Chinook Trail Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2014
I think this school has some great teachers, but an incredibly weak administration. I had a problem with one teacher, and it's like they were afraid to do something about her. As another reviewer said, it's also really clique-y. I have children at other schools in the same district that are nothing like this, it's just really odd. There are many other awesome schools in this district, we were happy to leave Chinook. Good luck if you choose this school!

Posted January 08, 2014
I have really loved this school. It seems like they push the children but try to make learning fun at the same time. My daughter comes home everyday with the biggest smile on her face.

Posted November 13, 2013
my son is in Kindergarten and loves going to school every day. The teachers, office staff and administration are friendly, warm and care about every child. Their positive behavior program GROWL creates a very positive school environment. The enthusiasm of the administration is infectious and the teachers are amazing. There is a good amount of parental involvement. Chinook Trail gets kids exited about learning: Reading Olympics, book challenges, rewards for good behavior, a student of the month program... The kids all love PE and Chinese. The academic standards are high but the school manages to keep learning positive and fun. I would love to say thank you to all the wonderful (hard working) teachers and assistants, the administration and helpers that make learning exiting and fun.

Posted May 03, 2013
This is a fantastic community school with excellent academic programs and a focus on the development of the kids as whole children. My first and third graders love Chinese lessons, and I'm impressed with the character development they encourage through their GROWL program: the students are set clear expectations, provided feedback, and rewarded for positive behaviors. I'm also impressed by the dedication of the staff: my son has ADHD, and his teacher has provided consistent feedback and gone out of her way to communicate and help us facilitate his success.

Posted April 21, 2013
I am a prior teacher (not for Chinook) and now a sub for the school. Chinook has been recently ranked #1 in the entire state of Colorado for Elementary Schools! There is an art program with an art teacher for the prior comment made on this. School focuses on positive reinforcement for their students. As a sub I get around all of the schools in the district and Chinook has one of the smaller classroom sizes when compared to other D20 schools. Very friendly teachers, office staff, etc. I am part of the School Advisory Team and feel that the administration is top notch, very caring and concerned about their students and the school environment. No concerns or complaints so far other than I feel that neighborhood kids should have priority over choice kids. If you are a neighborhood kid and don't register before the summer, there is a great chance there will not be an opening for you.

Chinook Trail Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2013
Attended the choice night for this school. Very impressive. The number of teachers in attendance, the warmness, organization, and communication! Definitely one of the better elementary school in District 20, and they even offer band in 5th grade!

Chinook Trail Elementary School 3

Posted October 04, 2012
Good teachers. Great parent involvement. Great academic programs. PTA with too much authority. Weak principal and adminstrative leadership. Caddy and gossipy. Parent cliques use the school lobby, entrance, and interior rotunda as their own personal social hour before and after school like it's a country club. It's a weird environment. Overall, average experience.

Chinook Trail Elementary School 4

Posted July 22, 2012
both of our children have been introduced to the school and love it! Hopefully it will be extended to 8 th grade as planned very soon!

Posted December 27, 2011
My children have attended several schools, as we have moved around quite a bit. Chinook gets high marks for sure. Teachers are compassionate, nurturing and extremely knowledgeable. The opportunity for my kids to interact with the special needs population is a total bonus as well as they learn to help others, understand different learning needs, etc. The school is very fortunate to be led by a strong PTA that is made of a group of parents that tirelessly give up their free time and efforts to make the school great. It is an open, friendly and amazing group of both men and women!

Posted December 20, 2011
We took our daughter out of our district and put her into this school and we LOVE it! We love that they are teaching our daughter Chinese and that they really seem to care about the students. My daughter is thriving w/her teacher and is doing really well academically. We drive a good 20 minutes to bring our daughter to this school and it is well worth the drive! We are thrilled with all that this school has to offer academically and can't wait for our youngest to attend.

Chinook Trail Elementary School
11795 Grand Lawn Circle, Colorado Springs, CO  80924
Last modified Chinook Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chinook Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top