Posted July 14, 2014
We moved to district 49 from HSD2, and I have to say that it is a refreshing change. The staff are all very happy in the morning and eager to welcome the children and parents to a new day with a contagious positive energy. I love that the children line up inside the school, making me feel comfortable dropping my daughter off a few minutes before the first bell and leaving right away if necessary. My daughter loves the lunch choices and now will actually eat her lunch, the curriculum is challenging, but not so much so that my daughter stresses while trying to keep up. The front office staff are extremely nice and helpful. If they don't have an answer for you, they will go out of their way to find someone who does have an answer. I'm very glad we've moved to a great district with an awesome home school for her, Odyssey Elementary is amazing!

Posted September 19, 2013
Odyssey was a recommendation made by my neighbor whose children currently attend Indigo Ranch. I originally placed my kindergartner at Odyssey because of the feedback I had received from both my neighbor and a few others in the neighborhood, however, this year's teaching staff I have been discovering, especially in kindergarten is problematic to say the least. I believe that the staff is overwhelmed and overburdened by the demands of 26+ students in their classrooms that discipline is becoming an issue among other things. I am told by my day care provider (bear in mind this is heresy) that one parent went at least 6 times to talk to the principal at this school about problems her child was having in one of the kindergarten classrooms. The parent is apparently very unhappy. I was very unhappy that my child was unhappy. I was told classroom sizes were approximately 20 at best but his class ballooned to 26 so naturally there were problems with classroom decorum and students not receiving adequate attention. All this after <1 month of starting school, I eventually moved my child elsewhere. A real shame given that Odyssey had such high ratings previously.

Posted August 08, 2013
I am a student here in fifth grade and I was here for the last five years...this school is a great school! We also get to work with IPads

Posted January 04, 2012
Here you are again- quoting the Falcon Flier. What exactly is your point? Why don't you spend your time volunteering at one of these schools- roll up your sleeves and help out. My children attended Odyssey for three years, and we had an excellent experience. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 30, 2011
Verbatim from the D49 official Falcon Flyer received 8/30/2011: "Overcrowding has been a hot topic in District 49. Falcon continues to be one of the fastest growing districts in the state. We currently serve about 14,000 students. This is perhaps the first year that our overall student population has not increased, but that does not change the fact that overcrowding continues to plague our district. Eight schools in District 49 are currently over-capacity. They include Woodmen Hills Elementary, Falcon Middle School,Falcon High School, Evans International Elementary, Springs Ranch Elementary, Odyssey Elementary, Ridgeview Elementary, and Skyview Middle School. Of the remaining schools, not a single one of them is less than 75% full...Teachers struggle when thirty or more students outnumber them..."

Posted May 24, 2011
My kids love going to Odyssey. It is a safe environment with caring and knowledgeable teachers. One of my children has an autistic spectrum disorder. The teachers have amazed me in their dedication and creative teaching approaches for him.

Posted February 25, 2011
Odyssey has and will always be the best school. They make sure the kids strive for excellence and being sucessful. My oldest was in OES for 5th grade and now my youngest is in 2nd grade there. The awesome teachers and staff make you feel at hoe and a part of the OES family. Mrs. Weyer is a hard working and caring Principal. I am looking forward to many more wonderful years here and will be saddend when my oldet head to middle school. Thank you OES for the wonderful education you give my children.

Odyssey Elementary School 3

Posted February 12, 2011
From day 1, this school was less than impressive. The orientation was total chaos. It took twenty minutes to find someone to direct me to my son's class. There is a heavy emphasis on math. So much so that other subjects seem to be neglected. There seems to be no extra attention given if your child struggles with a concept. I know that classes are at capacity and that learning must be reinforced at home but I didn't think I would have to be teaching complete subjects. Being military, I've had a chance to see lots of different schools. This district and this school is average at best. I get the distinct impression they are just checking the block. I'll be taking my child to tutoring to relearn concepts not adequately taught in the classroom.

Posted July 27, 2009
I absolutely love Odyssey Elementary! I have two daughters that have attended this school since the doors opened! They are now in 2nd and 3rd grade and even though we moved out of the zoning limits, Ms.Weyer was wonderful about letting my daughters remain students there! I'm very happy with their academic progress and they will be their throughout the duration of their elementary education! Tai Burson

Posted June 08, 2009

Odyssey Elementary School
6275 Bridlespur Ave, Colorado Springs, CO  80922
Last modified Odyssey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.