Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I was a little bit skeptic of trusting another Public School with my children future. However, this school turn that all the way around. They truly do care if your child succeeds and takes every step to make sure that they do succeed. They have kept me and my wife very informed and in the loop of our children's education. They have extra school activities such as sports day and sports challenge. He bring out the competition of the children that attend this school, with Rewards and challenges for little children to continue good behavior. My son comes home and tell me how many rewards he got for being a good kid. In short "Tax money well spent."

My child enjoys Freedom Elementary. Ms. Hayden is an excellent teacher and much help is offered to students that might be lagging behind. Volunteering is welcomed at this school and they have a strong PTA. There are plenty of after school activities for kids and it is a comfortable environment for learning.

My son has been at Freedom since his first day of kindergarten. We are sure to be moved soon, but he is currently attending 2nd grade there. I have been so impressed with this school. To start, for all you military folks that have so little info to work with...it is located in a beautiful, safe, family friendly neighborhood. The teachers are absolutely the best. My son has flourished and come home happy everyday. I love all the extra programs offered after school for sports and music. Parents are always welcome and are actually encouraged to visit. I can't imagine a better school or better teachers!

Freedom is such a great school. My son and daughter have nothing but good things to say. Whether its the great teachers, the office staff, or Mr. Wilson the gym coach who does sports challenge in the afternoons everyone works together and makes the kids feel so welcome. We are military and we will really hate when its time to move on. The school offers so many fantastic sports programs and they honestly make learning fun. I can say without a doubt that we haven't gotten or met a bad teacher and each school year my kids look forward to going back. I would suggest this school to anyone looking for positive learning and a staff that treats your children like they are family. Also as a parent if you want to be active in the school they welcome parents being involved which is so important to me. Freedom is a great school.

My husband works at Peterson, and when househunting we considered renting houses in every District (11, 20, 43, etc.). We specifically chose the house in D11 because it was served by Freedom. We made appts and met with each school's leaders before choosing; only Principal Marin had a plan/answer for every question on our list ("What are you going to do to mitigate budget cuts?" "How important are the music and arts programs to you?" "How much support do you get from the PTO/PTA?" etc.) By comparison, Meridian Ranch Elementary had an IB program, but the Principal didn't even know what the plan was for her school, and admittedly "hadn't put much thought into it." Also, Ms. Mery (the music teacher) is a Crystal Apple Award Winner, and Ms. Crom (the drama teacher) are outstanding; needless to say the music and drama programs are phenomenal. Colorado cut their education budget by 10% the year we arrived, and the Principal worked with the PTO/PTA, which is very strong, and they raised enough funding to pay the art teacher's salary and keep the art program. Also, we considered that Freedom fed into Jenkins Middle, another outstanding school, which is where our 6th Grader goes now. A+

Freedom is a great neighborhood school with well qualified teachers and good parent involvement. The kids and the families that attend this school are great. Freedom has all the top technology in their classrooms, computers, smartboards, etc. There is an after school sports challenge with a different sport each month.

I am sincerely pleased with Freedom Elementary and the complete staff. I moved here from the Washington DC area and was concerned that my children would not be as challenged intellectually in the Colorado Springs area however, the curriculum is exceptional, the teachers are superb and the Principal is suited perfectly for this school. I have had many interactions with Mr. Marin and his staff and must say that each concern regarding my children was immediately and professionally addressed. The staff has also brought issues to my attention to ensure that I remain aware of what is going on daily with my children. This staff reaches out to parents by multiple means: newsletters from teachers, emails, phone calls and letters home so there are never any surprises. As an educated parent with high standards, I will say that Freedom Elementary has far surpassed my expectations with their staff, curriculum, activities and overall presentation of the school.

there is bulleying going on at freedom elementary, i have seen and heard it before and after school, so what is going on inside the school? The principal is horrible and very rude, his main concern should be about the children,and adress the parents concerns. Let's see what happens this year??

I have a kindergartener and a fourth grader at Freedom. I am extremely impressed with both of their teachers. Each class has a variety of skill levels and the teachers expertly adapt curriculum and activities to every level. They use laptops, workbooks and group activities to teach. There is strong parental involvement at this school, which makes it stronger. All grades are taugh Spanish, art, PE, & music. They have school plays, an after school optional PE program that enhances their experience with different sports (only $10/3 weeks - a great deal!), student council and a green club. I think the principal has a genuine desire to make this school a success. I volunteer on a weekly basis and I have never witnessed bullying or dangerous behavior. The children are well-behaved in general. My daughters have thrived here and look forward to next year.

We had a wonderful kindergarten teacher & we were so pleased with the kindergarten program as a whole. I would have been very happy to have our child in the class of any of the kindergarten teachers at this school. Our child is now a 1st grader & once again we are just thrilled with our child's teacher. We couldn't have asked for a better teacher for her. Other positive benefits of this school are the "specials" of music, art, Spanish and PE. In addition, there are several great afterschool programs such as the Science Matters in Colorado science club, sports challenge, etc. This fall they had a special hands-on Science & Technology night & in the spring they have a hands-on Art night. I have read several comments referring to the principal. His personality is such that he does tend to come off a little harsh at times. However, if you get a chance to work with him in a smaller setting, such as a PTA meeting, you are able to see a different side of his personality. I truly feel that he has the best interest of the children at heart & he really strives to have a top-notch school that provides a quality education.

Last modified Freedom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.