Bad
Good

Discovery Canyon Campus School 3

Posted May 20, 2016
This school has had 9 suicides in the last 4 years. two Suicides happened just this week. This school needs an intervention! bullying is out of hand

Posted April 21, 2015
My 2 children have gone here for 2years....wonderful school! We absolutely love the teachers!! Love that the schools is all grade levels....way easier with multiple children in different levels of school. Not sure about the new principal but other than that....love love this school!

Posted November 11, 2014
Worst school EVER! Went there for 2 years just god awful.... I would not recommend this school to anyone. To much bullying, teachers that don't even teach. If I could rate this school 0 stars I would, just awful.... so glad I'm going to Air Academy now

Posted October 31, 2014
The principal chews gum while making presentations, dresses too casual, he is more into football scores than academics and allows his teachers to be disrespectful to students and parents. It could be a good school, but the high school principal is not professional. I would guess he is skating until retirement. The band director's ego is too big for his skill set. He can't retain students due to his poor attitude and his program is lacking advancement for good musicians. If you are his teacher's pet then you get accolades, if not, you are overlooked and will not learn even if you are the better musician in the class. There are a few good teachers, but most are unresponsive and allowed to be unresponsive by the principal. My child is an all "A" student in honors and AP classes so doing fine in spite of the principal and teachers. Too bad the admin and teachers lack professionalism and pride in their work.

Posted August 10, 2014
This is a great school. It is such a pleasure to have your kids come home from school with a smile and be excited about what they are learning and the friends they have made.

Posted June 14, 2013
If you love your children, do not send them here.I was bullied all throughout middle school, but the worst time was when I was on the bus one afternoon, and I got beat up by this girl I didn't even know. I was hurt pretty badly. I came home with a broken nose, and bruises and scrapes everywhere on my body. I told my mom what happened and she reported it to the school. The school checked the bus tapes and sure enough, it was clear as day. However, they told me that there was "not enough evidence" to do anything about it. I was told that the only way they could do something about it is if I asked people I knew that had also been bullied by this girl to report it. Sure enough 10-15 people then made true reports. The following week I was told to "drop it" because apparently someone had pushed the girl and they immediately linked it to me because I seemingly had a "grudge" against her. I continued to get bullied the rest of my time at dcc but I never reported it because they simply don't care. A year later the police called the school because I had attempted suicide because of repetitive bullying. They said they had no idea it was happening, and even after that they did nothing.

Posted May 16, 2013
I've gone to three high schools. Trust me, this is by far the best of the three. The social divisions among students is much less severe than the other high school I have been to and since there is very heavy military presence, it is fairly easy to make new friends. You can always find something to complain about, but it is better to look at the school as a whole. DCC is a beautiful school, which, for the most part, has excellent and caring teachers. The teachers and administration are much more relaxed compared to my others schools, which can be annoying when you add in less mature students, but if you are serious about your education, I see this as a good thing. If you really want to succeed and work hard, you will. The AP courses provided are pretty good, and I felt prepared for the tests. I just wish they would add more AP courses such as AP Physics and an official AP Chemistry course. I'm proud to have graduated from this school. Oh, and to the person who said the parking lot was like a maze... What?

Discovery Canyon Campus School 4

Posted May 09, 2013
I have two children in the elementary school. One finishing 1st, the other 4th grade. In the beginning of the year, I was not very impressed. My son was put in a classroom where they had just moved a 5th grade teacher down to 1st grade and she was a huge disappointment. The young lady (only 2nd year teaching) realized this though and resigned about a month into school. They hired a super young lady, just out of college and I thought we were IN FOR IT!! Fortunately, this gal had her act together and made the very best out of a pretty bad situation. I think the administration could have helped the new gal out quite a bit more to get the class organized, so it took until around Thanksgiving before the class was truly in order and kids were on track. After all that though, it has been clear sailing! The new first grade teacher does her very best to differentiate in class and is very open to parent involvement. My daughter's 4th grade teacher has had it dialed in since the beginning. She is phenomenal when it comes to writing and language arts. DCC also has a "talented and gifted" program for kids that are above grade level, allowing kids to reach their full potential.

Posted April 03, 2013
High school principal dresses too casual. Lead by example to the students. He lacks leadership over his teachers and counselors. The good ones are good, but they are few and far between. When you point out how unprofessional teachers react, the principal disregards. Eventually, when several of us parents tell the principal something, ignoring it is not leadership it is lazy. Find your professional attire and professional leadership. The school is going downhill under Bailey's lack of leadership.

Discovery Canyon Campus School 2

Posted March 01, 2013
The principal is not a leader at the school. I find most teachers to be lazy and unresponsive to parents questions. Some teachers know less about what is going on in the school than parents. Some teachers don't teach and the kids have to teach themselves. Many poor quality teachers and I don't understand how they keep their jobs year after year. Overall, it is a disappointment.

Discovery Canyon Campus School
1810 North Gate Boulevard, Colorado Springs, CO  80921
Last modified Discovery Canyon Campus School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.