Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 14, 2016
TdVA is a great school. Both of our kids have attended here from K all the way through 5th grade so we have seen all of the teachers at each grade. The teachers care greatly about the progress of all their students and there are plenty of activities and clubs for them to participate in. Not sure why this school gets a 7 out of 10 based on test scores (at the time of this review) because it definitely deserves better.

The Da Vinci Academy School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 12, 2015
Mrs. Dalrymple is amazing!! She's very passionate about her work and works very well with all of the children! My son loves her!!

Posted October 12, 2015
They place a lot of value on accountability, communication and the arts. My son is excelling in this school

Posted April 23, 2014
This is our first year at this school, and my children love it. My husband and I are very pleased. We moved from the east coast, from a district where we were very happy, so we were apprehensive about the change. We are in D20 but choice in from out of the TDVA area. I can't comment much on the administration. I don't know the vice principal, but we've never had behavioral issues with my kids so I wouldn't expect to know her. I've had limited contact with the principal. I don't know how her leadership is, but I do know that my kids' classroom teachers work very hard and my kids are doing very well. The open area concept can be difficult at times but the teachers do well with it. Some of the class sizes should be reduced or paraprofessionals brought in to help; however with shrinking budgets I know that's not always an option. My kids feel safe and the few issues we've had with other children have been addressed appropriately. I always feel welcome to volunteer at the school and parent-teacher communication is excellent.

The Da Vinci Academy School 1

Posted April 20, 2014
This school has been the biggest disappointment since moving to Colorado. Before moving to Colorado my husband and I did our homework and payed extra to live in the district 20 zone. Also we were told Davinci was a great school. It is awful. The administration does absolutely nothing! They are barely visible. Most parents I talk to don't even know who the principal and assistant principal are. The principal does not do her job. She doesn't hold kids accountable for their behavior and minimizes incidents that need to be taken seriously. Safety is not taken seriously here. Parents walk around all the time and one assumes they are a parent but who knows they could be a creep. They need to get new administration fast. The school rating went from a 9 last year to an 8 at the beginning of this school head to a 6 by the end of this year. Parents in district 20 expect a higher eating and better quality than that. The superintendent needs to get involved!

Posted April 17, 2014
We moved to this school after spending 2 1/2 years at AIES. Our experience has been interested teacher partnership and the principal is focused on teacher development. The programs seem designed to incorporate fun into learning as opposed to creating an environment that is only about the top 20% and pushing the rest into IEP/ILPs. Parent volunteering is highly encouraged and can definitely give you a voice to make a difference.

The Da Vinci Academy School 1

Posted March 05, 2014
Administration doesn't care. I used to believe the teachers did. Not anymore. This is our 5th year at this school, and we are so glad to be moving on. The TaG program is a joke. Students are not encouraged to do their best. Four years ago I gave this school a 5 star rating. Today, I'd give it 0 if I could.

Posted February 18, 2014
We were attending a charter school before and transferred to Da Vinci this past fall. My kids have been to 4 schools. This has been by far the best. The teachers are fantastic (and we have 3 of them) My kids love it. They rarely complain about going to school. Kindness is paramount. Responsibility it really emphasized. WE LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted May 05, 2012
I know there has been some problems with high administrative turnover and confusion in the past. This is clearly PAST. My child is thriving at this school and it is clearly evident that everyone at the school cares deeply about an individual's child development. I especially appreciate the differentiated learning opportunities. We are so happy with our experience here and the possibilities that exist within regular D20 that we dis-enrolled our youngest from (one size fits all) TCA in order for him to attend TdVA. As the previous post stated, this is a wonderful environment that caters to all styles. It is clear that the school continues to nurture my child's love of learning. My child cannot wait to go to school in the morning to learn more and to spend time at TdVA.

Posted April 24, 2012
When our kids started at TdVA 2 years ago we were apprehensive. It is our neighborhood school and, new to the county, had no idea about choice enrollment. Had we, our children would have missed out on this incredible school. From the moment you walk into this school a sense of warmth and community abounds. The front desk staff is spectacular and teachers are passionate and devoted. The CURRENT administration is out of this world. I am here multiple times per week volunteering and am able to witness firsthand the wonders of this school. As an art integrated school, the arts is a primary focus but it doesn't take the place of core academic learning and I think that is a point that should be stressed as there have been misconceptions as to the mission of this school. Core academics are reiterated through the arts. TdVA's not PERFECT. IE staff turnaround is high. I feel the current principal is going to stick around awhile (which is fabulous because so is she) and I I could see the revolving door trend end because of the stable administration. Foreign language program is disappointing. And they call PE movement. Wonderful academic school that caters to ALL learning styles

The Da Vinci Academy School
1335 Bridle Oaks Lane, Colorado Springs, CO  80921
Last modified The Da Vinci Academy School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.