University School of Colorado Springs 1

Posted October 22, 2014
Not a fan of this school at all. There was so much favoritism shown by the principle (who is unprofessional, and uninvolved, except to his favorites) and teachers who couldn't control the classroom. So full of hypocrites... The staff and students call themselves christians, but they treat outsiders with disdain and rejection, there is no sense of community. The chapel times are all talk, no walk. I attended this school for four years and I came out of highschool wishing I had just gone to public school.

Posted August 18, 2014
We have home educated our six children for twenty years and used a variety of support groups and enrichment classes. We find it hard to top the quality of USCS. It doesn't operate as most traditional school, thankfully. Two of our sons graduated from here after attending three years. They still keep in touch with their friends, go to Bible studies, and even work for the school now. The cost is the "ONLY" negative we could even come up with. This school is so much more than academics.The boys loved all of their Canyoneering classes. They also had a strong drama program. Our sons both did great in college, afterwards, too as they learned to be self-motivated with their homework while attending USCS. The Bible classes and studies gave them a FIRM foundation they still use. We recommend trying USCS if you are looking for a smaller school, parental involvement, and a solid Biblical based environment.

Posted September 18, 2013
have been at Uscs for 7 years and I really enjoy this school. everyone here is always kind and welcoming. i love this school mainly because we get to pray, read the bible and talk about Jesus and most schools don't get to do that. also its really cool how our school goes on camping trips and we get to do zip lines, repelling and learn how to set up tents!I Love Uscs i don't think ill go back to any other school now that i see how awesome USCS is

Posted September 17, 2013
i think this school is amazing you should really join it if you aren't already here we my favorite thing is that they teach you about god and that's most important also everyday there is things like zip lines and capture the flag in the park uscs is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

University School of Colorado Springs 4

Posted September 15, 2013
It is a warm and caring school. The teachers care deeply for their students and do all they can to help them succeed. Unfortunately the school does not prepare the students for college. They don't have a guidance counselor who sits with each student to review grades, college applications, deadlines, SAT or ACTprep, goals, future plans etc. If they could only make this an integral part of high school, the school would deserve 5 stars

Posted September 09, 2013
I attended TCA (The Classical Academy) from 2nd grade to 9th grade. I was not the best of students at that time and my grades reflected my discouraged spirit. I gladly left TCA and attended the first year of University School of Colorado Springs in 2006. What a difference between a big school with big classes and a small school with small class sizes. Through the amazing staff at US-CS and God working in my heart, I began to understand subjects and really learn the material. I went from being a C,D, and F student to an A, B student. US-CS prepared me not only for the the academic challenges I have come across in college but also the spiritual ones. I am amazed by how many opportunities have come up to share the gospel in my college classes, and I currently have a 3.8 GPA. Overall, I praise God for being so good and bringing US-CS into my life.

University School of Colorado Springs 2

Posted August 18, 2013
There are (obvious) differential treatments from various administration towards certain students and families. This school is not accustomed to handling any issues that arise in a positive way. To ignore situations, in hopes they go away, seems to be the norm. Do not think outside of their box. There are, however, some great teachers who don't participate in their hypocrisy.

University School of Colorado Springs 1

Posted July 28, 2013
We will not be allowing our daughter to return here for various reasons. Please, speak to former families, teachers, and students before sending your children here to find out why they withdrew their children.

Posted February 11, 2013
I ve had the privelege of teaching at USCS since its first year. It s a young school (7years), so it has, of course, experienced growing pains. We've not been able to serve every family in the way they ve desired. But in the majority of cases, students blossom in the unique structure of our school. The strong ties between parents and teachers is crucial as we work to help students discover strengths and overcome weaknesses. The emphasis on student community and growing in Christ is stronger than most church youth groups. When there are issues with cliques (as in any group of teens), we do our best to address them. Extra-curricular activities include Bible studies, retreats, canyoneering, all-school challenge-type games, an incredible drama program, and mission/service opportunities. If your student plays team sports, USCS kids are welcomed onto the teams at ECA -- our teachers and students love to attend games and cheer them on. The best indicator of our school's impact on students is the lunch-time visits from USCS alumni who are still in town, or visiting from out-of-town colleges. When they pop in to see teachers and former classmates, it s like a family reunion every time.

Posted February 07, 2013
No school is the perfect fit for every child. But as a parent who's had children in home school, virtual school, charter school, and public school environments, I can say without hesitation that we've found what we were looking for at USCS, for both our girls. As with most private schools, not all of the teachers are certified, but having an anatomy teacher that used to teach medical students in hospitals works just fine for us! All of the teachers come either from public school backgrounds, or real-world occupations that relate to the subject they're teaching. We love the family atmosphere, and the partnership that we're blessed to have with the teachers (make no mistake: it's a partnership, and parents must be prepared to be the co-teacher -- that's the strength of the model). We look forward to seeing our girls graduate from this wonderful school (and we're grateful for the guidance in how to apply for college scholarships -- our older daughter got the second-highest scholarship possible at her private college of choice, which she'll be attending in the fall).

University School of Colorado Springs
2713 W. Cucharras Drive, Colorado Springs, CO  80904
Last modified University School of Colorado Springs is a Private school that serves grades K-12
University School of Colorado Springs Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top