamless. The curriculum is quite challenging compared to her previous school. The 1st grade teachers were amazing at getting her up to speed. By the end of the year she was considered advanced in most subjects. The staff is very focused on the success of students academically and on core values. I have a 30 minute drive to the school but it is completely worth it.

We have three kids. Our oldest started at CSCA in 2008, and our youngest just started last year. The curriculum is challenging, the teachers are communicative and supportive, the staff is friendly and helpful. Bullying is not tolerated, providing a safe environment for the kids. We have been very happy at CSCA. What a great school!!

Amount of homework: Agree

Each year, the teachers start the year by communicating with the parents about homework. The teachers tell the parents how much time to expect their child to spend on homework each night - this time changes depending on the grade level. And the teachers ask the parents to let them know if their child is spending more time than expected. They are very communicative!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Good character values are consistently taught in the classrooms and within the school as a whole. They are further promoted through various awards and recognition.

CSCA is a smaller school, with a strong emphasis on academics and character values. The staff are kind and very dedicated to the kids. Parents are encouraged to be involved, and it is easy to build relationships with the teachers, principle, and other staff at the school. Even though CSCA is a smaller school, it is very proactive about maintaining and upgrading its facilities. In the three years time that my family has been at CSCA, they have renovated their library, opened a very spacious computer lab, put in a new gym floor, and are currently working on a new playground. The staff and parents of CSCA take pride in the school, and that trickles down to the students. I have been very grateful to have found a school that I feel so comfortable sending my child to.

The immense academic structure fortified with an extremely caring principle and faculty has led my children to embark on a stimulating, eye opening experience. The campus is well groomed, there appear to be extensive teacher involvement outside of class and a high regard for parental support. I would recommend CSCA to any parent contemplating the start of school or a switch.

This has been a Great school for our family. We currently have one child that attends and are excited about our other to join in next year. The school staff has a great desire to build a school that is a great place for kids. The school cares about families, and I think its great that they make such an effort to involve the families with the school. It provides an even and healthy balance of learning both at home and school.

All of the staff at this school has gone way above in every way possible to provide a caring and positive environment for childhood development. I always recommend this school to anyone looking to put their child in the right direction for education.

Wonderful school! We've been at the school for 3 years now and had nothing but positive experiences. I absolutely love the volunteer requirements because it cultivates a great learning environment and community for the entire school. As a parent I want what's best for my child, and that includes me being involved in their school! There are so many ways I am able to do this and truly make a difference. The head of school is fantastic and my daughter has had a great experience with every one of her teachers. In addition to great community, the school has second to none academics. I'm quite often shocked and impressed by what the kids are learning. And if community and academics weren't enough, the school very strongly focuses on developing admirable character traits. Kids learn about respect, self-control, responsibility and so much more on a weekly basis! We did our homework before we chose a school for our kids - and it had certainly paid off here!

Last modified Colorado Springs Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.