Colorado Springs, CO
After care: No

University School of Colorado Springs 3

Posted February 14, 2015
I think there are two USCS's. If you are a favorite teacher or family or kid, you will think it is the best school ever. If you are not then you will have a hard time feeling like you matter and you and your kid will struggle. There are some teachers that challenge students but a lot are too relaxed. They don't ask the children to be really excellent in schoolwork or in how kids treat each other. It seems like the principal's favorite teachers are the relaxed teachers. If your kid is not already really serious about hard work and learning before he comes to the school then he will not learn to be like that there unless it comes from you or maybe one of the hard teachers.

Posted January 21, 2015
I am a current student at USCS and have been attending since 2007 and wouldn't change any of it. This school has changed me and brought me closer to God and the reality of His love and grace towards you. Students that attend this school are accepting and always fun to be around, the staff is amazing and are always free to help and talk with you. This school exudes Christian beliefs and principles, and Christ is always the center of our studies and chapels. Teachers are always willing to help you if you need any help with homework or understanding topics that where discussed in class.

Posted January 15, 2015
This has been my kids favorite school of all time. There are godly men and women and teachers who love God and promote each kids faith. Its a school that loves people and adventure and encourages strong faith to tackle the outside world!

University School of Colorado Springs 1

Posted October 22, 2014
Not a fan of this school at all. There was so much favoritism shown by the principle (who is unprofessional, and uninvolved, except to his favorites) and teachers who couldn't control the classroom. So full of hypocrites... The staff and students call themselves christians, but they treat outsiders with disdain and rejection, there is no sense of community. The chapel times are all talk, no walk. I attended this school for four years and I came out of highschool wishing I had just gone to public school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 18, 2014
We have home educated our six children for twenty years and used a variety of support groups and enrichment classes. We find it hard to top the quality of USCS. It doesn't operate as most traditional school, thankfully. Two of our sons graduated from here after attending three years. They still keep in touch with their friends, go to Bible studies, and even work for the school now. The cost is the "ONLY" negative we could even come up with. This school is so much more than academics.The boys loved all of their Canyoneering classes. They also had a strong drama program. Our sons both did great in college, afterwards, too as they learned to be self-motivated with their homework while attending USCS. The Bible classes and studies gave them a FIRM foundation they still use. We recommend trying USCS if you are looking for a smaller school, parental involvement, and a solid Biblical based environment.

Posted September 18, 2013
have been at Uscs for 7 years and I really enjoy this school. everyone here is always kind and welcoming. i love this school mainly because we get to pray, read the bible and talk about Jesus and most schools don't get to do that. also its really cool how our school goes on camping trips and we get to do zip lines, repelling and learn how to set up tents!I Love Uscs i don't think ill go back to any other school now that i see how awesome USCS is

Posted September 17, 2013
i think this school is amazing you should really join it if you aren't already here we my favorite thing is that they teach you about god and that's most important also everyday there is things like zip lines and capture the flag in the park uscs is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

University School of Colorado Springs 4

Posted September 15, 2013
It is a warm and caring school. The teachers care deeply for their students and do all they can to help them succeed. Unfortunately the school does not prepare the students for college. They don't have a guidance counselor who sits with each student to review grades, college applications, deadlines, SAT or ACTprep, goals, future plans etc. If they could only make this an integral part of high school, the school would deserve 5 stars

Posted September 09, 2013
I attended TCA (The Classical Academy) from 2nd grade to 9th grade. I was not the best of students at that time and my grades reflected my discouraged spirit. I gladly left TCA and attended the first year of University School of Colorado Springs in 2006. What a difference between a big school with big classes and a small school with small class sizes. Through the amazing staff at US-CS and God working in my heart, I began to understand subjects and really learn the material. I went from being a C,D, and F student to an A, B student. US-CS prepared me not only for the the academic challenges I have come across in college but also the spiritual ones. I am amazed by how many opportunities have come up to share the gospel in my college classes, and I currently have a 3.8 GPA. Overall, I praise God for being so good and bringing US-CS into my life.

University School of Colorado Springs 2

Posted August 18, 2013
There are (obvious) differential treatments from various administration towards certain students and families. This school is not accustomed to handling any issues that arise in a positive way. To ignore situations, in hopes they go away, seems to be the norm. Do not think outside of their box. There are, however, some great teachers who don't participate in their hypocrisy.
3 people found this helpful

University School of Colorado Springs
2713 W. Cucharras Drive, Colorado Springs, CO  80904
Last modified University School of Colorado Springs is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
University School of Colorado Springs Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top