Bad
Good

The teachers at this school have been so great. They are engaged and excited about teaching. The special education has been wonderful as well. My kids have had good experiences for the last three years at DCC. They are excited about going to school each day. My heart goes out to the kids who have had bad experiences. I would say that there are more kids that have good experiences though. I have three kids in Elementary and one in Middle.

The teachers are amazing, they always help you to stay on top of your academics . But the truth about whats going on inside those brick walls is they cant control bullying or suicides. I was bullied and they couldnt fix it . One of my friends comminted suicides because it was to much. Its a great school but somebody needs to take control.

I don't know why the bad reviews. The school is on top of bulling and suicide prevention. My children enjoyed going to school and did very well. If you have a child that needs Special Ed they are great they listen and help a lot. My oldest graduated from DCC and they prepared him for college and my two younger kids did very well and will miss DCC for we moved out of state.

This school has had 9 suicides in the last 4 years. two Suicides happened just this week. This school needs an intervention! bullying is out of hand

My 2 children have gone here for 2years....wonderful school! We absolutely love the teachers!! Love that the schools is all grade levels....way easier with multiple children in different levels of school. Not sure about the new principal but other than that....love love this school!

Worst school EVER! Went there for 2 years just god awful.... I would not recommend this school to anyone. To much bullying, teachers that don't even teach. If I could rate this school 0 stars I would, just awful.... so glad I'm going to Air Academy now

The principal chews gum while making presentations, dresses too casual, he is more into football scores than academics and allows his teachers to be disrespectful to students and parents. It could be a good school, but the high school principal is not professional. I would guess he is skating until retirement. The band director's ego is too big for his skill set. He can't retain students due to his poor attitude and his program is lacking advancement for good musicians. If you are his teacher's pet then you get accolades, if not, you are overlooked and will not learn even if you are the better musician in the class. There are a few good teachers, but most are unresponsive and allowed to be unresponsive by the principal. My child is an all "A" student in honors and AP classes so doing fine in spite of the principal and teachers. Too bad the admin and teachers lack professionalism and pride in their work.

This is a great school. It is such a pleasure to have your kids come home from school with a smile and be excited about what they are learning and the friends they have made.

If you love your children, do not send them here.I was bullied all throughout middle school, but the worst time was when I was on the bus one afternoon, and I got beat up by this girl I didn't even know. I was hurt pretty badly. I came home with a broken nose, and bruises and scrapes everywhere on my body. I told my mom what happened and she reported it to the school. The school checked the bus tapes and sure enough, it was clear as day. However, they told me that there was "not enough evidence" to do anything about it. I was told that the only way they could do something about it is if I asked people I knew that had also been bullied by this girl to report it. Sure enough 10-15 people then made true reports. The following week I was told to "drop it" because apparently someone had pushed the girl and they immediately linked it to me because I seemingly had a "grudge" against her. I continued to get bullied the rest of my time at dcc but I never reported it because they simply don't care. A year later the police called the school because I had attempted suicide because of repetitive bullying. They said they had no idea it was happening, and even after that they did nothing.

I've gone to three high schools. Trust me, this is by far the best of the three. The social divisions among students is much less severe than the other high school I have been to and since there is very heavy military presence, it is fairly easy to make new friends. You can always find something to complain about, but it is better to look at the school as a whole. DCC is a beautiful school, which, for the most part, has excellent and caring teachers. The teachers and administration are much more relaxed compared to my others schools, which can be annoying when you add in less mature students, but if you are serious about your education, I see this as a good thing. If you really want to succeed and work hard, you will. The AP courses provided are pretty good, and I felt prepared for the tests. I just wish they would add more AP courses such as AP Physics and an official AP Chemistry course. I'm proud to have graduated from this school. Oh, and to the person who said the parking lot was like a maze... What?

Last modified Discovery Canyon Campus School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.