School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

BLRA 2008 Fall Parent Survey Results Total Score 9.11 Overall child s experience 9.12 Principal / CAO - Satisfaction 9.21 Teacher - Satisfaction 9.38 Overall discipline practices 9.24 Overall communication for student progress 8.89 Likelihood to recommend school to others 8.84 Ratings are based on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 means Strongly Disagree , and 10 means Strongly Agree.
February 12, 2009

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

No, they just cover it up and try not to bring attention to it.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Administrative staff is terrible. When Mr. Franko was running the school several years ago it was great. He was very involved and wanted truly to see the children excel and do well. Sadly that is no longer the case.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Bullying is getting worse and teachers just try to cover it up.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Confusing lessons and negative behaviors for asking questions does not promote a safe atmosphere for learning.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

My kids spend an average of 2-3 hours a night on homework. There is little to no directions given for assignments and the teachers give a negative experience for asking questions.

We have been attending this school from the beginning. We have several children going here. Like a lot of other posts on here, this school is not what it used to be. Lots of behind the scenes politics and poor quality teachers. They really don't care about the education of your kids.

My daughter has been at Blra for the last 2 yrs. I have found it to be a great school with a wonderful culture. My daughter has found many friends which she struggled with at her last school. The clubs and other activities are plenty as well teachers are so caring!

Banning Lewis Ranch Academy is a great school. Our kids have been attending since kindergarten. We love the school community, the teachers, and the administration team. It can't be easy running a school these days. There is a lot being asked of our teachers and administrators. I feel our kids are safe, they're definitely learning a lot, and they have great friends. I really like the focus the school has taken to character education too. Wish more of the positive parents would get involved. The negative ones take away from the good parts of the school.

Ive attended Banning Lewis since the opening (06) and am currently in seventh grade. For the first 4 years of attending, I found the staff to be very caring and kept a good eye on the students. It wasnt until middle school where bullying had gotten completely out of hand. It would take constant reminders for the teachers or principal to acknowledge my complaints, as well as my parents. Not to mention, there were large amounts of foul language from students, as well as occasional swearing from teachers. I found that my needs were not payed attention to enough, and that unless you constantly remind the staff about bullying or academic issues, they wont pay attention. Within the past 2 years, the only teachers that met my needs and put student needs first, were Mrs. Mavel and Mr. Como. Within the past two years I have found the teachers to be inconsistent with the uniform policy where one teacher will say its okay for you to wear a pair of black tights, and than another teacher will give you a uniform violation for them. However, I found the learning curriculum to be fun to learn, and have found my self exceeding drastically. Sadly, I am no longer attending due to these issues.

This school is great I have 3 children in Banning Lewis right now I had 4 kids there last year The teachers are good and do care If your student is getting a bad grade they email right away to let you know so that you can talk with your kid and take action Every day the teachers are available after school to help students if they are struggling The teachers will contact you ask if your student can stay after school for tutoring If your students grades still are suffering Then they will ask for a intervention For parents and student to meet with all the teachers your student has to set up a plan for success The teachers are helpful standard of learning is high which is great My son entered in kindergarten last year and began reading in kindergarten I have 3 other older sons that went to a different kindergarten and hadn't learned to read didn't start to learn sight words or essentials to start reading I can stand out side the school waiting for my son And not hear a bunch of junior high kids cussing up a storm along with other inappropriate talk At my 12 year olds last school this was a regular everyday thing Banning Lewis Ranch Academy is K-8 I really like the environment.

Last modified Banning Lewis Ranch Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.