Bad
Good

This school needs teachers that know how to handle and care for children with disabilities. .. I give this school a big thumbs down and the assistant principal sucks and is mean to the kids I don't give them any stars!!!! But have to give one star to have my voice heard not by choice...

My son use to go here before and the kids were bad. There are a lot of kids living in poverty here. Single parents and even grandparents raising these kids. Kids ganged up on kids in my son`s 3rd grade class and they said a lot of bad words. One time my son came home with marker on his shirt and shoes. He was very stressed out with the pressure of these bad children. My niece is in 8th grade here and she loves it. Her work is advanced too. My other niece goes here too and she is learning Spanish and sign language. She is in first grade. My son now in 5th grade at Atlas Prep will be returning next year to Mountain Vista. When it comes to middle school in district 2 no one is advanced as Mountain Vista. I wish I never pulled him out. What a big mistake I made. Do not go to Atlas Prep. They are not doing better than last years test. Last years test is not doing better than the years before either.

This school really embodies the word "Community". Older siblings and cousins are seen bringing younger family members to school and helping them with homework. The staff works together to help students reach their full potential. The principal and assistant principal (both new to the school in 2011) are knowledgable, approachable and focussed on student success. The teachers are highly trained in order to keep students engaged in learning and accommodations are made for students who perform below OR above grade level. Mountain Vista Community School is a great place to work and learn!

WONDERFUL SCHOOL, MY KIDS ARE VERY HAPPY , THEY ARE GONNA BE FOREVER IN THERE. THANKS!!

If you are a military family, think twice before sending your child here! While it does have some excellent teachers, (Ms. Woods-kindergarten, & Ms. Cyr- 1st grade) the admin makes this school, as a whole, a very unpleasant experience. The principle is very nice. The vice principle, although new this year, is condescending and will hold his 14+ years over your head when approached with an issue. (without knowing what experience you might have) I dislike the counselor- I approached her about lack of ANY programs for children of deployed parents in the military, and she informed me that due to the poverty level of this school, they simply cannot cater to military children. (exact words) The Admin at the front desk, minus one outstanding woman (Ms. Louise) , could really use a class on professionalism. MANY of the students here have parents who do not speak English, and a couple of times my child's homework was mistakenly sent home in all Spanish. The school does not utilize the resources it has, with parents or children.This school does not welcome ANY feedback or ideas. There are some really ANGRY parents with kids here. LOOK AT TEST SCORES OF THIS SCHOOL! Terrible school!

Excellent school. They have taken my child who didn't bother to even turn in schoolwork last year and turned her into a B student who is engaged and learning for the first time. I cannot recommend this school enough, and suspect those that do not like the school are those that refuse to do the work the school requires of the parents to make sure their child succeeds. If you are a lazy parent do not send you child to this school.

My daughter started the school year at this school and we had multiple issues. The amount of homework assigned is absurd and it is all busy work, nothing meaningful. Her teacher told us my daughter was having trouble paying attention, even though she was brand new and didn't know the school or classroom's routines yet. However, I decided to take her to her doctor on my own and had her evaluated for ADHD. When I informed the school she did have ADHD, the counselor didn't even want to meet with her at all and the school didn't want to evaluate her for services or help us at all; it was all on us. Some members of the office staff are rude and the school overall has very poor parent communication. After 6 weeks of suffering at this school, we transferred my daughter to another school. We didn't want to have to uproot her but we are very happy we made this decision.

Think twice before sending your kids to school here. While some teachers and staff are terrific, some are down right horrible! We have only been at this school for 3 weeks and I am so disgusted we are moving our kids immediately! We moved from NY and I would NOT make my kids make ANOTHER scary transition if I did not have ample reason to do so. Very long days, simple care to welcome new students does NOT exist. I cannot bash the entire staff across the board, there are some gems in there. However, any adminstration that allows kids to go without milk on their first day of school, hires brand new teachers with no experience for Kindergarten, and fails to proof read documents passed out to students and parents at an after school literacy event will not have the chance to teach my children.

The Principal Ms. Cooper, needs to get her stuff together as a principal she has drop the ball on my children to many times. The school also lost very imporatnt paper work that had my husbands social security number on it. Still to this day I was told they mis place my paper work. The teachers are great, there Admin staff which is the Principal has poor cummincation skills

Great school, great administrators and excellent facilities!

Last modified Mountain Vista Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.