Bad
Good

Love everything about this school staff is amazing and the parent interaction and community support is also amazing honored to be a part of the school

I have kids going to the school and have been for four years now and I absolutely love the school the staff and the parent involvement is absolutely amazing so happy and blessed to be a part of this school

Odyssey Elementary is a fantastic school all around. From the STEM focus to the high rate of teacher retention and student growth data, OES clearly has a school culture of learning, acceptance and collaboration. Located in the Power Zone of D49, students are engaged with technology within the classroom that helps develop the skills needed to prepare them for middle school, high school and beyond. Mrs. Weyer is a fantastic principal who supports her teachers and community with hearing their voice and including them in the continuous culture of school improvement. As a former staff at OES (4 years ago) and a current parent, I'm able to see both sides of this school and the systems and culture. There is never a perfect school, teacher or experience, but I can tell you that the STEM and technology focus along with the quality of teachers who genuinely care and love what they do, make all the difference for my daughter.

We moved to district 49 from HSD2, and I have to say that it is a refreshing change. The staff are all very happy in the morning and eager to welcome the children and parents to a new day with a contagious positive energy. I love that the children line up inside the school, making me feel comfortable dropping my daughter off a few minutes before the first bell and leaving right away if necessary. My daughter loves the lunch choices and now will actually eat her lunch, the curriculum is challenging, but not so much so that my daughter stresses while trying to keep up. The front office staff are extremely nice and helpful. If they don't have an answer for you, they will go out of their way to find someone who does have an answer. I'm very glad we've moved to a great district with an awesome home school for her, Odyssey Elementary is amazing!

Odyssey was a recommendation made by my neighbor whose children currently attend Indigo Ranch. I originally placed my kindergartner at Odyssey because of the feedback I had received from both my neighbor and a few others in the neighborhood, however, this year's teaching staff I have been discovering, especially in kindergarten is problematic to say the least. I believe that the staff is overwhelmed and overburdened by the demands of 26+ students in their classrooms that discipline is becoming an issue among other things. I am told by my day care provider (bear in mind this is heresy) that one parent went at least 6 times to talk to the principal at this school about problems her child was having in one of the kindergarten classrooms. The parent is apparently very unhappy. I was very unhappy that my child was unhappy. I was told classroom sizes were approximately 20 at best but his class ballooned to 26 so naturally there were problems with classroom decorum and students not receiving adequate attention. All this after <1 month of starting school, I eventually moved my child elsewhere. A real shame given that Odyssey had such high ratings previously.

I am a student here in fifth grade and I was here for the last five years...this school is a great school! We also get to work with IPads

Here you are again- quoting the Falcon Flier. What exactly is your point? Why don't you spend your time volunteering at one of these schools- roll up your sleeves and help out. My children attended Odyssey for three years, and we had an excellent experience. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Verbatim from the D49 official Falcon Flyer received 8/30/2011: "Overcrowding has been a hot topic in District 49. Falcon continues to be one of the fastest growing districts in the state. We currently serve about 14,000 students. This is perhaps the first year that our overall student population has not increased, but that does not change the fact that overcrowding continues to plague our district. Eight schools in District 49 are currently over-capacity. They include Woodmen Hills Elementary, Falcon Middle School,Falcon High School, Evans International Elementary, Springs Ranch Elementary, Odyssey Elementary, Ridgeview Elementary, and Skyview Middle School. Of the remaining schools, not a single one of them is less than 75% full...Teachers struggle when thirty or more students outnumber them..."

My kids love going to Odyssey. It is a safe environment with caring and knowledgeable teachers. One of my children has an autistic spectrum disorder. The teachers have amazed me in their dedication and creative teaching approaches for him.

Odyssey has and will always be the best school. They make sure the kids strive for excellence and being sucessful. My oldest was in OES for 5th grade and now my youngest is in 2nd grade there. The awesome teachers and staff make you feel at hoe and a part of the OES family. Mrs. Weyer is a hard working and caring Principal. I am looking forward to many more wonderful years here and will be saddend when my oldet head to middle school. Thank you OES for the wonderful education you give my children.

Last modified Odyssey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.