Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My third grader had an issue with another student teasing him and hitting him (once). It was handled immediately and effectively.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

It is perfect for students with different learning styles. Arts are incorporated. Teachers differentiate.

All three of my boys have attended this school. The teachers are dedicated and creative. The arts are incorporated into every aspect of learning. They have band and orchestra!! My middle son is about to "graduate" fifth grade, and I wish I could keep him with these teachers; they care about my boys so much! I can't say enough positive things about da Vinci! It is, by far, the best school in the city. The staff keeps the fun in learning!

Outstanding school. Innovative, hands on learning with amazing teachers and staff. Excellent choice for gifted students as there are many, many opportunities for enrichment. The school also does a great job of accommodating different learning styles.

TdVA is a great school. Both of our kids have attended here from K all the way through 5th grade so we have seen all of the teachers at each grade. The teachers care greatly about the progress of all their students and there are plenty of activities and clubs for them to participate in. Not sure why this school gets a 7 out of 10 based on test scores (at the time of this review) because it definitely deserves better.

They place a lot of value on accountability, communication and the arts. My son is excelling in this school

This is our first year at this school, and my children love it. My husband and I are very pleased. We moved from the east coast, from a district where we were very happy, so we were apprehensive about the change. We are in D20 but choice in from out of the TDVA area. I can't comment much on the administration. I don't know the vice principal, but we've never had behavioral issues with my kids so I wouldn't expect to know her. I've had limited contact with the principal. I don't know how her leadership is, but I do know that my kids' classroom teachers work very hard and my kids are doing very well. The open area concept can be difficult at times but the teachers do well with it. Some of the class sizes should be reduced or paraprofessionals brought in to help; however with shrinking budgets I know that's not always an option. My kids feel safe and the few issues we've had with other children have been addressed appropriately. I always feel welcome to volunteer at the school and parent-teacher communication is excellent.

This school has been the biggest disappointment since moving to Colorado. Before moving to Colorado my husband and I did our homework and payed extra to live in the district 20 zone. Also we were told Davinci was a great school. It is awful. The administration does absolutely nothing! They are barely visible. Most parents I talk to don't even know who the principal and assistant principal are. The principal does not do her job. She doesn't hold kids accountable for their behavior and minimizes incidents that need to be taken seriously. Safety is not taken seriously here. Parents walk around all the time and one assumes they are a parent but who knows they could be a creep. They need to get new administration fast. The school rating went from a 9 last year to an 8 at the beginning of this school head to a 6 by the end of this year. Parents in district 20 expect a higher eating and better quality than that. The superintendent needs to get involved!

We moved to this school after spending 2 1/2 years at AIES. Our experience has been interested teacher partnership and the principal is focused on teacher development. The programs seem designed to incorporate fun into learning as opposed to creating an environment that is only about the top 20% and pushing the rest into IEP/ILPs. Parent volunteering is highly encouraged and can definitely give you a voice to make a difference.

Administration doesn't care. I used to believe the teachers did. Not anymore. This is our 5th year at this school, and we are so glad to be moving on. The TaG program is a joke. Students are not encouraged to do their best. Four years ago I gave this school a 5 star rating. Today, I'd give it 0 if I could.

Last modified The Da Vinci Academy School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.